Boston vs Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Phi_Slamma_Jamma, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

Phi_Slamma_Jamma JBB JustBBall Member

Win could get us into the playoffs if the Suns lose. Lets hope cause the Suns play an easy team

2. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=230224002

the official ESPN Preview.

The Rockets have won the last four matchups against the celtics.

Boston (31-24)

Houston (29-26)

Houston is the 9th seed while the Celtics are the 4th seed in their respective Conferences.

Houston is 2-3 in their last 5
    Boston is 3-2 in their last 5

3. Thurgood

Thurgood JBB JustBBall Member

down 13 in the fourth =(

4. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

Rockets down by three in the fourth with less than 3 minutes remaining they mighht be able to win this game.

5. Thurgood

goin to overtime nice 4th quarter comeback

6. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

sorry i couldn't do updates tonight i was actually watching the game on NBATV. Those boston annoucers pissed me off more than Bill Walton.

Nice win for the Rockets going into a packed MSG tomarrow. Even better the suns lost. The rockets are the 8th seed again.

7. Thurgood

it must suck to watch a rockets game without bill and calvin

8. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Thurgood":</div><div class="quote_post">it must suck to watch a rockets game without bill and calvin</div>

Actually i have never heard the Rockets Broadcast team. Since i live in Montana i only get to watch the rockets when they are on NBATV , ESPN, TNT, or something like that

9. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

what a win for the rockets. this is the kind of win that can give the team the momentum to roll down the stretch and nail a playoff spot. bad news for laker fans.

as for the celtics, they laid a giant egg tonight. once they were up by 15 they just stopped playing and perhaps the rockets got a little lucky, but its gut check time for the green. theyre going to have to put this behind them and conccentrate on beating indiana if they want to be considered a serious threat to make a run at the top seed or two.

10. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

No doubt they laid an egg last night. but the rockets shouldn't even of had to come back. they were given oppurtunities all game long to take the lead and stick to the celts. they just couldn't put it together until late in the fourth.

The rockets have to play another game tonight. I am just hoping they can be energized enough to win tonight. Then they pay the MJ and the Wiz on thursday. That will end there long streak of games. They got a long break after that

I dont think laker fans have too worry about rockets too much. I think they are on a roll and wont be caught from behind by any team. Utah is next on there list.

11. olskoolfunktitude

no way in hell do the lakers get one of the top five spots.

this boston houston matchups have been interesting though. which team do you think is better?

12. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

Depends, If houston is do everything they need to do, i think houston is the better team. But houston had no right to win that game last night. They let boston shoot open shots all night. I was pissed. I was throwing stuff , cussing up a storm.

But good teams need to be able to come back and thats what they did last night.

Plus, the Suns lost. Thats like icing on the cake

13. olskoolfunktitude

yea. the celtics are the best comeback team in the league but they cant seem to hold a lead. the thing is theyre so inconsistant that we cant reallly be sure how good they are. at their best they look like they can beat anyone, at theyre worst they can lose by 50 to a tema that isnt even better than them like the wizards or the pistons.

Houston has a superstar in Francis and Cattino is getting to be a force himself. Once Yao reaches his potential they will have to find a way to get all three of those guys their share of shots

14. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The Celtics this year just havent been able to close out games this year. They get a huge lead and blow it. Great job by the Rockets to keep there composure and they walk out with a win.