Brady finally a true Bostonian

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by Glenso1188, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Glenso1188

Glenso1188 nfl-*****s member

I'm not sure how many remember this but Bradys first press conference as a Patriot was after the first game he started in 2001 and when he came out for the interview he was wearing a yankees hat. Next day I read in the papers that his fellow players let him know that he cant wear that hat here. Since that day I have never seen him wear a yankees but also I've never seen him break out a red sox hat either. I may be wrong here, not sure if anyone has seen him in a sox hat before but tonight on one of those stupid little skits they do on ESPN Brady was wearing a sox hat. In my opinion showing any love for the yankees, even though it was only once was by far the bigget flaw he had. But now I accept him truly as one of us. Thank you Tom Brady for stepping over to the good guys in the baseball world.

2. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

Remember Brady is a Michigan man and his buddy and former Wolverine QB Drew Henson played for the Yankees. But I agree with you it was a bad PR move on his part. I'm sure he didn't even think about it until after the damage was done.

I'm pulling for you guys in the AFC. I loved those old helmets when I was a kid. Plunkett to Vataha!

3. Glenso1188

Glenso1188 nfl-*****s member

Well he grew up in the west coast in a town in california. But I didnt even think of the Michigan connection with Drew Henson on the yankees. Well the minor league team that is.