Blazers: What the Lottery Results Mean for Portland

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by rafy, May 24, 2007.

1. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

Very, very good read. After reading the points for Oden and Durant, I'm actually now undecided as to what would be the right course of action. [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">As Brandon Roy stood beside Dominique Wilkins and Lenny Wilkins in Secaucus, New Jersey last night holding the card that noted the Portland Trail Blazers owned the number one over all pick in this year's NBA Draft, pure joy turned to fear in mere seconds.

Sam Bowie.</div>

Source

2. The_Future

The_Future JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">rafy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Very, very good read. After reading the points for Oden and Durant, I'm actually now undecided as to what would be the right course of action. [​IMG]

Source</div>

Personally I think the whole Bowie thing is being a little overplayed. Bowie was actually a good player, just was injury plagued, Oden played through his injury most of this season and still averaged 15 points a game and something like 8 rebounds.

Like I've said before at this point I would take Oden, but I would be just as happy if we decided to take Durant and if we really want Durant I think then that's when we try and trade with Seattle down to the number 2 pick.

Good article, thanks for it.

3. asdf

asdf JBB JustBBall Member

If the Blazers take Durant wouldn't that mean that they'll be giving up on Webster/Outlaw? I was really hoping for those two to break out sometime soon.

4. ilive4ball

ilive4ball JBB JustBBall Member

Dude we've been waiting 4 years for outlaw to break out. It was supposed to be last season. Martell....its too soon to judge him yet but he hasn't shown too much promise honestly..

5. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">ilive4ball Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Dude we've been waiting 4 years for outlaw to break out. It was supposed to be last season. Martell....its too soon to judge him yet but he hasn't shown too much promise honestly..</div>

I don't think that's fair to Travis. He came straight out of high-school, and even if he was coming out of college he would be considered a raw prospect. He has way, way too much potential to give up on now. And like Pritchard said, he's going to be with us for a long, long time.

As far as Martell goes, he's another guy that just went straight out of high school. He has potential, let's just wait and see what he does with it.

6. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

Take Durant, That's what I say, he is a champion more so then Oden. Don't pass on him. He is the most complete PF since Garnett. No Center can win a champion ship on their own, Durant is like KG, he can go far. I like em both, but I say take Durant.