Bulls Vs. Warriors 2/9

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by iLL PiLL, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

We won! Playoffs baby!

2. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Oh yeah -- this is a playoff roster for sure -- If Powell can start averaging 20/10 and Harrington can start getting 15 boards 4 blocks per game...

3. Custodianrules2

You know the definition of the word "facetious", right?

It's okay because I don't either. [​IMG]

4. AlleyOop

You think I'm being facetious? I mean, c'mon, CR2, we have all the right pieces -- If Foyle emerges as legit dominant inside force, if Powell becomes 20/10 player, if Harrington loses 20 pounds, adds 10 inches to his vert, and becomes a shot-blocking, rebounding machine, if Barnes and Pietrus become turnover-free, if JRich and Baron come back 100%, if POB becomes MVP of NBDL with 30/10/5, I mean the recipe is there, we have all the ingredients, it's just time to get into the kitchen....

If the Warriors do the types of things necessary in order to go ahead and put themselves in a position where they can do the types of things they are capable of doing in order to give themselves a chance to win basketball games, I think they will have a chance to go ahead and do some things this year...

5. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

I called it, 33 pts instead of 37 pts. Not bad. The power of positive thinking...

6. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Lol, I may just stop watching the games. J_Ray and I have discovered that I am bad luck and the team is better when I stop watching. Tonight at the very end of the 3rd Q when the Warriors were down 10 with 2 FTs coming up for the Bulls he told me to stop watching, and I did, and we made an amazing comeback. I watched the last minute or so of OT and we still won amazingly but this is seriously crazy how every time I stop watching they make a run.

Its crazy that we actually outrebounded them, Biedrins had 10, Barnes had 12, Pietrus and Foyle had 6 each. Harrington had 9 rebounds and is averaging 8.6 rpg in the last 7 games. We had the advantage in most statistical categories except FG%. Monta had a very good game with 16 pts, 7 ast, 1 TO and Jackson had 23 pts, 8 assists, 2 TO, great job of distributing in Baron's absence.

7. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You think I'm being facetious? I mean, c'mon, CR2, we have all the right pieces -- If Foyle emerges as legit dominant inside force, if Powell becomes 20/10 player, if Harrington loses 20 pounds, adds 10 inches to his vert, and becomes a shot-blocking, rebounding machine, if Barnes and Pietrus become turnover-free, if JRich and Baron come back 100%, if POB becomes MVP of NBDL with 30/10/5, I mean the recipe is there, we have all the ingredients, it's just time to get into the kitchen....

If the Warriors do the types of things necessary in order to go ahead and put themselves in a position where they can do the types of things they are capable of doing in order to give themselves a chance to win basketball games, I think they will have a chance to go ahead and do some things this year...</div>

Rick Barry has taken over AO's computer. C'mon Rick Barry, give the keyboard back to my friend!

8. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I called it, 33 pts instead of 37 pts. Not bad. The power of positive thinking...</div>

Nice! But I thought 37 pts scored in the 4th would be more positive thinking than just guessing 33 pts. [​IMG]

9. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

Lets hope this starts a run before all star break, there are tons of teams trying to get that 8th spot now.

10. AlleyOop

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Rick Barry has taken over AO's computer. C'mon Rick Barry, give the keyboard back to my friend!</div>

Hey -- it's simple! Defense wins championships. If these guys can come out and do the types of things necessary on the offensive end of the basketball court and the defensive end of the basketball court, I'm willing to bet my house and car that they will go ahead and put themselves in a position where they will have a chance to be successful at what is they're trying to do in terms of doing the things necessary in order to give themselves a chance to find success on the court.

11. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Run BJM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Lol, I may just stop watching the games. J_Ray and I have discovered that I am bad luck and the team is better when I stop watching. Tonight at the very end of the 3rd Q when the Warriors were down 10 with 2 FTs coming up for the Bulls he told me to stop watching, and I did, and we made an amazing comeback. I watched the last minute or so of OT and we still won amazingly but this is seriously crazy how every time I stop watching they make a run.

Its crazy that we actually outrebounded them, Biedrins had 10, Barnes had 12, Pietrus and Foyle had 6 each. Harrington had 9 rebounds and is averaging 8.6 rpg in the last 7 games. We had the advantage in most statistical categories except FG%. Monta had a very good game with 16 pts, 7 ast, 1 TO and Jackson had 23 pts, 8 assists, 2 TO, great job of distributing in Baron's absence.</div>

I used to think that too about myself, but the games I didn't see recently were massacres. Thank goodness.

