Bonds Ties The Babe

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by DaCaliHustla50, May 20, 2006.

1. DaCaliHustla50

DaCaliHustla50 BBW Elite Member

Barry Bonds hit number 714 to tie Babe Ruth, in Oakland. Your guys' thoughts on this?

2. pistonz4life

pistonz4life BBW Elite Member

It took him long enough. He was like the top story every day since 713. Everyone knows he uses steroids so it's not a huge feat.

3. The Fray

The Fray BBW Member

It's such BS that it's not even funny. I hear the HR ball was caught by a fan that doesn't care for Bonds and really didn't seem tohappy judging by his facial expression.

4. pistonz4life

pistonz4life BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Fray @ May 21 2006, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It's such BS that it's not even funny. I hear the HR ball was caught by a fan that doesn't care for Bonds and really didn't seem tohappy judging by his facial expression.</div>Yea that guy was stupid. He will just go out and sell it for thousands of dollars. Catching a milestone is like winning the lotto.

5. The Fray

The Fray BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pistonz4life @ May 21 2006, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yea that guy was stupid. He will just go out and sell it for thousands of dollars. Catching a milestone is like winning the lotto.</div>Lol nice comparison with the lotto but I believe the milestone is better. It's more than just money, you'llremember it and touch it everyday lol, money just goes away.

6. Heatfan32

Heatfan32 BBW Elite Member

Great now we have steroid boy in the records,keep breaking records while the league just stands there and watches you break them with steroids..

7. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

This is truly a sad day in baseball.The biggest difference is that Bonds did it with steroids. Babe Ruth just did it with beer and hot dogs. I dont think it really matters to anyone though. Everyone knows that the Babe will always be better than Bonds, no matter what happens.

8. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

It's a tainted record, does anyone notice that Bonds is getting fatter every day?

9. The Fray

The Fray BBW Member

Lol, everybody I realize hates himthat is fromthe east, well a mass majority..and ppl from bball forums are usually from the east, that's why nobody likes what happened yesterday.

10. Wade3

Wade3 BBW Elite Member

Someone better care when they catch 715. And dang that's going to be some crazy ass security.

11. N4S_GFX

N4S_GFX BBW Member

Bonds is a cheater and he knows it.

12. Heatfan32

Heatfan32 BBW Elite Member

Just a few things to point out that Bonds really does cheat and how much the league hides it.Jose Canseco claims to be the first documented steroid user but says Bonds is the petri dish of the month.The Chronicle reported that prosecutors questioned Bonds for 3 hours in December of 2003, he said he used "the cream"(a testosterone-based balm) and "the clear"(THG, human growth hormone).According to The Chronicle Bonds testified that he used both of those supplements but said he did not know they were steroids.He has yet to be charged of any crime.Kimbery Bell, who claims to be Bond's former mistress told Fox News that he admitted to here that he used steroids in both 1999 and 2000 describing changes in Bonds such as bloating and acne on his back.He told her that he was using the drugs to help speed his recovery from injuries and said "everyone was doing steroids."

13. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

I found it so anticlimactic. It's like when you watch Kobe after he scored 81, and even if he scores 50, it's a letdown. We knew Bonds was gunna break it, but it took him so long, no one cared.

14. heatkick

heatkick BBW Member

im happy for him, too many ppl are hatin

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades BBW Member

Good I hate baseball and I wanted this to happens so everybody realize it's a broken sport I hope he gets the number 1 spot