Boomer says, lose round one, house cleaning needed

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Apr 17, 2017.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Agree. Major changes have to be made. He also said what I've been saying for years. No more stupid NTC or NMC clauses. That should come from Dolan. Ownership policy that none of those will be given out.

2. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Cannot argue with that. Still doubt AV goes (he signed an extension this season), unless they whimper out in 5 games, but bigger changes needed. I also think they will happen as we are in a better position to do that this summer than last summer player wise.

3. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You can't expect anything from Dolan. The guy is a disgrace. One look at the Knicks currently should tell you everything you need to know.

4. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Just saw this on Twitter...

Amanda Stein @amandacstein
    #NYR practice seems slightly low energy. AV trying to get team going, don't seem to be responding. Feels like mid-January practice.#TSN690

These players don't want to play for him anymore. It's simple as that. He's worn out his welcome.

5. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    If they play w same level of energy and complacency tomorrow night they will lose and lose this series and AV is done. As others have said it's less concerning they are down 2-1 and more concerning lack of effort in G3. Unacceptable and if it's a trend it's a coach killer.

6. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

The crowd needs to do their part a little more during the game if it's close. The crowds at alot of other arenas seem more energetic alot more. In a 0-0 2nd period it shouldn't sound like they're down 5-1 in November.

7. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The current crowd which is terrible is the result of high corporate prices driving out the regular fans. Now you get the place full of people who couldn't really care less about the game.

8. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

If that's true then this team is done and AV has to be gone after game 5 (because if that's how practice is going then they'll lose in 5). That's unacceptable. Totally unacceptable. And for a coach to not be able to motivate his guys who are feeling down on themselves and doubting themselves is even worse. He can't light a fire under their asses because he doesn't have a fire under his ass. He is totally emotionless. He's the total opposite of Torts in every way lol. Torts was totally defensive minded, overly emotional to the point of temper tantrums whereas AV is totally offensive minded and acts very vey nonchalant about everything and that has now seemingly rubbed off on this team.

9. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

It should be noted that Stein, who tweeted that, is a Habs reporter and hasn't been to many, if any, Rangers practices.

10. kreidertime

Zibanejad to me cares and will use this to get better in the playoffs. Hayes to me just doesn't have the killer instinct in the playoffs. His regular season was a ton better. Maybe give him one more year.; Girardi has actually been really good this playoffs. You might actually be able to trade him now. Huge disappointment in the playoffs have been Kreider, Hayes, Holden, Stepan and Miller. While Miller has hit a lot I expected him to generate a lot more offense. Nash has not disappointed me because I expect him to suck in the playoffs like he always does.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  11. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

My prediction is they lose 3-2 in OT, win 4-2 in MTL and lose 3-1 in game 6. If they can somehow get it to 7 i think they get it done.

12. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    No offense but I am not going to read too much into some homer chick from Montreal who has never seen one of the Rangers practices

If they come out flat again and play 2.75 periods again like yesterday this team is done

RangersFan likes this.
  13. RangersFan

That would be funny if they go 2-1 in Montreal, with the only L coming in OT after the Habs tied the game with 17 seconds left, and 0-3 at home.

As for AV, I am moving on. There will be TONS of time to discuss him and the player moves IF we lose this series. For now I will focus on a must win game 4 and hoping and praying they play with an actual pulse and some emotion (that is the low bar I have at home now).

If they do that and win game 4, it is a wide open series. If they are flat at home again, and lose in 5 games again, the AV thing will work itself out over the next couple of weeks. Still not sure he'd get fired, but at least it would put him on the hot seat and open up the possibility.

14. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Make a call to Sutter. Two stanley cups to his name and he knows how to build a cup winning team. AV is done here. His system is good enough in the regular season to make the playoffs and maybe win a round or two. Now it is stale as hell. He cant even win one round.

15. RangersFan

Maybe win a round or two...except the two times he won 3 rounds...;).

16. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Don't kill the messenger guys

17. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Except you're not just being a messenger. While delivering this "message" you used it as evidence to say "These players don't want to play for him anymore. It's simple as that. He's worn out his welcome."

Zipay laughed at this tweet and said practice was "business-like." This chick "reporter" is trying to get clicks and into Rangers fans heads, and looked like she succeeded on both counts.

As was said above lets see what happens tomorrow.

18. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

With Grabner leading the team in scoring with 2 points you can't give anyone a pat on the back offensively. Hayes has been good on faceoffs (59.6%) , Lindberg (60%), Zibanejad (49%), Miller (40%) and Stepan (37.5%) which is brutal because Derek's taken the most faceoffs. I have not been impressed with Zibanejad, he's 6'2" 215 lbs but plays like a total pussy on the ice and he's a free agent looking for a contract.

19. kreidertime

Again, where is AV's brain. Lindberg should be centering Stepan who should have been moved to wing a long time ago.

20. RangersFan

I agree on Lindberg. He is one guy I'd move up, or at least give him a couple of wingers who can make plays and score some goals. He deserves the opportunity, especially with everyone else playing without emotion.