Bun B - II Trill

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MKIV_Supra, May 27, 2008.

1. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

Here it is. My most anticipated album of the year. It surpassed Lil' Jon's Crunk Rock by a mile since it hasn't even been given a solid release date (or haven't heard yet). After the death of UGK's Pimp C, Bun B has released his second solo album. His first was Trill, a solid and underrated album IMO. I hope he picks up where he left off. Now onto some of the tracks:

1. II Trill (Feat. Z-Ro & J Prince) - Great intro and sets a tone for the album.

2. That's Gangsta (Feat. Sean Kingston) - Not a huge fan of JR Rotem and Sean Kingston but it's passable more than a filler. But he does give his definition of a gangsta.

3. Damn I'm Cold (Feat. Lil' Wayne) - From the beginning, I was amazed by the production from Chops since I've never heard of it and Lil' Wayne does a pretty decent job even though he's overrated.

4. You're Everything (Feat. Rick Ross, David Banner, 8Ball & MJG) - Definitely the definitive track of the whole album. If it wasn't for the hook and chorus, you wouldn't know this song is gangsta. It's a shame there isn't an instrumental for this beat. I'm not sure but it sounds like K-Ci & Jojo for some reason or it's probably a sound clip of one of their songs. Can anyone confirm this?

5. I Luv That - Club banger, enough said.

6. Swang On 'Em (Feat. Lupe Fiasco) - I was swept by Lupe's verse and I'm diggin' the screwed voice during the chorus.

7. My Block (Feat. Jazzy Pha) - Filler IMO, I don't really like it.

8. Get 'Cha Issue - Track that talks about his view on crooked cops, etc. Political.

9. Pop It 4 Pimp (Feat. Juvenile & Webbie) - HORRIBLE TRACK, skip.

10. Good II Me (Feat. Mya) - I like how Mya is doing her thing along with Bun. It also has a catchy beat. Love the guitar solo at the end.

11. Underground Thang (Feat. Chamillionaire & Pimp C) - Decent track even though it features the late Pimp C, it was probably added to include him. Makes you think of what it was like before his death.

12. If I Die II Night (Feat. Lyfe Jennings & Young Buck) - Great song with Lyfe on the chorus and Buck with his verse.

13. Another Soldier (Feat. Cobe & Mddl Fngz) - I like the beat but I haven't heard this song enough to make an evaluation yet.

14. If It Was Up II Me (Feat. Junior Reid) - Passable...

15. Trill Talk

16. Angel In The Sky (Feat. Lil' Razah) - An amazing track where Bun talks about his relationship with Pimp C and makes me think of what if he wasn't a rapper. Definetly a must hear!

17. II Trill Talk

18. Keep It 100 - Another track produced by Chops and it's great. Has the same amount of energy as the intro. Great one to end off on.

Overall, it's a great album especially for a sophmore effort. Some tracks should be removed because are fillers. I haven't heard tracks 15 and 17 because it's probably him talking. Pimp C would be proud. I remember reading that the syrup talk would be banned from this album but I have heard some references to it, so it was probably reduced to a minimum.

Anyways, I give this album 8 out of 10. Definetely has some replay value and is worth a listen even if you aren't a UGK fan. But a must listen for those who are.

2. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

Swag on em

love that joint