Breaking News

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Glenso1188, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

funny vegas odds had carolina 75-1
    odds to win it all, now its 6-1 odds.
    the patroits were 15-1 and now
    are the favorites to win it all.

2. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

hey glenso you remember super bowl XX how bout them bears they must have been over rated what happened in that game again maybe someone here remembers it was bears patriots right? i will look up score one sec . . . . .

searching

searching . . . .
    searching . . . .

46-10 bears win, well i guess we all know what would happen if the pats played bears in playoffs they would get crushed.

3. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Images of the Fridge dancing in my head, if you close your eyes, you can still see him going off tackle and into the endzone....or Steve Grogan running from Richard Dent, not successfully I might add....or Craig James being stopped in the backfield for a 2 yard loss, at the time that was the most lop-sided defeat in Super Bowl history, and quite the embarrassing moment for the Pats...

4. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

The Pats had no business being in the same stadium as the bears that year. As for you Bearsfan1 what did that have to do with being overrated. Not one person in their right mind has ever said that bears team was overrated. I understand your team is on tough times and you had nothing to say that was relevent to Glenso's comments about your 2001 13-3 bears team so I guess thats why you reached for that but it makes no senese. Nobody ever said they were overrated just the Jauron led Bears were.

5. Glenso1188

Glenso1188 nfl-*****s member

Yep they sure did get killed but no I dont remember super bowl XX. I've never seen the game except for that same highlight of fat man perry running in for a TD.

"46-10 bears win, well i guess we all know what would happen if the pats played bears in playoffs they would get crushed"

I dont think they would play each other in the playoffs considering the Bears are in the NFC but maybe the super bowl some day. But why should the Pats even bother showing up, they would get crushed because the teams are so similar to 85, right? I dont know why I would ever doubt your opinions again.

6. Bearsfan1

finally willing to admit defeat glenso i am glad to see that. and pats 37 what did his comments about my the 13-3 bears of a couple years ago have to do with the patriots being over-rated, you did not say anything to glenso about that??? hmm i guess NE fans in the site plan to stick together on this one on their soo to be sinking ship when maning punches more holes in thier defense then swiss cheese

7. Glenso1188

Well you need to understand something here BearsFan, when you called the Pats overrated, I came back with it means a lot coming from you because of your recent dealings with an overrated team which was your 2001 bears. They tie together and have relevance to one another. Where as your comments of super bowl XX didnt really tie into the current discussion.

8. Pats37

BearsFan1,

His comments about your 13-3 were relevent because they were actually overrated like you think the patriots are. Noone ever said teh 85 bears were and nobody would, at least in their right mind. He would have said something about this years team but obviously they weren't overrated.

9. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

Or rated at all for that matter![​IMG]

10. Pats37

4th,

I held that one back because I felt bad. I was going to say that. lol

11. Bearsfan1

I STAND BY WHAT I SAID. PATRIOTS ARE OVER-RATED, IF YOU WISH TO DISPUTE IT DONT MOCK BRING FORTH FACTS, I WILL GLADLY BRING FORTH MY OWN FACTS TO PROVE IT IF YOU BRING FORTH ONE BIT OF EVIDENCE TO DISPUTE IT. ok?

12. Glenso1188

First off, I'm very proud that you have located the Caps Lock button on your keyboard. Although it doesnt make your post any more meaningful, this may come as a surprise to you. I'm glad to you stand strongly by your comments of the Patriots being overrated, really thats great. But you've never said what exactly is overrated about them. Is it Brady? 13 game win streak? The Defense? Belichick? I havent heard one other person say they are overrated but you can probably get Zach Pillar to agree with you. Of course his comments came on the losing end of a 17-14 score so I dont know how much that really helps. My intentions were never to try to change your opinion because I really dont care if you think they are. Like I said before, I was simply stating it means a lot coming from you because of your recent dealings with an overrated team. Now if you didnt feel anything about that team was overrated well then sorry for offending you.

13. Bearsfan1

i do apologize for the caps, but i had typed it in before i realized i had done it, and i am a bears fan and am too lazy to re-type, in response i think the offense, specifically the running game is a HUGE(on purpose) weakness that is almost impossible to overcome, i think on defense that billick scheme makes up for shortcomings in talent, which is lacking in abundance, and a good game plan will expose this.

14. Glenso1188

Our running game is a weakness but who's overrating it? They obviously do enough in the running game to chalk up the W. If Billick is making our defensive schemes then Belichick deserves to be fired. I know Billick has a good 3-4 defense in Baltimore but I thought he was a former offensive coordinator for the Vikings. What do you hear every week, its all about Belichick and Romeo and how great there scheme is. I dont think I've heard anyone rave about the talent on defense which in my opinion is not lacking but thats not the point. For the most part, when players on the defensive side of the ball are talked about its basically about there ability to run Belichicks scheme not there pure talent or anything of that sorts. 3 probowlers from the defensive side which should be 4 including Harrison isnt bad either though.