Bynum is better than Shaq

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by notmuchgame, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Brand New

Brand New so wavy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>It is sarcasm to point out what is thought of the over the top praise Bynum is receiving in this forum.</div>

That^

2. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 26 2007, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't see how it's over the top praise. So we can't be excited about the play of our young players? Last I checked, you Net fans are extremely excited about Sean Williams as well. I don't go onto your forum to post sarcastic remarks about him, do I?

And for the record, I don't see any problem with what I said. Bynum has already proven he can play in the league, Oden has not. Again, that doesn't mean Oden won't be better than Bynum one day, it's just that he hasn't proven he can play yet in the NBA because he is injured. I don't really see what I was wrong about, but maybe you can tell me?</div>

To be fair, there are Nets fans and Raptors fans that make sarcastic comments about the Sean Williams hype.

Saying that if you were picking a player for the future of your favorite team that you would pick Bynum over Oden is something I find very over the top. Bynum is a player that wasn't even dominate in HS, but has responded well to good coaching. He has demonstrated no ability to be a game changing defensive player.

The biggest knock on Oden is that he had microfracture surgery. Kenyon Martin has demonstrated this season that a player can return 1 year after the surgery and have no loss of explosion, leaping ability or lateral movement. (Actually, Kenyon's explosion and leaping ability are better than they have been in a few years) I'll take the game changing defensive player every time.

3. Brand New

Brand New so wavy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 26 2007, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't see how it's over the top praise. So we can't be excited about the play of our young players? Last I checked, you Net fans are extremely excited about Sean Williams as well. I don't go onto your forum to post sarcastic remarks about him, do I?</div>
    Yeah, I found that interesting how, they come to the Laker forum and post there sarcastic remarks.

4. cpawfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bynumite @ Dec 26 2007, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>It is sarcasm to point out what is thought of the over the top praise Bynum is receiving in this forum.</div>

That^
    </div>

Yes it is sarcasm. The comparisons to Aaron Gray and Yinka were sarcasm.

5. cpawfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bynumite @ Dec 26 2007, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 26 2007, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't see how it's over the top praise. So we can't be excited about the play of our young players? Last I checked, you Net fans are extremely excited about Sean Williams as well. I don't go onto your forum to post sarcastic remarks about him, do I?</div>
    Yeah, I found that interesting how, they come to the Laker forum and post there sarcastic remarks.
    </div>

Some people attempt to visit all of the active threads site wide and others prefer to stay in their smaller community.

6. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Dec 26 2007, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>To be fair, there are Nets fans and Raptors fans that make sarcastic comments about the Sean Williams hype.

Saying that if you were picking a player for the future of your favorite team that you would pick Bynum over Oden is something I find very over the top. Bynum is a player that wasn't even dominate in HS, but has responded well to good coaching. He has demonstrated no ability to be a game changing defensive player.

The biggest knock on Oden is that he had microfracture surgery. Kenyon Martin has demonstrated this season that a player can return 1 year after the surgery and have no loss of explosion, leaping ability or lateral movement. (Actually, Kenyon's explosion and leaping ability are better than they have been in a few years) I'll take the game changing defensive player every time.</div>
    I don't see what the big deal is. Bynum is only 20 years old, he's averaging a double double and 2 blocks, and has been extremely impressive this season. He has shown solid improvement each and every year he has been in the league. He has Kobe Bryant, the same guy who wanted him gone, praising him about his work ethic. The coaching staff is extremely high on him, and KAJ has said Bynum hasn't even tapped into his full potential. Not to mention the fact that Bynum has not gotten injured ever since he came into the league. Sure, his game improved because of coaching, but whose doesnt? KAJ isn't the sole reason why Bynum has improved. KAJ has previously coached the Kandi Man and Jerome James, and look at where they are now.

I think Greg Oden will be a very successful player in the NBA. Will he be better than Bynum? Maybe, I don't know. But if you were to ask me currently who I would chose, I would pick Bynum. Sorry, but for someone to have micro-surgery and miss their entire rookie season sort of concerns me. Not to mention before the draft, I heard concerns about one of Oden's legs being longer than the other. I'm not sure if that will effect his game in anyway, but it is sort of a red flag, right? I remember before the draft, there were people questioning his durability

I think Greg Oden will have a great future in the league, but something about him rubs me the wrong way. It's just my opinion though. I would rather choose the 20 year old big who has actually proved something in the league rather than going after Oden. And I don't care if you agree with me or not, but that's just my opinion. I'd rather pick the young big who has actually proven something in the league...

7. cpawfan

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Yours just happens to be one that the vast majority of non-Lakers fans would laugh at.

It is what it is.

8. Brand New

Brand New so wavy

I don't know why people would laugh at choosing Bynum over Oden, I think that there are people that are non Laker fans and would choose Bynum over Oden. Bynum has proven that he could be better than Oden and has showed a lot of potential to be a great center in the league.

9. Really Lost One

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Dec 26 2007, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Yours just happens to be one that the vast majority of non-Lakers fans would laugh at.

It is what it is.</div>
    Just like how many Net fans call Sean Williams untouchable right? [​IMG]

And to be honest with you, you never really gave me any reason to believe why my opinion is stupid. Forget Andrew Bynum, and forget Greg Oden.

Player X is one year younger than player Y. Player X was a great defensive presence in college. He proved he can play in college competition, but has never stepped foot onto an NBA court. Player X gets injured in his rookie year and has micro-fracture surgery, with durability concerns already mentioned before the draft. And during his year in college, he was playing with an injured wrist.

