Breaking news: Ridnour to quit basketball

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Casual, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Luke Ridnour shocked the Seattle Supersonics today by announcing his intentions to leave the team and join up with the St. Louis Cardinals of Major League Baseball. Further details expected.</div>

[​IMG]

2. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

WTF!!!! LOL!!! Stop it!
    Post ur source bud!!!

3. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Is this a joke or for real?

4. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Carter Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Is this a joke or for real?</div>

Dunno about you, but I reckon it's real.

5. Shard

Shard Hi2u

Definitely real, it's been all over the local news and even ESPN.

6. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] You guys are terrible.

You think he might bat leadoff, maybe play in the middle infield? I'd be worried about his bruised fingers though, if I were you guys.

7. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

Can't believe some people haven't heard about this, maybe you should watch the news, they had a whole 2 hours dedicated to this story [​IMG]

8. Semmi

Semmi JBB JustBBall Member

Damn....when I saw that heading I was already dialing a cell phone number of Yotam Halperin.....but I think I'll wait a bit and see maybe Luke will change his mind...

9. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">After the shocking news of Luke Ridnour's departure yesterday, Sonics officials are scrambling to find out how and why this possibly could have happened. The Ridnour camp has been shut down, and so far no members of the press have been able to get in contact for an official statement. According to several players on the team, Ridnour walked out to an onslaught of screaming from coach Bob Hill and general manager Rick Sund, who were unsurprisingly shocked at their starting point guard's sudden resignation.

Ridnour, 25, had expressed displeasure at the end of the 2005-2006 season as his playing time was reduced after the arrival of fellow point guard Earl Watson, who was acquired in a trade with the Denver Nuggets. Recently, head coach Bob Hill has gone on record as saying Ridnour would be the starting point guard for the Sonics on opening day, but may have offended the former Oregon Duck by not naming him the starter on the first day of training camp.

Teammates of Ridnour were in noticable shock after his departure, and although training camp continued in his absence, the players looked distracted as they ran through drills.

Team captain Ray Allen refused to talk to reporters, saying only "Of course I'm upset. This is ridiculous."

When asked if Ridnour's decision was a surprise to the rest of the team, second-year center Johan Petro replied "Hell, yeah. Hell, yeah."

Shockingly, the St. Louis Cardinals, who are headed to the World Series after beating the New York Mets 3-1 in yesterday's Game 7 of the NLCS, have confirmed that Ridnour will be part of the active roster for the Fall Classic. Tony La Russa, the Cardinals head coach, claimed that Ridnour would be used primarily as a pinch hitter and pinch runner, but that if he performed well enough in that role "He may start one or two games in left field."

The situation has reminded many of Michael Jordan's pursuit of a baseball career after retiring in October of 1993, 13 years ago. The difference, of course, is that Jordan retired after winning his third NBA Finals trophy, while Ridnour's crowning achievement has been his invitation to tryouts for the US men's basketball team this summer. In addition, Jordan was forced to languish on a AA minor league team while Ridnour has jumped straight to the major leagues. Other two sport stars include Bo Jackson and Dieon Sanders, who both played professional football as well as major league baseball. The overlapping seasons of the NBA and MLB have prevented any would-be ironman from attempting to play both in the same year.

Nobody seems to have any idea of Ridnour's baseball pedigree, but it seems we will find out soon, as the Cardinals take on the Detroit Tigers in the World Series. Game 1 is scheduled for Saturday, October 21.</div>

The plot thickens...

Link

10. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

Luke is no one's pinch runner.

There is no secondary role for the Golden Boy. If he ain't starting, he ain't playing. Probably be his best shot of getting a ring though.

11. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

So it's official. Shiekazoid hates anyone French or Golden, and loves rednuts.

12. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

WTF, you serious he's going to play for the Cards in World Series after not playing all year? I can't believe this story for some reason....

13. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Time to get Lukie off the top of the forum.

14. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">J_Ray Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">WTF, you serious he's going to play for the Cards in World Series after not playing all year? I can't believe this story for some reason....</div>

Dude...im already taking a plane to go and get him to autograph my glove. [​IMG]

15. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

Can I get a forum restraining order from Shiek? He's all over my posts, I feel violated.

16. Krstic

Krstic JBB Formerly TheCh0sen0ne238

Thats Not Luke Ridonour Its David Eckstein

17. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

<div class="quote_poster">Casual Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Can I get a forum restraining order from Shiek? He's all over my posts, I feel violated.</div>

You sure you want to do that, fam? Our bickering has been the backbone of this forum.

...and without that Sir Dez would lose his title of JBB's best cheerleader.

18. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Iron Shiek Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    ...and without that Sir Dez would lose his title of JBB's best cheerleader.</div>

C'mon fam, you know I ain't got no punk in my heart towards you.

19. Shard

Shard Hi2u

<div class="quote_poster">Krstic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Thats Not Luke Ridonour Its David Eckstein</div>

No way, it may not be Luke Ridonour but it's definitely not David Eckstein. Who the hell is David Eckstein?

20. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Someone delete/edit Krstic's post...he doesn't know what he's talking about.