Blockbuster Trade!

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by mike18946, Jul 22, 2003.

1. BRockwell

BRockwell JBB JustBBall Member

hmmmm I tried to edit my last post and it made a brand new one.....

2. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

its okay rocko... i still love you... hahaha jk

3. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Love it Live- What would make you think Glenn Robinson won't contribute?

Remember, he's only 30, he is still young enough to have a career year playing on a team with a dominant scorer like AI- but not one crowded with similar players on offense like he was in Milwaukee.

I think a re-location, plus playing for a team in the thick of a Division title race, plus playing with a player of AI's caliber could be a real blessing for Glenn Robinson.</div>

He might not get to contribute at all, seems as if he isn't included in the trade. But instead Mark Jackson, and Terrell Brandon will get sent to Philly.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">seems the deal has changed

Philly gets Brandon and Marc Jackson,

NY get KVH,

Minny gets Spree.

glenn robinson will not be in the trade....</div>

4. BRockwell

Love it Live- Ahhhh...I see, posts were made as I was typing up my longer one.

Hmmm...If this means that Atlanta is pulling out of the deal, I'd be surprised if Philly stayed in it as well. The Sixers have a great chance at reaching the NBA finals next year and I don't see why they'd trade Van Horn for nothing. If Atlanta pulls Glenn Robinson off the table- and I don't know why they would (they won't win anything with him, but who knows how much damage they could do with next year's lottery pick and all that cap space?)- then I think Philly pulls out too. They are not looking to rebuild.

Would New York deal Spree for Brandon's Contract and Marc Jackson? I would do it if I was Scott Layden...but who knows with him?

5. Sasha

Yeah, it would stink if Philly went ahead with the trade, it would hurt the team soo bad.

As for the New York thing, I don't think Scott would do that, he isn't really getting anything in return. But Spree really wants out of NYC real bad.

6. BRockwell

I think Layden would be smart to deal Spree for Brandon's contract. The Knicks' 1st priority has to be to get things straightend out financially if they want to ahve any hope of winning anytime soon.

Getting rid of an 8 figure contract in exchange for an expiring one would be a nice first step in the right direction. IMO.

7. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

He will do anything to get rid of spree

8. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think the deal has changed like you stated allnet. Sportscenter is still showing the original trade idea.

9. Nylex

Nylex JBB JustBBall Member

They're talking about a 5th team being involved.. possibly the Kings, with Keon Clark being traded.

10. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

hmmm... it looks like this is still a rumor...

11. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

It is still a rumor only if they try to make it a 5 team.

12. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

nothing is official yet (no signings), so to me.. that?s a rumor [​IMG]

13. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

I agree but its all over the news and everything.

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Trade Official!!! Spree to Wolves, Big Dog & Mjax to Sixers

ESPN<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Five players, including Latrell Sprewell, Glenn Robinson and Keith Van Horn, were involved in a four-team NBA trade Wednesday night.

Minnesota received Sprewell from the New York Knicks and sent guard Terrell Brandon to Atlanta and center Marc Jackson to Philadelphia, according to Timberwolves vice president Kevin McHale, who announced the trade.

Robinson goes from Atlanta to Philadelphia, which sends Van Horn to New York.

The deal ends Sprewell's five-season tenure with the Knicks which included a trip to the 1999 NBA Finals. He averaged 16.4 points and shot only a shade over 40 percent last season _ some of the lowest numbers of his 11-year career.

Sprewell will fill a hole at shooting guard for the Timberwolves, giving them a starting lineup of Troy Hudson or Sam Cassell at point guard, Wally Szczerbiak at small forward, Kevin Garnett at power forward and recently signed free agent Michael Olowokandi at center.

Brandon, whose career is likely over because of repeated knee injuries, was attractive because his $11 million-plus contract is due to come off the salary cap in February. Atlanta could then use that space to have extra maneuverability on the free agent market or in trades.

Robinson, a two-time All-Star, was Atlanta's leading scorer last season with an average of 20.8 points.

Van Horn has spent only one season in Philadelphia after playing his first five with New Jersey. He was criticized in Philadelphia for his play in the postseason when his scoring averaged dropped almost five points from his regular season average.
    </div>

15. Mel JBB

Mel JBB JBB Webmaster

do you have the link to this article?

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

17. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

new york fans are probably having a fit right now

18. Sasha

This is some great news, after you said last night that Glenn might not at all go to Philly my heart broke. It has mended again though. This is a very good trade for all teams I think, everyone gets what they want. Philly got some more size in Big Dog and a better scorer than Keith. We all know that Don Cheney loves Keith so that is a big up for them. Finally, the Wolves will for sure this time around get out of the first round. They will be one of the top teams to beat in the west.

19. knicks235

knicks235 JBB JustBBall Member

i am growing on this trade,gives us height money and if we can get keon and ratlif maybe thomas for keon and eisley and knight for ratlif not only are we playffs but we will be fav's

c-ratlif/clark
    pf-dyess/sweetz/lampe
    sf-van horn/spoon/lampe
    sg/houston/anderson
    pg-ward/williams

20. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

I would put Clark ahead of Ratliff, but a lot of people would disagree with me. Good trade for all of the teams. I'm still mad that we had to give Marc Jackson and get nothing in return, maybe we will sign Kemp or Coleman or someone with the 1.5 million we spared in this deal.