OT Bones Jones appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Orion Bailey, Apr 28, 2018.

1. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

What have I done in this thread that is so egregious? Please state so. I'll state what you've done:

- You came in here just to complain about me once again.
    - You've called what I have to say invalid, a broken record, full blanket generalizations, etc.
    - You've tried to pass off threads based on trades as being based on me wanting Stotts gone (lie)...
    - You got condescending and said that I should avoid arguing basketball with you (when you're coming into this thread to argue) and that it would be a mistake for me. Even added "son" to it.
    - Stated you want me to look at the good and the bad, not just the bad, even though I've complimented Stotts on what I find to be positive traits of his coaching...
    - Now you've started cussing me out, calling out my youth, and told me to grow up.

And then you want to say you've been courteous and I'm playing the victim card?

2. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Personally @kjironman1, I think it's more than a little fucked up and BUSH LEAGUE to hijack someone's appreciation thread. If you don't appreciate them, stay the FUCK outta the thread.

3. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Bones. I'll reach out the olive branch my friend. Maybe i came out a little to forward. I take on things a bit harsh at times.
    Like i said above. I have no doubt you are a true Blazer fan that just wants better for the team.
    I will try in the future to be a little more gentle in the way i approach your stances.
    Again I apologize if you feel i came at you in the wrong way. was not intended to be anything other than pointing out what i felt was very obvious.

Lanny likes this.
  4. kjironman1

Yep. I was wrong in the first place. Should never have even started in on it.

5. BonesJones

I don't need you to be gentle, just try to listen to what I have to say instead of blowing it off as invalid, generalizations, etc. You've even admitted you can tell when I put a lot of thought into what I post, so I don't understand why it automatically gets passed off as such. I've worked on trying to show a level of respect towards everybody, it just seems like lately I've been getting blasted for fair, thought-out opinions on the state of the team, and I don't get why. I'd be glad to have a basketball discussion, and at worst, agree to disagree. I feel like you've made my dislike for Stotts' coaching into something personal, and I don't understand it. We're getting all wrapped up into what my intentions were for starting threads, instead of discussing basketball. I've even said I'd be glad to discuss how the team could improve their style of play instead of focusing on Stotts, and making it into a more positive discussion...

I'm literally trying to post in such a way that keeps everyone happy, while trying to be more respectful of differences of opinion, and that makes it frustrating when it seems like someone can't respect mine.

Thanks for your apology, and apology accepted. Let's try to keep the discussion fair and respectful and focused on basketball, since we both know what we're talking about and we both have a lot to bring to the table. Sound good?

6. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    Hey mods, I have an idea for a thread to while away the empty summer months. One combined appreciation thread for Bones, HCP, and The Ironman. It would be a reeeaaallll barrel of monkeys. Chaos.

Imagine. Poster A praises Bones. So B criticizes A. C says he likes Ironman, and Bones somewhat, but he hates B. So D says he likes HCP and B but not Iron. So Bones gets on and says fuck all of you. Now it's on. They all gang up on Bones, but Z comes in and defends him. So M says the HCP is the best and Z sucks. Get the picture? All summer long. Let's make this board great again and HCP funny again.

7. kjironman1

I get it. I really do.
    And yes do keep posting and keep posting what you feel.
    Yes that sounds very good.
    Smooch????
    Aw fuck i just had to do that.....
    Take care.

BonesJones likes this.
  8. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Been fixing my driveway ALL day. How am I spinning something of which I said I'm not sure what you mean?

dviss1 likes this.
  9. BonesJones

Where is the part where HCP says something kind to me? That would be the most shocking post in the history of the forum.

10. bodyman5000 and 1

I was gonna say that when it started but I didn't wanna hijack the thread.

dviss1 likes this.
  11. kjironman1

You have dug out the "Total Rebuild" thing. When that was never really the point of the post.
    Some say retool but i'm just not sure how anyone can look at losing 4 of 5 starters as anything other than a total rebuild?
    Then there was the play on words about if HE was doing HIS best. Creates a run around the fact that the roster is flawed to a fault at this point.
    It's like saying
    MY dog pooped in the yard
    or
    my DOG pooped in the yard
    or
    my dog POOPED in the yard
    or
    my dog pooped IN the yard
    or
    my dog pooped in the YARD
    None of those statements really mean the same thing and can be taken differently.
    The statement about Stotts doing his best with what he has to work with was not about his effort. That is where the spin came in.
    Fair enough?

12. bodyman5000 and 1

Tldr

13. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    I've never met you in person but through the years I've come to appreciate you both as a person and a basketball and Blazer expert. I've especially enjoyed your game synopses.

14. kjironman1

Well maybe you should?
    You are the one who asked three times for me to explain it to you.

15. BonesJones

Id just say its not a rebuild once you have a core that makes the playoffs. You rebuild to try to get the team to the playoffs, and ultimately, a championship. So once you make the postseason, it's not a rebuild, that's just how I look at it.

So I don't understand why people still talk about this as if it's a rebuild. It shouldve been a rebuild, but it wasnt, because McCollum was better than anyone dreamed he could be, and our role players were better than expected.

16. kjironman1

I'm getting too old and too grumpy for these guys. I wish i had time to do them still. Thanks Lanny.

17. bodyman5000 and 1

Quit spinning what you said and I'll listen

kjironman1 likes this.
  18. kjironman1

I guess what the statement has been is third year of a total rebuild.
    I agree. It's time to move on. But they did have to get here from there. Now they need to get there from here though and that is gonna take some improvement.

BonesJones likes this.
  19. kjironman1

Nice! Didn't see that one coming.....

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  20. bodyman5000 and 1

Now you're guessing about your "facts"

Ok....