Blazers WONT Trade for Marbury

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Hunter, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></p>

There has been some speculation floated out there that the Blazers could become involved in helping the New York Knicks unload disgruntled Stephon Marbury in exchange for the bloated contracts of Darius Miles and Raef LaFrentz.</p>

</p>

Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard chuckled at the idea on Thursday, saying he could bring up the "C-word" (culture) as a reason, but instead, he opted to comment on the current team.</p>

</p>

Another source on the Blazers also chuckled at the notion of Marbury becoming a Blazer, saying the only way the Blazers would even look at taking on Marbury would be if the Knicks involved David Lee in the deal. And that is not going to happen. -- <font color="#000000">The Oregonian</font></p>

</div></p>

2. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

He bought out Francis and traded Randolph for next to nothing, so I don't see why he'd even consider Marbury. I'm loving that nobody's willing to take Isiah's trash off his hands, though.</p>

3. ToddMacCulloch11

ToddMacCulloch11 Who me?

Smart move for the blazers. Marbury is the last thinga young rebuilding team needs to have around.</p>

4. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Smart move indeed.</p>

I really don't see a team wanting Marbury, unless they're sending crap back. haha</p>