Browns eyeing AJ Green, Patrick Peterson or DL

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by Sex Panther, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    Read More

2. Sex Panther

Ask.
    I have absolutely fallen for the idea of the Browns getting Patrick Peterson. He and Joe Haden would automatically form one of the best young CB tandems in the league. That's two future all-pro CBs right there.

I was hard on Haden last year but he's really improved throughout the year and he's just as good as McCourty minus some of the hype. Despite the fact he only started 7 games, he really started shutting down his side of the field and despite the Browns' pressing needs at DL or WR, there's always free agency to address those needs.

One rule many stupid GMs do is drafting need over BPA. You ALWAYS draft best player available in the first round. Peterson is easily the best player in this draft, and I could see him falling at #6 if even one (two would be better) QB is taken ahead of him. Many sources from the Browns front office have said they want Peterson (hell, even competing CB Joe Haden), and it wouldn't make sense for them not to take him.

It really is quite a conundrum when thinking about the Browns' "needs". Their defensive line is weak and their secondary wasn't all too great seeing as how we have glaring holes at FS and the other corner. Great secondaries buy the DLine time and vice versa, they need each other. There's not one player who can plug all the holes with one pick. Thats why you take BPA.

Priority should be:

1. Patrick Peterson
    2. AJ Green
    3. Nick Fairley

(assuming all --doubt it-- three players drop to the #6)

3. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

If you get A J Green you will like him! Saw him play a lot being an SEC and Bama fan. He is the real deal.

4. Sex Panther

Ask.
    You're an Alabama fan trueblue!? Damn, we can't be friends anymore.

and I like AJ Green too, he's like a poor man's Randy Moss (not as fast). But I think i'd put Peterson ahead of him on my bigboard.

By the way TBF, how would you compare Julio Jones to AJ Green? Ever since the combine, Julio's stock skyrocketed from late 1st rounder to top 13.