Bynum is better than Shaq

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by notmuchgame, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Brand New

Brand New so wavy

Taken from somebody who has never seen Bynum play, I rather not say anything.I agree with Brian in saying that Oden hasn't prove a damn thing and to already put him in with Howard is pretty dumb to say the least.

2. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

so if Bynum and Oden were in the same draft, you guys would take Bynum?

3. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (o.iatlhawksfan @ Dec 26 2007, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>so if Bynum and Oden were in the same draft, you guys would take Bynum?</div>

Depends on how well Bynum did in college. Would he have been as great as Oden? All speculation. At this point, I'd take Bynum based on what he's done this season and what Odens doing right now. [​IMG]

4. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

If there was a draft right now, between Bynum and Oden, then yes I'd choose Bynum. Again, Oden has not proven anything in the league, and for you to call Bynum overrated and then for you to rank Oden with Dwight Howard is kind of ridiculous

5. Brand New

Brand New so wavy

Yeah, this would have depend on how Bynum played in college.But I would still taken Bynum over Oden.

6. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

I'm holding both of you to that.

7. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

If Bynum and Aaron Gray were in the same draft, which one would you guys choose?

8. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

If Bynum and Yinka Dare are in the same draft, who would you take?

9. Really Lost One

^Just curious what Aaron Gray or Yinka Dare have to do with this thread

10. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

Oden just came off leading his team to the NCAA finals game, where he completely dominated 3 lottery picks( one who has a legit chance of winning ROY), and a 19 year old big man with his blocking instinct don't come along often.

than you compare his measurements to Dwight

Dwight 6'11 7'4 wingspan 9'4 reach

Oden 7'0 7'4 wingspan 9'4 reach

11. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 26 2007, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^Just curious what Aaron Gray or Yinka Dare have to do with this thread</div>
    Everything.

12. Really Lost One

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (o.iatlhawksfan @ Dec 26 2007, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Oden just came off leading his team to the NCAA finals game, where he completely dominated 3 lottery picks( one who has a legit chance of winning ROY), and a 19 year old big man with his blocking instinct don't come along often.

than you compare his measurements to Dwight

Dwight 6'11 7'4 wingspan 9'4 reach

Oden 7'0 7'4 wingspan 9'4 reach</div>
    And this makes him the same level as Dwight Howard because? [​IMG]

A lot of people dominate the NCAA and struggle in the NBA. I'm not saying Oden won't be better than Bynum, but let's hold off judgement before we even see him play one game. Bynum has already proven he can play in this league, while Oden has not (although you can't blame him, he's injured). Before we go comparing him to Dwight Howard, one of the best centers in the league, at least wait for him to play one NBA game. I think Oden is a great talent, and I do believe he will have a successful career in the league, but you can't rank him ahead of Bynum at this point.

"19 year old big man with his blocking instinct don't come along often."

^ Bynum has great blocking instincts as well, look at his stats. Same with Sean Williams, who didn't even go in the lottery

13. Really Lost One

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MyNetsForLife @ Dec 26 2007, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 26 2007, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^Just curious what Aaron Gray or Yinka Dare have to do with this thread</div>
    Everything.
    </div>
    Wasn't Aaron Gray a second round pick? And wasn't Yinka Dare a bust? I don't see why this is even relevant...

14. Brand New

Brand New so wavy

I don't know what Aaron Gray or Yinka Dare have to do with this thread either...

As for the comparasion between Howard and Oden, just look at Kwame Brown Height 6 ft 11 in (2.11 m), Weight 270 lb (122 kg), I know it will be dumb to compare Kwame with any of those two players but body measurements don't really matter.

15. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

First off, Yinka Dare was so explosive around the basket. Second, when he played his best, he was better than some of the best big men of all time.

16. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MyNetsForLife @ Dec 26 2007, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>First off, Yinka Dare was so explosive around the basket. Second, when he played his best, he was better than some of the best big men of all time.</div>

That quote never gets old

17. cpawfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 26 2007, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MyNetsForLife @ Dec 26 2007, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 26 2007, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^Just curious what Aaron Gray or Yinka Dare have to do with this thread</div>
    Everything.
    </div>
    Wasn't Aaron Gray a second round pick? And wasn't Yinka Dare a bust? I don't see why this is even relevant...
    </div>

A poster compared Aaron Gray to Tim Duncan
    Yinka Dare compared himself to Shaq

It is sarcasm to point out what is thought of the over the top praise Bynum is receiving in this forum.

18. Brand New

Brand New so wavy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Dec 26 2007, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 26 2007, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MyNetsForLife @ Dec 26 2007, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 26 2007, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^Just curious what Aaron Gray or Yinka Dare have to do with this thread</div>
    Everything.
    </div>
    </div>

A poster compared Aaron Gray to Tim Duncan
    Yinka Dare compared himself to Shaq

It is sarcasm to point out what is thought of the over the top praise Bynum is receiving in this forum.
    </div>
    Its not sarcasm. [​IMG]

19. Really Lost One

I don't see how it's over the top praise. So we can't be excited about the play of our young players? Last I checked, you Net fans are extremely excited about Sean Williams as well. I don't go onto your forum to post sarcastic remarks about him, do I?

And for the record, I don't see any problem with what I said. Bynum has already proven he can play in the league, Oden has not. Again, that doesn't mean Oden won't be better than Bynum one day, it's just that he hasn't proven he can play yet in the NBA because he is injured. I don't really see what I was wrong about, but maybe you can tell me?

20. cpawfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bynumite @ Dec 26 2007, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Its not sarcasm. [​IMG]</div>

What isn't sarcasm?