Bulls To Sign Isaiah Canaan

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Jul 12, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

2. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Here's your midget backup PG.

3. truebluefan

Boy, we like our small pgs...lol

4. pduh

pduh New Member

I actually like this pick up because he is on a good contract, he is young, and the one thing he is really good at is he shoots lot of threes in a good rate he will help out spread out the defense. Solid pick up

5. bulls_with_booz

bulls_with_booz We're Selfish

This is a lowkey steal. Could be very serviceable as a consistent three point shooter.

pduh likes this.
  6. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

1). Welcome to the board. Nice to have you here. It's been.......sometime since we last conversed.

2). The more I think about the signing the more I think he's going to get a lot of minutes. He's the only guy on our roster that can both guard PG's and hit threes. His output is modest, but he has a three year track record of playing in the NBA, which is more than you can say about anyone else who might play the position. I think there are going to be quite a few moments this season where we're reliant on him in the second unit.

At the moment I'm not confident Grant or Dinwiddie are genuine NBA players.

pduh likes this.
  7. truebluefan

Yes he can shoot the 3 and guard other teams pgs. I was mistaking when I thought he was a point guard. He is a small combo guard in the mold of Ben Gordon and Nate Robinson.

Gar said we wanted to get younger. We did I am glad we got him over Hinrich...

pduh likes this.
  8. pduh

pduh New Member

Thanks for the welcome...Isiah Cannon kinda remind me of Ben Gordon both who are undersize(I view him more of a undersize two guard than a point guard.) both can score in bunch when they get hot, and both were good three point shooter.

I might take some seasons for Grant to develop I think he will be a good player in the NBA I remember I wanted the Bulls to draft him last year he is kinda a project so it may take him some season, and as for Dinwiddle I like for him to stick around in the league he could use a role similar to like Moore almost. If Dinwiddle can find his jumpshot that will be benefit I remember he use to be a good shooter in college.

9. pduh

pduh New Member

Yeah Cannon does kinda remind me of Ben Gordon in that sense. People were complaining that we didn't get young when we sign Wade, and Rondo yes they are in their 30s but in a hindsight beside them when you look at the roster we are a young team especially the bench players we did get younger.

Funny story is before the Wade signing and after the reports of Rondo sign with the Bulls that I was joking that on twitter the Bulls should bring Kirk Hinrich back he and Rondo as teammates will be entertainment lol.

10. bullsger

bullsger Moderator Staff Member Moderator