Butler for Kwame?

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by stkf, Jul 12, 2005.

1. stkf

stkf BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"Sources involved with the discussions say that the Wizards are talking to the Los Angeles Lakers about a sign-and-trade deal in which forward Kwame Brown, the top pick in the 2001 NBA draft, would go to the Lakers in exchange for swingman Caron Butler."
    </div>

Link

2. og15

og15 JBB *********

You know I'm not sure if it's good for the Wizards, while Kwame has been a problem, and not really a player I'd say I can trust, the Wizards need a low post scorer, not another perimeter scorer. Kwame has had a lot of problems this year, but if he gets his head straight, he's a capable 15+ points, 9+ rebounds PF/C, which wuld help the Wizards a lot more than another swingan scoring 16-18 PPG.

For the Lakers i'ts a meduim risk, high reward move. They lose Butler, but they also get Kwame who if he pans out can help them a lot, and they have Odom moving back to his more natural SF position, which would also help them.

3. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

Low post scorer....Sweetney is available [​IMG]

4. undefined_playa

undefined_playa JBB JustBBall Member

Like one of the articles has said, if they pull off the deal if would make the blockbuster trade for shaq look even more sad.

5. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Butler would be a nice player to get for Kwame Brown but if I were the Wizards I would much rather trade Kwame to NY for Sweetney plus fillers and just sign Marko Jaric as a free agent to help Arenas out with the point guard duties. Take a look at the new lineup:

PG - Gilbert Arenas
    SG - Marko Jaric
    SF - Antawn Jamison
    PF - Michael Sweetney
    C - Brendan Haywood

I see the Wiz back contending for the East again after the loss of Hughes.

6. King James X3

King James X3 JBB JustBBall Member

Umm...ok? I don't really understand this deal for Washington. I understand getting rid of Kwame Brown, I don't understand aquiring Caron Butler when you have Antawn Jamison though. I don't want to see Jamison playing Power Foward anymore, and Caron Butler is too good to be benched any longer. Perhaps this deal could work if they decide to move Jamison and get some more size on that roster.

The loss of Larry Hughes hurts, Juan Dixon should be resigned now in my opinion.

7. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I don't want Jamison playing PF again, that is the problem.

I kind of like this deal, but more from L.A.'s perspective, remember, I'm a fan of both teams.

Caron will help replace Larry Hughes, he is capable of playing the 2, he did it for the Lakers when the Lakers lost Kobe Bryant for the last month or so of the season.

8. og15

og15 JBB *********

Caron is capable of playing the 2, but definately not ideal for playing the SG position. I'd rather trade Kwame for a player that can score inside, and play PF as opposed to a swingman.

9. VinKanaddy

VinKanaddy JBB JustBBall Member

As I posted on the Raptors forum, what if you trade Kwame and a second round pick or a filler for Morris Peterson and Donyell Marshall in a sign-and-trade? That would address both your needs for a starting 2 and a 4. This move also allows the Wizards to use the MLE on players like Antonio Daniels, whereas if Marshall is signed as a FA using the MLE, you wouldn't be able to sign anyone else.

For the Raptors, this trade makes sense because we get a centre who needs a change of scenery to blossom and we also get a 2nd round pick for the future, and Babcock is quite good at finding diamonds in the rough.

Personally, this trade makes more sense than the one with the Lakers because you get Morris Peterson who is much better suited to playing the SG than Caron Butler and you also get Donyell Marshall who will likely start and allow Antawn Jamison to move down to his natural position in SF.

10. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

much better trade overall than the Lakers trade. Though i'm biased i guess. I think the Mo-Pete Donyell makes more sense only because i highly doubt Donyell will sign for the MLE. He's worth more than that and should find himself getting a few mid 6's to 7mill per year contracts.

I like it from the Raps point of view too

11. VinKanaddy

Well, according to the realgm.com wiretap Kwame Brown for Caron Butler & Chucky Atkins deal is finalized.

12. Mamba

Caron and Atkins or George for Kwame Brown.

Kwame Brown will sign a two year contrat with a team option for the third year.

13. og15

og15 JBB *********

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I don't like the trade. I would've rather done the one rumoured with the Raptors, where the Wizards recieve Peterson and Marshall. It gives the team 2 great three point threats, and fills 2 positions of need.

I like this deal for the Lakers, but not so much for the Wizards. The Lakers now need a PG if Atkins is taken, Vujacic is still not a starter.

14. LebronKINGJames

LebronKINGJames JBB JustBBall Member

These are all nice ideas but alot of them are crazy, i dont think the wizards will sign jaric or sweetney. I think Kwame is probably going to stay in washington(i hope he doesnt) there are soo many trade rumors and stuff going on, who knows what going to happen.

15. LebronKINGJames

LebronKINGJames JBB JustBBall Member

besides it was only a discussion

16. Mamba

The trade has been agreed to already in principle...they are just waiting for July 22nd to roll around now...

17. us0r

us0r JBB JustBBall Member

18. VinKanaddy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting LebronKINGJames:</div><div class="quote_post">These are all nice ideas but alot of them are crazy, i dont think the wizards will sign jaric or sweetney. I think Kwame is probably going to stay in washington(i hope he doesnt) there are soo many trade rumors and stuff going on, who knows what going to happen.</div>

Err... Sign Sweetney? How? Last time I checked he's still under contract with the Knicks. You can't sign Jaric because you'll most likely spend the MLE on Marshall after this trade. You need to learn to read man.. I and a couple of others clearly stated above that the deal with the Lakers has been agreed upon by both parties.

19. Bodiddly14

Bodiddly14 JBB JustBBall Member

Im not sure if I like this trade for the lakers either...Now you have a guy whose been in the league for three years and really hasn't improved at all and a rookie that is soft to play center..(If Vlade retired) and dont forget Mihm and Grant lol...Im not sure what the EITHER team accomplishes with this really...Jamison doesnt need to move back to PF so Butler can start....Atkins would be great backing-up arenas! <----The only upside for either team.

20. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bodiddly14:</div><div class="quote_post">Im not sure if I like this trade for the lakers either...Now you have a guy whose been in the league for three years and really hasn't improved at all and a rookie that is soft to play center..(If Vlade retired) and dont forget Mihm and Grant lol...Im not sure what the EITHER team accomplishes with this really...Jamison doesnt need to move back to PF so Butler can start....Atkins would be great backing-up arenas! <----The only upside for either team.</div>

Do not talk about Kwame Brown if you haven't followed him since he's been in the leauge, please...you really don't sound smart.