Chicago is just a bad road team (like us), but with a good overall record.

12. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Hey -- it's simple! Defense wins championships. If these guys can come out and do the types of things necessary on the offensive end of the basketball court and the defensive end of the basketball court, I'm willing to bet my house and car that they will go ahead and put themselves in a position where they will have a chance to be successful at what is they're trying to do in terms of doing the things necessary in order to give themselves a chance to find success on the court.</div>

If I could just watch the warriors and do the types of things patient basketball fans do that's necessary to keep their sanity during losing streaks and uncertainty about this team's longterm road plan, I'd be willing to bet that I wouldn't get my blood pressure up so high and put myself in a position where I'm going to have to go to the hospital to get some kind of treatment where they prescribe me some blood pressure medication I gotta pick up at some lameass pharmacy, just so I can watch the game normally without blowing another protruding blood vessel located on the middle of my forehead, because I get so flustered about this team going on losing streaks.

13. AlleyOop

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Lets hope this starts a run before all star break, there are tons of teams trying to get that 8th spot now.</div>

Agreed. This team is weird. They torch Indy by 20, then lay an egg in what may have been the biggest road game of the year against Minny, and now they come home and stave off one of the best in the East? Who is this team? REally it comes down to Monta and Beans having so much heart, SJax finding his rythm, and Harrington being blessed with the outside shot.

If Harrington's outside shot isn't falling, it's not good. That's one dangerous thing about this team right now. AL is not afraid to jack 25 shots up, no matter how many have fallen. He was a big key again tonight, because he was raining fire in the first half.

This team is %500, no more no less. When it works, it's good. When it doesn't work, it's obvious how bad they can be. Right now this team is a coin flip, and you can NEVER rely on them to bring one thing every night. the only player I have learned to rely on every game is Biedrins. This is a second year player who has been forced to hold down the fort for a small-ball team, sometimes against TWO opposing bigs, and what...he's the ONLY player to play EVERY game this year, has held up against injury, hasn't backed down, and has gotten better each and every game. This kid is the MVP of the team, guys. He brings 10 and 9 EVERY night, as well as 2 or 3 blocks, and most importantly the BEST FG% in the league! And..... NO MISTAKES. Have you noticed that Beans hardly EVER makes a mistake? No turnovers, no bad passes, no bobbling the ball, just solid gold every time the ball gets anywhere near him.

He should be most improved player of the league. And MVP of this team.

14. Custodianrules2

Biedrins did miss an easy putback, but damn he sure did great on the offensive glass and blocking shots!!! If our interior defense wasn't so soft at the 4, I bet Biedrins could stay on his feet more rather than having to protect the rim all the time. Somebody get Harrington out of the PF position, please!!

I'll take Beans and Powell if it means better interior D (and better rebounding too). Maybe call up POB and we finally get a backup F/C in the mold of a Mark Blount, and we get Foyle to play some backup minutes and slide Harrington to the 3.

15. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    The only player I have learned to rely on every game is Biedrins. This is a second year player who has been forced to hold down the fort for a small-ball team</div>

I thought he was a 3rd year? Otherwise he would have been in the rook vs soph game with Ellis.

16. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I thought he was a 3rd year? Otherwise he would have been in the rook vs soph game with Ellis.</div>

It is his 3rd year even though hes only 20 or 21 years old.

17. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

Haha, damn. I turned off the game and went to bed. It's been a bad day overall, but this cheers me up. I woke up and told myself that the warriors came back and won, and they did.

18. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Gohn Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Haha, damn. I turned off the game and went to bed. It's been a bad day overall, but this cheers me up. I woke up and told myself that the warriors came back and won, and they did.</div>

Ah man that's too bad... wait.. maybe it's when you watch the warriors they lose, not Run BJM. [​IMG]

Who we playing next I wonder? Okay now to go to the warriors website and try to avoid their annoying frontpage promos... like the "Arbor Day Special Weekend Pack, buy two FREE tickets for the price of four, it's a Great Time Out!"

It's a scam I tell you.

19. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Ah man that's too bad... wait.. maybe it's when you watch the warriors they lose, not Run BJM. [​IMG]
    </div>
    Hah, I was about to make that same comment to you, when the W's beat Indiana.

But I wish that were true, because I've only been able to watch about 20 games this season since I'm not in the bay area right now. That should make them at least 35-16.

--
    Hawks are coming up on Sunday. I think the Hawks are a pretty good team.

20. AlleyOop

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I thought he was a 3rd year? Otherwise he would have been in the rook vs soph game with Ellis.</div>

oops