Buchnevic to STL

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by strudwickisthebest, Jul 23, 2021.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Yep. I think soft euros like Buchpussy are on the shit list for GM's. Teams pay attention. The Islanders with all their grinders. Tampa adding role players. Vegas. Montreal. St. Louis when they won it. GM's are focusing less on meaningless regular season point totals and more on guys that can win in the alleys like Messier talked about.

2. kreidertime

In the last three games vs. the Islanders when the season was on the line Zibanjead, Panarin and Buchpussy had a combined 0 points and were a -14. That's the first thing I would adress with Zibanejad and Panarin if I was Gallant. I would watch those three games and basically tell those 2 players their compete level was non existent and their leadership sucked.

3. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

I'm a little bummed they traded him...he had a good rapport with Zib and Kreider but with the younger and up and coming players on the team he was a piece that could have been traded. What 2009 said is completely correct...the return was less than expected but, I guess that was the market for him. Oh well. No sense worrying about it, let's see what the Rangers do with it. The off season has only just begun!

4. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Apparently Panarin and Shest are upset with the trade but they will have to get over it. I think something else which may have factored into this deal was Buch and Shesterkin were maybe 'out and about' too much and Drury wanted to avoid future problems off the ice. Not that this was necessarily a huge factor but i wouldn't be surprised if it played into it.

5. kreidertime

Panarin should shut the fuck up and concentrate on why he had 0 points in the last three huge games vs. the Islanders. As far as Shesterkin goes. He's proven jack shit so far. He's played 57 games in the NHL. If that is true it's exactly why this team got butt fucked by the Islanders and isn't making the playoffs. This isn't a social club. You are paid to try and win championships.

Stepupstepan likes this.
  6. kreidertime

Signed extension 4 years, 5.8 million with Blues. No thanks. Basically 6 million for a soft player. The Flyers defense continues to get worse. Ristolanien who blows and now signing Yandle who is a joke defensively. Zibanejad might have 10 points vs. them next year in a game.

7. Greyvtrayn

4 yrs $23.2m for Buch....thats a lot of dough. almost $6m/yr.

8. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Speaking of new contracts. 35-year-old Ovechkin signed a new 5-year deal worth 47.5. I know it's Ovechkin but basically, they gave him a retirement paycheck.

9. Greyvtrayn

Until he stops putting up 40+ goals a year.....

10. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Good for Buch, great that Drury was able to get something for him, no way the Rangers could pay that money. Yandle is exactly the type of dman AV drools over.