@#%*$ Bob Ryan!!

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by olskoolfunktitude, Apr 20, 2003.

1. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

2. Old Hoss

Old Hoss JBB JustBBall Member

Sorry, it's against my religion and ethics code to read anything that piece of garbage writes. -x

3. olskoolfunktitude

haha...agreed. honestly i think shaugnessy is worse but this is just awful....

heres a few gems:

"... The Celtics' season should be over very soon...
    ...[no one should] attempt to draw any solace from recent history; namely, last year. That was Then. This is very much Now. The Celtics are nowhere near the same team....
    ...the Celtics are an artistic disaster, almost thoroughly unwatchable. they are the basketball team for people who hate basketball.
    ...There is no team grace, no team flair, no discernible team style."

he concludes with
    "The question is not necessarily whether the Celtics will advance. It's whether the fans want them to. That would require further viewings, and people may already have decided that enough is enough for one season."

even if he was right, how could he write that and think...boy...this is really gonna sell newspapers

4. Old Hoss

I have been and will continue to be critical of this team but at no time would I ever say that I hope they don't continue on in the playoffs.

Sportswriters in Boston seem to believe that they are the show and not the people and teams that they are only writing about. Bob Ryan has had this attitude for many years. I've seen him on talk shows where he won't allow the other people on the show to even speak.

Some of the younger guys aren't much better as thay fancy themselves as comedians and appear to forget why they are on the air.

5. olskoolfunktitude

hehe....dan shaungessy referring to the boston sports beat writers as...i think it was something like....the valiant knights of the keyboard??.....ridiculous

6. Old Hoss

Dickerson and Tanguay on FoxSports at night is like watching "Rainman" and that "I Am Sam" character having a battle of wits. It's the viewers who come out the losers on that exchange. One guy that I couldn't stand years ago but have since changed my mind about is Bob Lobel; he used to take himself too seriously but now he knows it's just a job and it's sports, not the do all and end all of life.

7. olskoolfunktitude

Calahan is also garbage. he shaugnessy and ryan are the great triumvereate of crap. people might say guys like fred shephard are dumb or whatever but ast least he doesnt root AGAINST his own teams like those "respectable" guys"

8. Old Hoss

One guy I like, even though he himself once said he was a douche bag, is Mike Adams who seems to bounce around on the radio more than an over inflated basketball. He tells it like it is and is sober at leat 40% of the time. )

9. olskoolfunktitude

yea mike adams is funny. andlemans a good man too.