Blazers vs. Spurs

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by ice ice BIBBY, Jan 24, 2005.

1. ice ice BIBBY

ice ice BIBBY JBB JustBBall Member

I just got finished watching the blazers vs. Spurs game...whoa!

Great win for the Blazers...especially coming off a 6 game losing streak...DMiles had a good game off the bench with 21 points...Damon Stoudamire has been on fire the last 5 games or so and my personal fave Joel Pryzbilla is just ballin right now...playing some of best ball of his career since the Zach injury...i believe he had like 17 and 16 or something to that effect...great contribution

i was very impressed by the Blazers...beating a team (the best team in the league may i add) who just totally crushed my kings last night by 30.... hopefully for their sake this will push them in the right direction

i thought the Spurs came out of the gate a little flat maybe a little tired from last nights game...but came back to make a game of it against the Blazers...bottomline Spurs did not play Spurs basketball...and the Blazers did

2. AA13

AA13 JBB JustBBall Member

This was a needed win for Portland. They did it without Van Exal too. I can't tell if it's just a fluke or if Portland has a chance of making the playoffs. Why did Van Exal get called for two technicals? I saw the first but I didn't see them call the second.....

3. ice ice BIBBY

ice ice BIBBY JBB JustBBall Member

^ Steve Javy called the second like right after the first...so im sure you saw it but didn't know it was the 2nd....NVE drove to the basket got the layup and thought they should have called a foul so he threw his hand down in disgust and anger right in front of Steve Javy...Javy called the first tech...then immediately NVE said some ugly cuss words to Javy and then Javy called tech 2 and threw him out....i think it fired the team up a bit even though it was early in the third quarter....another time or two down the court and Mo Cheeks got a Tech....the Rose Garden peeps were not happy...but they were still behind their players and i think they helped the Blazers win this thing

4. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

did'nt believe the final score the first time i saw it, A win that shows that even with injuries the Blazers have a lot of talent and that if Joel will work hard enough he will be able to take theo's place in a year...this win just shows that with some ajustments in the roster the blazers can be one of the best teams in the league.