Bulls 87 @ Cavaliers 111

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by jbbKing James, Mar 15, 2004.

1. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

The Bulls have got us out of our rythm offensively in our previous meetings, but we are flowing well at present. Lets just keep jumping out of the gate well, with the rejuvinated bench keeping the role going!

2. West Remy

West Remy JBB JustBBall Member

People talk about Crawford but I am more worried about Curry. Last time the Cavs and Bulls met, Curry and the other big men were drawing fouls left and right on Cleveland's front court. If they get Big Z in foul trouble and force him to sit large portions of the game, there will be trouble.

3. KarmaCav

With the Bulls hurt by injuries we can really stop there scoring big time. Hinrich, Crawford and Curry are all talented scorers. But at the other positions we can really clamp down on them. There starting forwards, Antonio Davis and Linton Johnson can be stopped. Backing them up is Kendall Gill, who has been big in a couple of games against us, and Chandler. If we keep Chandler off the offensive boards, his output is minimal.

So if their 4 man forward rotation is unproductive it puts plenty of pressure on the young guns to fire. Performing under pressure hasn't been seen in Chicago in some time now.

4. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

I am really pumped for this game fellas. I won't lie, I demand to see a blowout. We are at home, the city is buzzing, and again, we can't lose the season series to the Bulls.

Crawford was the man last time in the Gund, hope J-Mac is ready to lock him up.

5. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

7 in a row man. Believe me it better be 7 in a row.

6. KarmaCav

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">I am really pumped for this game fellas. I won't lie, I demand to see a blowout. We are at home, the city is buzzing, and again, we can't lose the season series to the Bulls.

Crawford was the man last time in the Gund, hope J-Mac is ready to lock him up.</div>
    Lets hope McInnis steps up and says I want to guard Crawford, unlike his last outburst when he showed his disgust to Silas. We should expect a 10+ win.

7. CBBI

CBBI JBB JustBBall Member

This team has a LEGIT shot at finishing .500 this season and games like this ARE NOT the kinds of games we can play lax and without focus.

We have to come out sharp and not give up a ton of offensive boards and open outside looks.

8. polarbear

polarbear JBB JustBBall Member

we need to win all 3 this week, but this is the 1 we need to win most. if we lose tomorrow, the win over indiana may as well not have happened. this is a must win because we have utah coming in this week, fighting for the playoffs, and detroit on sunday. if you dont think detroit wants a piece of our hind end, you didnt see the last game at the palace. cavs realize this, and will drop the hammer on a just plain awful chicago team. they have a core of young talent, but show no signs of steady improvement, and the outlook on their future cannot be called optimistic.

9. CBBI

I really think we can beat Chicago and Utah at home, neither are particularly good on the road.

Now if we beat Detroit.... holy crap.... I will be convinced of anything.

10. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Last 10 Games
    Cleveland: 8-2 (Won 6)
    Chicago: 2-8 (Lost 6)</div>

This sums up this game and a loss would be inexcusable.

11. Amherstcavsfan

Amherstcavsfan JBB JustBBall Member

plus if we lose, we could drop in the playoff race, if we drop in the playoff race because we lose to the freakin BULLS...i would be a very unhappy guy

12. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

Cavs is going to win, hopefully! 7 in a row, that's the next step, then 8 in a row, then, lets see what the future is going to bring.
    Cavs by 7.

13. CBBI

I won't make a score prediction..... lets just say Cavs win.

[​IMG]

14. Glen Infante

Im really hoping for 5th seed here as everyone else. So we wouldn't have to face Detroit in the 1st round. We just need to keep winning. Everything seems to be falling onto our laps at the moment and we need to win as many games as possible at home. Chicago better not be a threat. IMO McInnis should be taking Spock this game b/c he just dogged LeBron during the last meeting.

15. CBBI

McInnis held Crawford in check.... sigh.... its a doubled edged sword....

Who can LeBron keep up with the best, and which one will burn us the least if Bron leaves him open?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to get Milwaukee or New Orleans in the first round.... Jersey would kill us.... Detroit is playing some SCARY good defense right now and Indy would be veyr hard to be 4 times outta 7.

16. Glen Infante

Crawford is a real streaky shooter tho. Im sure LeBron will do a decent job on him. We just need somone quick on Spock. McInnis SHOULD be the man to do that.

17. jbbKing James

Cavaliers feeling Bullish

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Chicago rookie Hinrich outperformed James

Nobody wants a piece of the Cavaliers these days, except maybe the NBA's worst team.

The list of quashed demons is growing at Gund Arena, the latest burial being an eight-game losing streak to the Indiana Pacers, which was shed neatly Sunday.

Then there's those pesky Chicago Bulls, who are cruising toward the No. 1 pick in the draft if the Cavaliers can stay out of their way. The Bulls, who visit tonight as combatant No. 2 in a five-game homestand, have taken two of three meetings with the Cavaliers this season.

The most recent loss to Chicago, which has a league-worst 18-48 mark, was two weeks ago. In response, Cavaliers coach Paul Silas took the surprising step of giving his players the next day off instead of calling them in to rehash it.

It was a 92-81 whipping at the United Center in which the Bulls not only outplayed but outclassed the Cavaliers. It struck a chord because the Cavaliers haven't lost since, ripping off six in a row.

Silas doesn't expect a problem tonight, especially when one loss could send the Cavaliers from sixth in the Eastern Conference standings to the outside looking in.

``I don't think I have to say anything to the team about it. They all understand where we are at,'' Silas said after practice Monday. ``Hopefully it will be a different story this time.''
    </div>

Full Story

18. tankster

tankster JBB JustBBall Member

The Bulls have lost six straight and the Cavs have won six straight since they got the win over us at the first of the month. One thing is for sure........Somebody is going to break their string tonight!!......................Tank

19. jbbKing James

For wary Cavs, there's no time for any Bull

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> There's a familiar feeling surrounding the Cavaliers as they enter tonight's home game against Chicago.

Familiar, but not pleasant.

The Cavs, currently on a six-game winning streak, had won four out of five when they played in Chicago on March 1.

"We were on a roll and we went into Chicago and they blew us out," Carlos Boozer said Monday. "So we're looking forward to [tonight's] game."

Two weeks ago, the Cavs arrived at the United Center after an overtime victory in Orlando. Chicago was supposed to be nothing more than a pit stop, but the Cavs were blown away by 11 points.

"We have that in mind," said Zydrunas Ilgauskas. "They kicked our butts last time and there's no reason why they won't do it again if we come out flat. You can't take anyone for granted. We're playing good right now and we have to attack and just play our game. It's a big game for us."
    </div>

Full Story

20. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I think the Cavs should win this one, I take the Cavs by 8+...and James has a big game, they cant let Hinrich get hot.