Blazers vs Spurs

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by fumanchu, May 4, 2014.

1. Rz4k

Rz4k Member

I do like ya'lls confidence tho, just don't pull a tlong and get overconfident.

2. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    I agree that we must win 2 on the road

3. Rz4k

Rz4k Member

They're different kinds of defenders. Howard is a low-post defender who bangs in the paint generally; Splitter plays opposing team PFs who have range. Lopez = Howard = Duncan. Not to say that either can't switch roles and be effective, but those positions are where they're best.

4. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I'm pretty confident about how we play against San Antonio, and I'm looking forward to a big series from Dame, but I'm not going to underestimate this team. They've been there way too many times. We will need a lot from our starters in this one.

5. EGame

EGame "You're the only one of these fools I trust"

What do you expect were on a high right now after beating the Rockettes. That team was the supposed darkhorse to represent the west in the finals. Spurs are the better team, but we have played you guys as good as anyone in the regular season. We shall see how that translates into playoff games.

6. magnifier661

I'm not disrespecting spurs here. They are a championship team and I hope one day stotts can be as good as pop.

What I'm trying to say is Portland has the tools to beat them. And if they do beat them, it will be easier than you think. If this is a dog fight, 7 game battle, the spurs will win.

So I am not going all Houston fan. I just have confidence that this team has finally overcome their hump and they can get back to winning series now

7. magnifier661

Also, Tim Duncan is the Best PF to ever play this game.

And the spurs are the best team in the nba. I just want us to beat all the best teams, Houston, spurs, okc and Miami.

It would be more dramatic than the Rockets winning their second championship being the 6th seed

8. Rz4k

Rz4k Member

Over on ST most of us were picking y'all after Game 1; McFail really is a garbage coach and Houston's two superstars are playoff chokers. Houston was a bad matchup for SA but just about the rest of the West had the matchups to win.

As for regular season, it means crap. Just look at how the Spurs/Mavs went: Spurs have owned them since 2011-2012 yet they took the Spurs to 7 games. Portland will be tough, and they'll have a great shot to win the series . At any rate, I'll be rooting for the winner of this series to come out of the West.

Eastoff likes this.
  9. Natebishop3

Me too. I hate OKC and LAC.

10. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    mags is not discounting the Spurs. He has repeatedly said he wants a Blazers-Spurs matchup because the Spurs are the best team in the league, and he wants the Blazers to beat the best.

He got his wish. I think he's crazy, but don't we all?

11. EGame

EGame "You're the only one of these fools I trust"

Well I mean if we believe in the league being rigged than the Clippers are a lock for winning it all right?

12. Natebishop3

I have my concerns man. I have my concerns. They've got this "poor me" shit going on and everyone is rooting for them because they have a racist owner.

13. Rz4k

Rz4k Member

The league wants OKC/Miami with Miami winning in 7 tbh. They're on the Clips right now to hype up an OKC/LAC series for revenue, but in the end they know the big dollars will be in promoting the whole Magic vs Bird 2.0 battle between Lebron and KD, which is a massive joke in and of itself.

14. Natebishop3

Yup. I agree 100%. I wish the league wasn't such a fucking joke.

15. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Yeah, it's kind of dumb to say Splitter is going to have an easier time guarding LMA than Howard. I imagine the Spurs will double early and often in the series, because if LMA gets Splitter 1 v. 1, Splitter will be racking up some fouls. LMA at this point has the most varied array of post moves in the NBA. He can make shots off of either shoulder, he can cross into the lane for his running hook, he can reverse pivot ... one on one, he can't be defended by Splitter, IMO. LMA has much better post moves than Dirk at this point of Dirk's career. Dirk's entire game is the opposite shoulder fadeaway. It's unblockable, but he doesn't get the lift on that shot that he used to have, meaning it's much easier to distract him.

I'm going Blazers in 6, though, just as I predicted in the first round.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  16. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

The Spurs terrify any opponent. It's the consistency that just wears down other teams. If Lillard really is a legitimate MVP, as he played as in Round One, I like the Blazers' chances.

17. RoyToy

RoyToy Clown Town

Blazers in 6 would be epic as game 6 is obviously in Portland and it's on a Friday

18. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

It really is. James is one of the greatest players ever, and Durant thus far is Dominique Wilkins, but with another All-NBA player as a teammate.

19. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

San Antonio bound. Like it is 1977!

[​IMG]

20. Rz4k

Rz4k Member

If LA drives, Duncan will be there to take over. I'm talking about strictly out on the perimeter; Splitter will frustrate if he shoots jumpers all day, but if he drives then Duncan will double off Lopez to help and Splitter will eventually switch onto Lopez if LA stays in the post. The Spurs' two-headed monster of Duncan/Splitter is the most underrated bigman combo in the NBA by far, and is arguably the best.