Bonzi Wells Now A Grizzlie

Discussion in 'Memphis Grizzlies' started by jbbKing James, Dec 3, 2003.

1. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

I would not be so sure of that.

This is a "wait and see" deal.

2. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This is just a quick note that the Grizzlies have protection if the draft pick this year ends up to be in the top three. If it is the Blazers will get the Grizzlies pick in 2005 unless it is the number one pick.

3. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Nice report JWill, but I have to close this because it's being discussed already in the News Flash forum. I'll reopen it when that thread is moved here. Then I'll also combine the two.

4. hapnnsas

hapnnsas JBB JustBBall Member

Okay I am a huge blazer fan and I don't favor either side of this trade. I mean I know we got rid of Bonzi for chemistry reasons and the fact he's a jackass. I wouldn't want a guy on my team that is yelling at the coach. Also he has obviously decreased in points by 5 points a game and I think it was right to ship him out. Grizzlies obviously got a talent boost but that 1st round pick could come back to haunt them. But knowing the Blazers we will draft some ******** player and blow the best part of the trade (the pick). I also like the fact we have a shooter now, Sheed was probably our best 3 point shooter before Person and I don't think the PF should be the go to perimeter guy, I think he should be banging down low in case of a miss. I think this will work out for us quite well.

5. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting hapnnsas:</div><div class="quote_post">I wouldn't want a guy on my team that is yelling at the coach. Also he has obviously decreased in points by 5 points a game and I think it was right to ship him out.</div>

Keep in mind that many Blazers have decreased their ppg due to Randolph's breakout.

Yelling at coaches isn't the issue. It's the fact that he did so publicly, and with much vulgarity.

BTW, great to see yet ANOTHER Blazers fan on the site!! Come by the Blazers forum sometime [​IMG] .

6. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deestillballin:</div><div class="quote_post">Like the good man said on ESPN.. I wouldnt trade with Jerry West, because he always knows something that we dont.</div>

Those were my exact thoughts. West is a man with a plan, and i think he'll make good use of Bonzi.

I think the pick will be late lottery, so this is great for the Blazers also...

7. jbbBlaze

jbbBlaze JBB JustBBall Member

So Bonzi is gone..i hope he gets his **** together and becomes the star player he has shown he can be..i guess it goes to show just how low his stock dropped and they must have said "lets get him out before it drops any more"..is that a sign of weakness?..the only problem i had with the deal is i wanted a starter and Person isnt good enough to hold down a starting spot..the best i can see from Person is the 3 from the bench..IF we can get the 4th pick next year mybe the deal dont look so bad but why give up this year so early..this move should just be the first..i wouldl ike to see 1 or 2 more fresh faces before deadline and if that happens lets make sure its a step up from the deal just made..we better beat the Grizz...1

8. kobe35plus

kobe35plus JBB JustBBall Member

Portland got rid of Bonzi to clear cap room, plus he was bad for the team's chemistry.

This was a great deal for Memphis. They can bring in a strong second option next to Gasol.

For all of those Grizzlies fans wondering why their first round pick was traded also, it was because the Grizzlies already have enough young talent and didn't need any more.