Brennan Othmann 16th Pick

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Stepupstepan, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Potential Power forward. Good or bad pick?

2. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

I don't get this pick at all. He is a LW. We already have LFA, Panarin and Kreider at LW. This guy is not a 3rd line guy, WTF? Panarin is locked in for years and LFA is last year selection. There were 4 good centers available to pick from. WTF is Drury doing?

3. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

ESPN guys including Gorton ironically all said he plays with an edge , in your face type player.

4. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Terrible pick with centers that were there plus a stud goalie wallstedt . Drury looks
    Like a Buffon with this pick. 18 and 165lbs. Yeah, nice enforcer. Drury is lost

5. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

I don't get why they did not pick a center. Looks like Drury wants a team of grinders mixed with some skill guys.

6. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

A C would've seemed likely but this kid won't be ready for 3y so who knows what the roster looks like then. Kreider will be nearing the end of his deal. Their forward group in the minors overall is pretty weak so this will help either way. I actually thought they might surprise and take Wallstedt.

7. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

He compares himself to Matt Tkachuk and Kyle Connor so we'll go with that. I like this pick.

8. panzerporter

It's easy living being an armchair GM but I'm guessing he was the guy Drury wanted. and he fits the plan Drury laid out in his press conference with Gallant on adding grit. Reading his scouting report he's much better (and bigger) than you're making him out to be Mel.

9. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

• What the hell is wrong with you people calling this a bad pick. You have no idea what you’re talking about. You keep making it seem like we have all these wings for the future and it’s not true. Three years from now Kreider is going to be old. Panarin Will be in his 30s. I have no faith in Kravtsov. This is another player who is not a pansy candy ass like the rest of the guys Gorton drafted. As far as taking the goalie you’re out of your mind. Never wasting a first round pick on a goalie.

10. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

One scouting report on him. In case you missed most of the retards on our team don't shoot well. Don't hit the net. Have no clue how to get open for a shot. Our fans better wake the fuck up. The euro pussy era is over here. The pansy AV days are gone. There wasn't even close to a center at that spot I'd rather have over this kid. The Rangers can easily trade for a young center if they desire. They have a lot of prospects teams covet.

"Othmann has an outstanding arsenal of shots. It is amongst the best in this draft class. His wrist shot and snapshot are both powerful and accurate. He can also get them off very quickly with an excellent release. His quick hands help him to change angles on the release and fools goaltenders. Othmann also has an excellent slap shot and one-timer. He has a real knack for getting open without the puck, leaving himself able to take a pass and fire it on the net. He also does a good job of driving the net both with and without the net. Othmann is dangerous in tight, with his quick hands and good hand-eye coordination. He can pounce on rebounds, one-time short passes, and get deflections."

11. panzerporter

The fact that he went over to play in a Swiss league against seasoned pros and more than held his own stood out to me over the other centers taken after him. I hate making comparisons to established NHL pros but Tkachuk type player was what I got from the report