Brian grant shake it till you make it gala

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by dviss1, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Spud147

Spud147 Mercy Mercy

Only the top halves, the bottom halves are covered by grass skirts and no one knows what's really underneath.

Don't worry though, you can still be a Blazer fan. We don't require that you wear pants to post on the board. In fact I've heard Sly doesn't even own a pair and regularly posts wearing only his fur.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  2. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Yes... I tend to think so... :happy: She's a Naturapathic Doctor. She teaches at NCNM and at PSU. She also does research. I'm tryna marry up! :ghoti:

SlyPokerDog, Further and riverman like this.
  3. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Thanks guys. I had an AWESOME time. I saw them auction off over $275K right in front of me. I'd never seen so much money spent at one time...

4. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    Awesome and hopefully congrats! What kind of research?

5. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Dviss is a ref so I'm guessing flopping.

6. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I am a huge BG fan. He is one of my favorite Blazers of all time, and I will always remember him taking the time to stop and sign an autograph for me after he had just finished a tough workout while he was rehabbing back from an injury. The guy was a solid pro and he is a great human being.

With that said, I disagree that he was unceremoniously traded away. He wanted max money. The Blazers didn't want to give him max money because we had Sheed/Sabas starting. The Heat were willing to give him max money, so we did a three-way trade that signed Grant to max money and brought back Kemp from Cleveland. It was a huge gamble by Bob, and it didn't work out, but if Kemp HAD been able to get back in shape it would have gone down as a huge trade for us. It was a calculated risk, but Grant was gone either way. We weren't going to max him out. He wasn't a max player, which was proven by the fact that he really never lived up to the contract.

In Miami after signing that massive contract he averaged:

15 points and 9 boards his first season
    9 points and 8 boards his second season
    10 points and 10 boards his third season
    8 points and 7 boards his fourth season

Then he was traded to the Lakers and he averaged 4 points and 4 boards to finish out his 86 million dollar deal. This website actually lists him as one of the 25 worst contracts in NBA history.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/11/worst-contracts-in-nba-history/brian-grant

dviss1 and SlyPokerDog like this.
  7. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Right now she's doing a study on the effects of changing the eating habits of people with Pre-Diabetes to a whole grain diet.

8. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    Great. I was pre-diabetic before losing 100+ pounds, now I'm totally healthy. I didn't specifically go whole grain, but I did greatly reduce the carbs I ate, and the remaining carbs I try to go whole grain when possible.

dviss1 likes this.
  9. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed
    Love Brian Grant. Great athlete and an even better person. NBA players today can learn a lot from him.

riverman, dviss1 and SlyPokerDog like this.
  10. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

THIS!!

They even have cooking classes. It's a really great and useful study. I'm so proud of the work she does.
    Her next study (in the funding process) are the effects of group acupuncture for pain management in under served communities. She's being met with resistance from the Cadillac Acupuncture community though. They want to continue to provide their services at a premium (under served communities aren't even their market share) and not let companies like Working Class Acupuncture be allowed in the study.

11. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    Money money money, always seems to be the motive for denying needed research or community betterment. Hope she, and her research group, are able to secure the funding required. Pain management in some other eay than opiates needs to take hold, the way things are people are losing their lives.

dviss1 likes this.