Bulls Vs. Blazers Game Thread - 3/16/12 - 5pm

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by HailBlazers, Mar 16, 2012.

1. RoyToy

RoyToy Clown Town

And knowing that he's struggled he made it a point to have a good game last time they played and put up 33pts

Gerald was the one that guarded him the most anyways like you said. He's gone now obviously.

2. noknobs

noknobs Well-Known Member

The team USA coaches are having one hell of a week.

3. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

I agree. I expected us to make a serious run, especially with the shortened season and our roster. I've said that several times. But I'd be shocked at this point. But a strong finish, a decent pick, plus a lotto pick, and salary cap flexibility sure sounds a whole helluva lot better than a terrible finish, two lottos, and cap room.

4. BLAZINGGIANTS

1 game out of how many. Look it up. Durant has struggled against Portland than most any other team. And he's even admitted it.

5. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

Teams seem to always win their first game with a new coach. Portland looked like a totally different team tonight. How long with this last? Caleb seems like a much more laid back coach who is not going to ride people or make them feel nervous about making mistakes. Just like someone who is there to give advice....

6. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

Ah you mean like a teacher or a "coach?"

7. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Among other things, Kaleb trusts his players and lets them play through mistakes. That's very empowering and will pay real dividends.

8. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

I mentioned this a few times tonight, but did you see the positive reinforcement from Kaleb? High fives after every substitution. Tiger esque fist pumps after defensive stops. Awesome outlook for Kaleb, especially after the drab, uninspiring stuff from Nate.

9. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    I never wanted Nate. I accepted the players needed his discipline when he first got here, but I never felt good about his coaching or as much joy watching the team as I should have. I think Kaleb is going to be a real breath of fresh air and exactly the kind of coach the players need. I already feel much better watching the game(s) than I have in years.

10. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

It is just one night - but it is an awfully nice night!

BoBoBREWSKI likes this.
  11. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

ITS A GREAT DAY TO BE A BLAZER!
    Feels good!

12. BLAZINGGIANTS

Did I miss it? I haven't gone back through the thread yet, but are people giving Nolan some props, or what?

13. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

Nolan was good.

Definitely looked like an NBA PG tonight, and if he gets more time he might really improve.

14. blue32

blue32 Who wants a mustache ride?

Color me impressed..... wow.

15. BLAZINGGIANTS

Well thats a change from blue...

16. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    Nice game tonight.

17. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

I was only focused on 4 players tonight Batum, Nolan, Wes and Babbitt (LMA I know what he brings) because they are the ones that could be back.

Nolan is progressing. Makes mistakes as expected, but the guy hits an open 3 with ease. (It looks effortless)

I like Babbitt when he plays under control, when he gets in the lane he has some nice moves, he is not just a 3 pt shooter. I wish our bigs all threw an outlet pass as quickly as he does.

Wes still looks awkward off the dribble,but at least the 3 pt shot has returned the last two games.

I have felt that Camby and Wallace disrupted the flow on our offense. You can blame some of it on Nate if you like, but getting back to having 4 shooters out there at once with LMA opens it up much more. We all wanted Wallace out on the floor, but it hurt us IMO

18. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Just got back from having a couple celebration beers! Crazy emotional day! Nate was in the lobby saying goodbyes and good luck to everybody around 11AM here at the hotel before the team went to shoot around, not pre game like Freeman reported. Kaleb was out on the court running drills with the players at 4:30 just like always. After the game on the bus ride back to the hotel he was smiling ear to ear! Couldn't happen to a better guy! Want the best pick in the draft this summer, but that win felt great!

19. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    It's amazing how just one game can me feel better about the team. I gotta admit I had no enthusiasm at all about logging in to NBA.com this morning, knowing that Felton would be playing (and I never will forgive him for showing up out of shape this season, which for me has been the greatest factor in Blazers' problems).
    But it's great to see all the players happy; hopefully they can build on this. I hope Canales can get them on the same page on team defense. Has anyone noticed how effective Kurt Thomas is on the pick and roll defense; he actually jumps out far enough to make the dribbler pick up his dribble or else back away enough so both defenders can get back to defend guys their same size. Now, is he doing this on his own; or are they all supposed to be doing it? Anyway team defense would be the next thing I would work on if I was the coach.
    Hope we can win some games and that some guys can get their confidence back.