Camby On The Move???

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by Serge, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Opal

Opal Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Apr 18 2007, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Would Nuggets fans takeTheo Ratliff (Contract expires after next year)Ryan Gomes (Contract expires after next year)forReggie Evans and Marcus Camby?I know it is a dropoff in talent but Gomes is shaping into a Shane Battier type of a player and this takes A LOT of cap relief off of Denver when it comes to resigning Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony</div>How about Al Jeff instead of Theo? :winkglasses: <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ Apr 19 2007, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-family:Arial">How do you expect us to get rid of Kenyon Martin?</span></div>I'm to the point where I think we should just release him.

2. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

well first of all we're not trading Al Jefferson for Marcus Camby who is very injury prone..and Al's contract won't be expiringsecond of all the contracts wouldn't match up..Theo's contract is expiring and matches up with Camby's..that's why I said Theo because it frees A LOT of cap space for Denver to sign AI, Melo and free agents

3. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Camby23Land @ Apr 19 2007, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How about Al Jeff instead of Theo? :winkglasses: I'm to the point where I think we should just release him.</div>LOL release??? Dude people will deff want this guy why would we realase him? Deff if we don't ask for to much he still a double double guy he can put up like he started few games before he got a injury this season.

4. Opal

Opal Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 19 2007, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>LOL release??? Dude people will deff want this guy why would we realase him? Deff if we don't ask for to much he still a double double guy he can put up like he started few games before he got a injury this season.</div>Nobody wants him, we have tried trading him already and nobody wants him. The Knicks did at one point, but I doubt they do anymore.

5. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Camby23Land @ Apr 19 2007, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nobody wants him, we have tried trading him already and nobody wants him. The Knicks did at one point, but I doubt they do anymore.</div>haha Knicks are a lock I am sure someone else might want him maybe we just asked for to much that's why they did not want to. But I am sure some want him I think we just asked for to much maybe before.

6. Opal

Opal Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 19 2007, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>haha Knicks are a lock I am sure someone else might want him maybe we just asked for to much that's why they did not want to. But I am sure some want him I think we just asked for to much maybe before.</div>Knicks are our only shot, nobody else is willing, or stupid, enough to deal with his salary.

7. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Camby23Land @ Apr 19 2007, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Knicks are our only shot, nobody else is willing, or stupid, enough to deal with his salary.</div>He is like 28 I think or w/e maybe I am wrong about age. he averaged 10 board in the games he played he can get it done keep him then once he shows he can still play trade him.

8. boykinsforpresident

boykinsforpresident BBW Member

I am a big camby fan but I can see why the nuggets would want to get rid of him....the dude gets injured all the time. He is such a good defender and a good team player and a team leader, but for the money he makes he is on the shelf way to much

9. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 19 2007, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He is like 28 I think or w/e maybe I amw rong about age. he averaged 10 board in the games he played he can get it done keep him then once he shows he can still play trade him.</div>No one cares whether or not he has the talent... but he is ALWAYS injured, thus nobody wants him. It's not that difficult to comprehend.

10. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Apr 19 2007, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No one cares whether or not he has the talent... but he is ALWAYS injured, thus nobody wants him. It's not that difficult to comprehend.</div>Yeah I am sure you talk to the gm's and got it from there mouth not your *ss. LOL [​IMG] Knicks are a lock to want him, and I am sure here gotta be a few teams that could use him.

11. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 20 2007, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah I am sure you talk to the gm's and got it from there mouth not your *ss. LOL [​IMG] Knicks are a lock to want him, and I am sure here gotta be a few teams that could use him.</div>I'm sure you talk to the GMs too and hear it from there mouth that everybody wants him, right? :rolleyes:It's called common sense... it's not that hard to figure out when you understand the NBA and it's franchises are businesses, and operate as such.

12. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Apr 20 2007, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm sure you talk to the GMs too and hear it from there mouth that everybody wants him, right? :rolleyes:It's called common sense... it's not that hard to figure out when you understand the NBA and it's franchises are businesses, and operate as such.</div>No I don't, but this guy is good so I make more sence then you.He is not a bad player with injurys he is a good player with injurys there is a diff.

13. Opal

Opal Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 21 2007, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No I don't, but this guy is good so I make more sence then you.He is not a bad player with injurys he is a good player with injurys there is a diff.</div>True, but an injury is an injury. Nobody wants a guy who is almost guaranteed to be injured for a good chunk of the year.

14. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 21 2007, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No I don't, but this guy is good so I make more sence then you.He is not a bad player with injurys he is a good player with injurys there is a diff.</div>:HAHAHA: Talk about the worst justification ever... sound like a little kid. "He's good, so I'm right!" :rolleyes:Please... think about it. If teams actually wanted him, they would have shown even a small bit of interest when Denver was shopping him, right? Well, nobody was really interested, were they? If he was a tradeable asset, he would have been long gone by now... ask almost any Nugget fan how long Denver has been trying to get rid of him.

15. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Camby23Land @ Apr 21 2007, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>True, but an injury is an injury. Nobody wants a guy who is almost guaranteed to be injured for a good chunk of the year.</div>I am just saying when your not bad even with injurys people will take a chance if you don't ask for TO much in a deal.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Apr 21 2007, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>:HAHAHA: Talk about the worst justification ever... sound like a little kid. "He's good, so I'm right!" :rolleyes:Please... think about it. If teams actually wanted him, they would have shown even a small bit of interest when Denver was shopping him, right? Well, nobody was really interested, were they? If he was a tradeable asset, he would have been long gone by now... ask almost any Nugget fan how long Denver has been trying to get rid of him.</div>Sounds like a littke kid? WTF???I thought about it if he is good people will take a chance on a player who is known for injurys if you don't ask for to much. Ever think about maybe Nuggets just asked for to much from teams, and that might be a reason.But w/e dude not gonna argue you act like you know everything when you don't know everything so stop acting like your some big shot who knows all.

16. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 21 2007, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I am just saying when your not bad even with injurys people will take a chance if you don't ask for TO much in a deal.Sounds like a littke kid? WTF???I thought about it if he is good people will take a chance on a player who is known for injurys if you don't ask for to much. Ever think about maybe Nuggets just asked for to much from teams, and that might be a reason.But w/e dude not gonna argue you act like you know everything when you don't know everything so stop acting like your some big shot who knows all.</div>You did sound like a little kid... the reason you don't realize it is obvious.So now you're saying Denver shouldn't ask for too much in return for Kenyon Martin? I guess you don't realize WHY it is impossible for Denver to trade him. First of all, he's always injured, and makes a sh*t load of money (which is why Denver is trying to trade him in the first place). Also, I hope you realize that a team (unless they are under the cap, which Denver is not) has to take back the same salary from incoming players that they send out. Now, that means they would have to take on another horrible contract for an underachieving player (because nobody is trading a star player for Martin). Another way they take back the same salary is if they get a few solid role players making big money (which again wouldn't be wise, but better than their current situation... problem is nobody will do that deal with them either). Or they would need to acquire expiring contracts, and nobody is going to give up a big expiring contract for an oft-injured underachieving player.Back to square #1 buddy. Maybe you should actually think about things before you post.

17. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Apr 21 2007, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You did sound like a little kid... the reason you don't realize it is obvious.So now you're saying Denver shouldn't ask for too much in return for Kenyon Martin? I guess you don't realize WHY it is impossible for Denver to trade him. First of all, he's always injured, and makes a sh*t load of money (which is why Denver is trying to trade him in the first place). Also, I hope you realize that a team (unless they are under the cap, which Denver is not) has to take back the same salary from incoming players that they send out. Now, that means they would have to take on another horrible contract for an underachieving player (because nobody is trading a star player for Martin). Another way they take back the same salary is if they get a few solid role players making big money (which again wouldn't be wise, but better than their current situation... problem is nobody will do that deal with them either). Or they would need to acquire expiring contracts, and nobody is going to give up a big expiring contract for an oft-injured underachieving player.Back to square #1 buddy. Maybe you should actually think about things before you post.</div>I am older then you probably not sure what you talking about.They can get value for him, but just don't ask for to much. They can deff get expiring for him I know that money gotta be close if your not under cap I know NBA unlike you.And I did think people will wanna trade for Martin if you don't ask for to much.

18. Opal

Opal Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 21 2007, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I am older then you probably not sure what you talking about.They can get value for him, but just don't ask for to much. They can deff get expiring for him I know that money gotta be close if your not under cap I know NBA unlike you.And I did think people will wanna trade for Martin if you don't ask for to much.</div>No you aren't, bigmo is a sophomore in college I am pretty sure.

19. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Camby23Land @ Apr 22 2007, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No you aren't, bigmo is a sophomore in college I am pretty sure.</div>He is 19 it says in the profile I am gonna be 19 w/e not a bid deal why are we even start talking about age anyway?

20. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 21 2007, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I am older then you probably not sure what you talking about.They can get value for him, but just don't ask for to much. They can deff get expiring for him I know that money gotta be close if your not under cap I know NBA unlike you.And I did think people will wanna trade for Martin if you don't ask for to much.</div>1. I am older than you.2. You won't get expiring contracts for Kenyon Martin. If a team wants to go out and get an impact player, they would keep the expiring contract to get cap room and pursue a player in free agency who will make a bigger impact than Kenyon Martin, and a player who isn't injured 90% of the time. If you "know NBA," you would have been smart enough to figure that simple little thing out.3. No you don't know more than me.