OT Boycotting the NFL

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by dviss1, Aug 25, 2018.

1. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    No barf. They pissed people off, that was the intent, and as such it was the achievement. Regardless of what is said. If you wanted to achieve what is said, it would be logical to put forth an action plan to achieve that result.

2. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I will clarify your doubt. I see no question to answer.

3. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...ummm, yes it is...(for the second time post # 26)

...keep tap dancing.

dviss1 likes this.
  4. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...again, I doubt you will...the question has clearly been posed 3 different times now...and 3 times you have side stepped it...but hey, that's OK.

...and fyi...enjoy;

"According to the terms of their agreements, Germany was obliged to come to the aid of Japan if a third country attacked Japan, but not if Japan attacked a third country. Ribbentrop reminded Hitler of this, and pointed out that to declare war against the US would add to the number of enemies Germany was fighting against, but Hitler dismissed this concern as not being important, and, almost entirely without consultation, chose to declare war against the US, wanting to do so before, he thought, Roosevelt would declare war on Germany."

dviss1 likes this.
  5. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Ha!
    You really need to quit accepting affinity to perceived slights to your race.

6. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Glad you studied up on your history.
    The is no question to side step. You could ask one, and I may side step it. Perhaps not.

7. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

Actually, some folks might think that saluting or otherwise “respecting” a brightly colored piece of cloth “suggests a mental deficiency of epic proportions”. Some folks don’t need symbolism or jingoism to represent their beliefs, morals or ethics, and they (quite legitimately) struggle to understand the thinking of those who do. A lot of folks (especially in these current times) don’t feel their country respects them, or they don’t believe (with good reason) that this country currently deserves their respect. 360 million people means 360 million different viewpoints. There is no changing that. Respect has to be earned, whether by the individual or by the ”organization”. It can’t be demanded or expected “just because”. So far, the only “guaranteed fail” has been by the current “organization”.........

The Professional Fan and dviss1 like this.
  8. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

How the FUCK do you know what their intent is when you've NEVER bothered to have any conversations with them?

Ohh right... You were told this... Don't be a fucking Bot...

9. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

:chestbump:

10. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Actually UCD, I think you are correct in much of what you post above. However, what you post is also why we are disintegrating into separate tribes in stead of becoming Americans. I do not see that as a good thing, but I do see it happening.

If you protest and the result is to piss off your fellow Americans that have been Americans all along, then you are not likely to gain their support. Bad plan!

Do you remember, saluting the Ensign and requesting permission to come aboard? Perhaps you thought it mental deficient. I did not. I can even recall feeling really happy to be able to do it on that given day, after a job I felt proud to have participated in. More than once.

11. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Pretty damned easy. The results speaks loudly of the intent. Continuing to do the same speaks
    even louder of the intent.

12. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

I remember saluting the ensign very well. But......I did it because it was required and I wanted to insure that I was able to get a hot meal and a good night’s sleep in my bunk. But just because I thought saluting that piece of colored cloth was rather “over the top”, I respected my ship and my ship mates. I showed that respect by doing my job to the best of my ability and treating my ship mates as I wanted them to treat me. Saluting the flag on the stern meant nothing more than using a “secret handshake” in order to gain entry. Otherwise I’d have had to sleep on the pier. I swore an oath to defend my country when I enlisted and I upheld my end of the bargain for as long as I was in the Navy. The rest of what went along with it was just window dressing because those were the rules I agreed to abide by. I sold the government my time, not my soul......

The Professional Fan and dviss1 like this.
  13. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I know exactly how you felt. Although I never thought it over the top as that symbol did represent your team, not just your government. There were a few times where it the feeling of my team was very strong, and I was more than happy to be able to return.

14. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

One of your dumber posts...

I'll refer you to one of the more well known idioms:

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

15. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    A good start, continue.

16. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

What the fuck does this mean?

We have been Americans all along too.... we BUILT this fucking country...

17. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

There's no need. If you can't understand that you can't judge intent by the results of one's actions, I don't know where we go from there.

18. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Problem is, none of the protestors agree what their protest is about. Cops are evil, racism is everywhere, all minorities should be millionaires, capitalism is racist, employees shouldn't have to follow rules of the workplace...

When the myriad of answers are combined the basic impression is a few extremely-privileged minorities bitching that the middle-class Americans who idolized them and made them the wealthiest athletes in the world are uncaring racists and their country is a cesspool of evil.

It was a very stupid idea from the start, and only a bunch of morons would double-down and triple-down on it after it so obviously crashed and burned on takeoff.

It's the football equivalent of running the ball into the wrong end zone, and then doing it again, and again, and again...and expecting to win the game.

19. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

But it does represent the government. A government that has systematically been against black people. That flag has never represented all Americans.

Even when we fought in war but couldn't get the same GI bill as our white counterparts.

Strenuus likes this.
  20. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Where do you go in a conversation, when people lead it with idiotic shit like:

"all minorities should be millionaires"

:dunno:

You don't go into a convo with someone who would say something so idiotic. When you argue with a fool... Who's really the fool?