Player Y is only one year older than player X. Player Y is already in his 3rd season in the league. Player Y has shown great improvement in each of his seasons in the league. Player Y is currently averaging a double double and two blocks, player Y was once hated by the best player in the league, who just happened to be his teammate. Player Y has changed the best player in the league's opinion of him in just one offseason, and is now being praised for his improvement and work ethic. Player Y has already proven he can play in NBA competition, already outplaying many of his opposing centers. Some names being Chris Kaman and Amare Stoudimire. Player Y has not missed a single game due to injury, let alone an entire season. Actually, player Y has not been injured at all ever since coming into the league

Who would you rather take? Player X right?

10. cpawfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 26 2007, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Dec 26 2007, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Yours just happens to be one that the vast majority of non-Lakers fans would laugh at.

It is what it is.</div>
    Just like how many Net fans call Sean Williams untouchable right? [​IMG] </div>

You won't find me among them and you'll find me being sarcastic about it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>And to be honest with you, you never really gave me any reason to believe why my opinion is stupid. Forget Andrew Bynum, and forget Greg Oden.</div>

Why would I attempt to say your opinion is stupid?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Player X is one year younger than player Y. Player X was a great defensive presence in college. He proved he can play in college competition, but has never stepped foot onto an NBA court. Player X gets injured in his rookie year and has micro-fracture surgery, with durability concerns already mentioned before the draft. And during his year in college, he was playing with an injured wrist.</div>

I never believed the so called red flags and durability questions about Oden, so in this scenario, they hold no weight for me regarding Player X.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Player Y is only one year older than player X. Player Y is already in his 3rd season in the league. Player Y has shown great improvement in each of his seasons in the league. Player Y is currently averaging a double double and two blocks, player Y was once hated by the best player in the league, who just happened to be his teammate. Player Y has changed the best player in the league's opinion of him in just one offseason, and is now being praised for his improvement and work ethic. Player Y has already proven he can play in NBA competition, already outplaying many of his opposing centers. Some names being Chris Kaman and Amare Stoudimire

Who would you rather take? Player X right?</div>

When was Player Y hated by LeBron, or a teammate of LBJ for that matter?

Lets add to the backstory, Player X dominated offensively and defensively at the HS and AAU level while Player Y didn't.

So Player Y has had 2 full seasons of NBA coaching and Player X has had none, yet at every level prior to the NBA, Player X was heads and shoulders better than Player Y.

Give me Player X. He is younger, has better raw talent and knows how to play defense.

11. Really Lost One

^There is no Greg Oden, there is no Andrew Bynum. There is no Lebron James, there is no Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Time Duncan, or whoever for that matter. There are no names. Just player X and player Y. And player X being younger than player Y isn't really a big deal. It's only a one year difference.

And for the record, if none of these names were mentioned, many people would be concerned about player X's durability. Many people would choose the proven commodity over the unproven one. But hey, we all have our opinions.

12. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

Proven commodity? He's having one good year!

Not sure how you can say it's not sarcasm, when you're not the one who said it.

13. cpawfan

It has been proven that microfracture isn't a death sentence for an NBA player anymore. That is the only legitimate question about Oden's durability and therefore Player X's durability.

I also don't consider Erick Dampier in a contract year numbers to be a proven commodity.

14. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 26 2007, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^There is no Greg Oden, there is no Andrew Bynum. There is no Lebron James, there is no Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Time Duncan, or whoever for that matter. There are no names. Just player X and player Y. And player X being younger than player Y isn't really a big deal. It's only a one year difference.

And for the record, if none of these names were mentioned, many people would be concerned about player X's durability. Many people would choose the proven commodity over the unproven one. But hey, we all have our opinions.</div>

That post you made prior to this one was to baised.

15. Brand New

Brand New so wavy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MyNetsForLife @ Dec 26 2007, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Proven commodity? He's having one good year!</div>
    I could say the same about Sean Williams.

16. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bynumite @ Dec 26 2007, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MyNetsForLife @ Dec 26 2007, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Proven commodity? He's having one good year!</div>
    </div>
    I'm not going around saying Sean Williams is the god send and holy savior of all basketball.

17. Really Lost One

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MyNetsForLife @ Dec 26 2007, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Proven commodity? He's having one good year!</div>
    Then what does that make Greg Oden? In that case, Oden hasn't proven anything in the next level, which is a fact. He has been injured the entire season.

18. Really Lost One

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (o.iatlhawksfan @ Dec 26 2007, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That post you made prior to this one was to baised.</div>
    So you're calling me biased? Wow. I'm not the guy who ranked Greg Oden up with Dwight Howard even though Oden hasn't even played a single game in the NBA yet. Talk about who's being biased. And please tell me why my last post was biased, because last I checked, those were facts.

19. cpawfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 26 2007, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MyNetsForLife @ Dec 26 2007, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Proven commodity? He's having one good year!</div>
    Then what does that make Greg Oden? In that case, Oden hasn't proven anything in the next level, which is a fact. He has been injured the entire season.
    </div>

Your response doesn't make sense. His point is that you are dealing with the potential of both players.

20. Brand New

Brand New so wavy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MyNetsForLife @ Dec 26 2007, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bynumite @ Dec 26 2007, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MyNetsForLife @ Dec 26 2007, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Proven commodity? He's having one good year!</div>
    </div>
    I'm not going around saying Sean Williams is the god send and holy savior of all basketball.
    </div>
    I don't know who is saying that Bynum is god and holy savior. [​IMG]