Boston Buy or Sell

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by BALLAHOLLIC, Aug 18, 2006.

1. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Sell. Elton Brand still is, IMO.

Buy/Sell: Big Al will achieve his goal and average a double-double this year.

2. wolverine30

wolverine30 BBW Elite Member

buy. he looks like hes gonna start so I think he will get a double-double.buy or sell. boston celtics make the playoffs.

3. CelticBalla32

Buy. I think we have a nice young core alongside Pierce, a new look with the PG's (we actually have playmakers now), and I still feel there is a decent deal comming. I say 7th-8th seed.

Buy/Sell: Rondo turns out better than Banks.

4. wolverine30

Buy. Rondo has alot of potential. Banks is only fast and a good passer. Rondo will develop into a good defender and hopefully a better shooter.Buy or Sell? Perkins will start at center?

5. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wolverine30 @ Sep 7 2006, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Buy. Rondo has alot of potential. Banks is only fast and a good passer. Rondo will develop into a good defender and hopefully a better shooter.</div>
    Wolverine30, I have kept my cool with your posts. But I have to say it now - you need to take in some better basketball knowlege before you try and explain your rediculous answers.

Example: Marcus Banks is not a good passer. In fact, that's his biggest offensive weakness - not a true playmaker yet. He also is an excellent penetrator AND a tenacious defender. Rondo is all that plus the playmaking, but still. You obviously don't know what you are talknig about if you say Banks' only offensive talent is his passing? No, it's scoring off penetration.

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest, because the bulk of wolverine's posts are pointless 1-liners or posts with little NBA knowlege.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Buy or Sell? Perkins will start at center?</div>
    I thought it was Olowokandi? haha. Yes, Perk will start at center.

Buy/Sell: Big Al plays 24 (or more) mpg this year.

6. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

buy. that's not a stretch more than he has been playing, and if he really is making strides that shouldn't be out of reach.buy/sell: this has been going on for way too long (this thread).

7. wolverine30

Buy. Its the same people who are talking.CelticBalla32 its okay if you criticize me because thats how Im going to become a better poster so instead of getting mad at you for criticizing, I say thanks for being honest.

8. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

i wish everyone was that mature..

9. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wolverine30 @ Sep 7 2006, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Buy. Its the same people who are talking.

CelticBalla32 its okay if you criticize me because thats how Im going to become a better poster so instead of getting mad at you for criticizing, I say thanks for being honest.</div>
    Very suprising, I thought you might have lashed out at me. But sorry man, you just need to read things over more clearly, and try not to make 1-line posts. Then there wouldn't be a problem. Sorry I came at you the way I did, I didn't have a great day.

Buy/Sell: Green gets 15 mpg in preseason.

10. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

Easily. Maybe more. Buy.Buy/Sell: Tony Allen will average a career high ppg average this season.

11. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

buy for sure. i see this as his breakout year.buy/sell: we go .500 in the first month of the season.

12. CelticBalla32

Buy. 7 of our first 10 games are at home and we should get off to a decent start. Then I'm looking at the away games in November as well, they are Washington, Cleveland, New York, Milwaukee, and Charlotte. 3 of those are definitely winnable (New York, Charlotte, Milwaukee) and so is the Washington game. The Cleveland game is all theirs, most likely, but if you factor in 7 home games and 3 road games against sub-par teams - I think we will be .500 for the first month, maybe a little better. We SHOULD anyway...

Buy/Sell: We win our season opener at home vs. the Hornets.

13. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

buy. we seem to have their number lately, winning the last few games pretty eaily. The second game, Chris Paul was guarded VERY well.buy/sell: The Raptors will be the Cs biggest rival by the end of the year.

14. wolverine30

Buy and Sell. I think it will be the team that will contend for a playoff spot with the Celtics. (Raptors, 76ers, New Jersey)Buy or Sell. Celtics win the division.

15. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

sell. I say New Jersey wins it.buy/sell: Wally can't keep healthy and Tony Allen receives , for lack of a better work, alot of playing time this year.

16. CelticBalla32

Buy, if Wally can't stay healthy. If Wally goes down for a few weeks or so, then we will have to play real small ball. But TA is our best perimiter defender and combine that with a full summer/camp injury-free then I think TA is in position for a breakout year IF he can find the time. The problem is minute distribution, but yes if Wally goes down for a little while then TA will be the guy to step up.

Buy/Sell: Green goes for 20 points 3+ times this year.

17. wolverine30

Buy. No doubt about it. He can get 20 points during a blowout game and he can get those points because he will be playing against second unit players so he will take advantage and want the ball.Buy or Sell. Boston needs to go out and trade for a shooter.

18. CelticBalla32

Sell, we have Pierce, Delonte, and Wally for shooting. Plus Gerald can knock down shots, Telfair can when he's wide open, plus we have Allan Ray for insurance.

Buy/Sell: Perk grabs a career high in rebounds this year and grabs 20 one night (he had 19 once last year).

19. yankshater213

yankshater213 BBW Elite Member

Sell, 20 is a HUGE number, I'm not sure he can get that many. But I do expect him to eclipse double digits many times. Buy/Sell Perk and Al averaging a combined 25/20ish, give or take a few, per game

20. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

Buy.Celtics get Perks starting the WHOLE season