Butler for Kwame?

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by stkf, Jul 12, 2005.

1. legendisdope

legendisdope JBB JustBBall Member

Its a good deal, Kwame is a bust..And Caron Butler is someone Id take over Kwame anyday, You guys need him to play the SG position for Hughes..I think Caron can average 20 ppg.

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

The Wizards are getting a great player in Caron Butler, and he is going to a situation where he can break out and become a potential All-Star. Trading size for a smaller player usually puts a team at a dis-advantage, but the Wizards have the depth to get away with trading Kwame Brown.

I thought the best deal for them was actually the Raptor deal for Mo Pete and Marshall. They fill two needs and Mo Pete is a better shooter than Butler. Marshall can start at PF right away, and Jamison slides to SF. However, I'm sure in the back of the Wizards mind was 'what if.' What if, Kwame Brown wakes up and becomes a dominant player. The Wizards would much rather have him in the Western Conference, instead of having to be reminded four times a year and possibly in the playoffs, of how Kwame could turn out.

The Wizards will definitely benefit from this trade because they had to replace Hughes, and Butler is a nice replacement. Adding Chucky Atkins is a bonus, because he is a quality backup player and can drain the long ball. His defense is terrible, but with Steven Blake constantly banged up, the Wizards will have insurance with Chucky. I'm sure the Wizards will also play some small ball with Arenas-Chucky-Butler-Jamison-Haywood on the floor at the same time. Arenas is big enough to guard most SGs in the league allowing Chucky to play SG on offense.

For the Lakers, it's a huge risk and this trade could easily backfire on them.

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I just remembered an incident last year in the Laker locker room between Caron Butler and Chuck Atkins. Apparently, they came to blows after Atkins complained to the media about the team. After his teammates got wind of his comments, Caron Butler confronted Chucky and wailed on him. I'm sure it was a 'heat of the moment' situation, but something to keep an eye on since they will be teammates again.

4. White Cocoa

White Cocoa JBB JustBBall Member

Good for Wizards terrible for Lakers.

5. hungi1115

hungi1115 JBB JustBBall Member

kucake is a f***en dumbass. trading bulter for a freaking unproven pf...

6. og15

og15 JBB *********

I don't know why so many people are getting angry? Don't you understand what this does for the Lakers? If Kwame doesn't get injured and get's at least 30 MPG, it's basically guranteed that he'll give you 10-12 points [depending on his attempts], 7-8 rebounds, and pretty good man to man [not help] post defense. If he goes on the improvement path we expected this previous season, likely better numbers.

It's not like he's some total bust, he can play, he'll be productive, it's just how productive that is the question.

7. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

I think this is a good move. The Lakers are not too cramped up in the SF position and Odom can move to the 3. The Lakers lacking any real PF will utilize Brown and Turiaf alot. This is good for Laker team IMO. I have faith that he (BROWN) will do well under Jacksons system. Sometimes it just takes a new environment and coach to flourish.....

And regardless of the situation, the Lakers had to go bigger. Since Shaq left there has not been any real big man on the team. Now we have Turaif who recently signed and Kwame Brown.

This upcoming season is going to be fun for us Laker fans.

8. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Most Laker fans are ignorant to Kwame og15 because they are blinded by the media's portrait of him. There is nothing you can do to stop their ignorance, you have to live with it. When Kwame proves them wrong, they'll look idiotic, but it's ok...life's tough like that.

9. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

This deal would be great for the Wizards if they can now sign a decent power forward such as Donyell Marshall. Right now they have Jamison playing power forward which he proved doesn't work out too well. They sign Marshall, move Butler to the two guard, and Jamison back to the three, I can see some playoff madness coming soon. If they don't sign Marshall then they would have to move Hayes to the starting lineup, Butler at the three, and Jamison at the four, which wouldn't work out because of Jamison's lack of playing the four ability.