Bulls reporter: Jimmy Butler has ‘collosal ego,’ hangs with Mark Wahlberg

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Apr 17, 2016.

1. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Sam Smith knew that his objectivity would be suspect when he took the Bulls.com gig. This said, most management critics also believe that KC Johnson is also an org mouthpiece. And to be fair, though I find Joe Cowley entertaining, I firmly believe that his long-standing animus towards Reinsdorf colors most of what he writes about the team.

Bottom line is that grains of salt are cheap and should be used liberally.

2. kukoc4ever

kukoc4ever Let's win a ring! Staff Member Moderator

Cowley is also one of the rare media members in town who does not care about what Uncle Jerry thinks about him.

KC reports the leaks the Bulls Org wants out there. But he's at least a journalist. Joe Cowley isn't going to be getting any leaks from management, so he reports on what the players and player agents and other league sources tell him that would piss GarPax off. Its like a yin and yang thing with Cowley and KC. Cowley served the same purpose in the great Guillen / William fued with the White Sox back in the day. He would report on what the Guillen clan wanted out there. Uncle Jerry of course doesn't tolerate not being in control of the media so Cowley gets demonized.

Sam Smith is another story all together. He's a Bulls employee. You will likely not see him reporting on the items I mentioned in the previous post. Its kind of disgusting that he gets propped up as some kind of journalist at this point given that position. I'm sure its a nice steady paycheck in Sam's golden years, but jeez, its still pretty disgusting, IMO. But, as we have seen with Pip and Horace becoming team ambassadors, a steady paycheck can work wonders in influencing behavior.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  3. _GB

_GB Bulls Fan Staff Member Moderator

The point being that you view each piece of info through the prism it's delivered through.

It's always been this way in Chicago. With the Bears, and with the Emanuel administration too.

4. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

That is pretty much my take on the matter as well.