Buchnevic to STL

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by strudwickisthebest, Jul 23, 2021.

1. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

For Blais and a 2nd rd pick

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Hate to see Buch go as he was coming into his own and had a good camraderie with the guys, but this saves some $$ and gives them another 4th line option for a few years, plus an extra pick to dangle.

Greyvtrayn likes this.
  3. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Ugh. Will have to see what the Rangers do for the rest of the off-season but, on paper this is a bad deal for the Rangers.

4. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

This is a terrible deal unless they use that pick in another trade for a center. Other than that, this doesn’t do much. Could’ve held him until the deadline and gotten a better deal for him

5. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

In a vacuum it's not a great trade value-wise in my opinion. Blais will be a very nice player for us on the 4th line and PK, and was on the cup team. We'll like him. And it's always good to have extra top picks. But feels like we could have found more given the development of Buch's 200 ft game, and his age and RFA status. This tells me Drury's main goal was to shed salary and open up top 6 wing ice time. If this helps us fit in the right C upgrade, and we didn't need to use Buch as part of that deal to get it done which I thought would be the case, it'll be easier to swallow.

Good luck Buch, go get paid and do your thing out there. As I've said before, for awhile he was the only forward prospect we had to be excited about and it's been great watching him develop.

Ranger71 likes this.
  6. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this deal is a head scratcher and would have expected them to get more for buch. Now I’m nervous for what drury might give up in an Eichel deal especially since supposedly no team has seen his medical records on that neck.

7. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

Move that had to be made. We all know this means a big shoe will drop soon at C, no doubt.

2nd, solid grit player, and extra cap space for big C. Seems like a good move to me.

Ranger71 likes this.
  8. Ranger71

Drury is definately zoning in on Eichel. Tonight maybe they do that Strome deal with #15 for Ottawa's #10.

NYR Fan likes this.
  9. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

At first glance I’m not impressed with the deal. We don’t need more picks and Buch was one of our best offensive players last season. That said, Blaise is same age and another big body to help toughen us up and saves cap space.
    To really judge will need to see the full picture and see where it all ends this summer. I would expect other moves are to follow.

10. NYR Fan

Exactly, this is a bigger picture move. When the Rangers add a big C with the cap space saved from Buch, what then? Judging in the 2nd inning makes no sense.

11. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Not too familiar witu Blaise but with his points totals each season no way he’s a second liner.

12. Ranger71

Blais helps them shape the 4th line for the next 5 years, and it wouldn't surprise me if they send a 1st and 2nd in the big deal they likely make.

13. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Yes agreed it had to happen, and I do like Blais in our bottom 6. Just thought the return would have taken a different direction.

14. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Agree. A suspect return for Buchnevich even though he's a soft pussy. It's a strong message on many levels. One, a message that Gallant and Druy thought Quinn was an incompetent idiot developing Kakko and Lafreniere which some of us here said for a long, long, time. Second, the euro pussy era is over for this team. Teams with tons of euro pussies don't win cups. Fact. The Federov's, Kucherov's, Ovechkin's are far and few between. Third, the team is going to rely on it's top 2 lines to win games with offense and when they don't score they are going to try and grind out games 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 like the old Rangers used to do. People fall in love with offense. However, if you look at Tampa and how they won their cups in the biggest games, they won them 1-0, 2-1 and it was often guys like Goodrow and Blais who made the difference.

15. Ranger71

Guess StL is looking to replace Tarasenko, or trying and mend fences by bringing in another Russian player to be around.

16. NYR Fan

2nd round pick we received from the Blues, not a 2nd line player. He's a 4th line guy. Again this is a means to an end. We need to judge when full picture is in place.

17. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

Horrible deal. I think this is the worst deal Rangers ever made. Buchnevich is a productive player who played in all situations. This is a horrible return. It had to include 1st pick, not the second. I had full confidence in Drury, and I didn't mind Gorton firing, but this is not good.

18. Ranger71

My prediction on an Eichel offer if they feel satisfied medically is 1st, 2nd, Chytil, Robertson, Jones. Maybe Buffalo sends back a midround pick too.

NYR Fan likes this.
  19. kreidertime

It also sends a strong message to millions of retards in our fan base. Most of which are on HF and a few on OTG who have been in love with euro pussies forever. They don't win cups. You can have a handful of euros buy as Messier said you better have guys that can win in the alleys.

20. kreidertime

You're on drugs. They are not trading Robertson. Forget it.