Buchnevic to STL

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by strudwickisthebest, Jul 23, 2021.

1. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

Dump, I agree with you. But still, this return for Buch is a suspect, just like you put it yourself. Buchnevich should have been a first round pick in 2013. If you look at the redraft results 5 years later, meaning in 2018, https://www.nhl.com/news/mackinnon-remains-top-pick-in-2013-redraft/c-299071996, Buchnevich is 21st and if we redraft today, he is easily top 15 after having a breakout season last season.

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

The only reason Buchpussy put up points was because he played with Zibanejad and when the euro pussy shit worked they had games but they piled up a lot of points. Like I said in eight games versus the Islanders this year he had no points in seven of them

3. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

Worst trade ever...LOL.

4. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

I like Buch too, would have kept him over Strome but bottom line is Buch doesn't have grit and the top 2 lines are crowded. Drury continues to do what he said he was going to do.

5. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Not picking on you, I swear but that is total bullshit. Buch was one of the few forwards this season who DID play with some grit. You even saw some of that come out towards the end of the shortened 2019-2020 season.

6. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

agree he tried to play with grit and give back some physicality, but it’s not his build and style. It was like watching Mr. Burns trying to get physical. He’d just get pushed away.

7. panzerporter

Lol Buch has grit - maybe compared to Meeka. Maybe in his teeth after having his face rubbed in the ice. Don't worry Grevy I don't sweat guys who think they're picking on me.

8. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

I like Blais game and he is perfect for the 4th line.

9. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

There's some of that grit the Rangers were missing....

10. kreidertime

In the last 24 games of the season throwing out the very last game when Boston basically didn't try, Buchnevich had 6 G 8 A. In 25 games this season he had no points. It's laughable people call this guy a first or second line wing. No, he's not. Those players are consistent. The last 20 games of the season throwing out the last Boston game, Zibanejad had 21 points. That's the difference. Doing the same thing with Lafreniere aas Zibanejad, he had 10 points. He's 18. Kakko had 10 points. He's 20. Chytil had 11 points down the stretch. He' 21. Point being that those 2 kids got less icetime than Buchnevich who is 26 and had almost as much production down the stretch. When the team needed Buchnevich the most down the stretch he played like a 3rd liner. That's what he does. He vanishes against physical, top defensive teams.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  11. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Funny how this thread turned into shitting on buch the minute he got out of town. The return was pretty suspect but he wasn’t worth the money he would be asking next year. He is 50 to 60 points guy. I like Blais and Goodrow on the bottom six.

12. kreidertime

I've been shitting on Buchnevich for years. Sorry, but when you are in the NHL and sit on the bench sulking like a bitch when you aren't scoring with this dumbass look on your face, I want nothing to do with you. That's not what winners do. I still can remember that loser sulking on the bench.

13. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

That’s true dude. You haven’t been a fan of his since he got here. Kakko also has that sulking look on his face when he doesn’t do well.

14. kreidertime

Yeah but he's growing up. His defensive game was tremendous this year as was his skating. If retard Quinn had him on RW on the first PP unit one timing the puck instead of useless Strome he would have had at least 8 to 15 more points.

15. panzerporter

Buch was going to get a salary in the $5 mil range and as I wrote before I would have kept Buch over Strome but what's done is done. Drury is the first Rangers GM in a long time to lay out a plan for fans and execute it. I think we all tend to overvalue players on the team we root for, Blais was most likely the best available offer to Drury who still has several assets left. I hope they stay away from Eichel, the C I wanted from Buff was just traded to the Panthers.

16. kreidertime

Buchpussy has no grit to his game. Swinging his stick and taking penalties is not grit. Gritty players don’t sit on the bench sulking when they can’t score. Gritty players don’t play their rival the Islanders and have no points in 7 games. Gritty players actually throw a big check and cause turnovers which he has no clue how to do. Face reality. He’s a puss. I can tolerate Panarin and Zibanejad because they can win games with offense on a regular basis. However I wouldn’t count on them in playoffs to dominate. I don’t know how anybody can look at a pussy like Buchnevich compared to the forwards the Rangers had in the Lundqvist cup runs and think he has grit.

17. kreidertime

I had my issues with fat Dubinsky, lazy Stepan and greedy Callahan but those guys before they got paid had more grit in the tip of their peckers than Buchpussy has in his entire body. It goes to show you just how fucking clueless our fan base is that they now think a guy like Buchpussy is gritty. Go back and watch the playoff games versus the capitals in overtime to see what grit is. Our fanbase has been completely brainwashed with euro pussy play.

18. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

I don't think anyone is upset for trading Buch. I agree that he had to go. What most Ranger fans have a problem with is the return that we go for him. I don't care what the market was for Buch, we lost that trade 100%.

19. kreidertime

Have to see what Blais does. Plus what the pick does next year. That pick could be used to trade up in the first round. Or find another Cuylle type. Our 3rd and 4th lines have been an fn embarrassment the past 2 years. We got butt fucked by the Islanders the last 3 games. It was embarrassing. Buchnevich was useless as tits on a bull those 3 games. Almost all games vs. physcial teams. I have to see what Blais does and what that pick does before I rip that trade. St. Louis IMO will suck next year. So that second rounder should be high. People need to remember that Buchpussy was a RFA who is going to ask for 5 to 6 years at 6 to 7 million. That lowers his trade value a lot. The league was watching when the Lightning gave up first rounders for Coleman and Goodrow and won 2 cups in a row. I think pretty much all the teams in the NHL don't think Buchpussy is playoff player and nor should they. So, I'm not sure a first rounder was on the table. I thought it would be but the NHL seems to be going old school with the playoffs again. Europussies other than the rare few like Kucherov are no longer in demand.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    Ranger71 likes this.
  20. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

If St. Louis gave them a 1st then they may not have been willing to move Blais, who the Rangers probably were targeting since he's young and also has experience. They could always trade up from that 2nd next year if needed.