can Dame crack the 3000 3point made before he retires?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Labinot41, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

He's 30 now, and the youngest on that list, he still got many years ahead of him

Screenshot_20210105-020620_Samsung Internet.jpg

2. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Looks like to me he could. It also looks to me like Curry will very easily and I doubt Lillard will ever catch him.

Tyrant of Ants likes this.
  3. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I think Dame, Steph and Harden will all average about 300 threes a season for the rest of their careers. That means they will easily be 1, 2 and 3 on the all time three pointers made list. The question is who lasts longest.

Right now Steph is about 700 ahead of Dame but Steph has played three more seasons in the league or at least should have based on the year he was drafted. I think Dame will play three seasons or more after both Steph and Harden retire. If they're all around 300 a season, those three seasons will put Dame ahead.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Steph definitely has the big lead on Dame but both Steph and Harden have more miles on them than Dame does. Steph's body will break down sooner than Dame's or Harden's IMO. I don't think Harden has the discipline Dame does to play as long. So Dame might just end up with more because he plays more years at these ridiculous numbers.

4. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

if Dame keeps making three's at last year's pace, sure. Would take him this season an 4 more. He's going to need to get into the 39-40% range on coversion rate though. I'm not sure he'll get there. I think that's especially true if teams continue to defend him like they have so far this season. I mean, for chrissakes, CJ is hot-hot-hot right now, hitting everything and still teams are single-covering CJ while trapping, hedging, and doubling Dame.

personally, I don't think the time between season was sufficient for Dame to recharge. He carries an incredibly heavy burden and is always facing tough defenders, including the physical play the Warriors hammered him with last night. The physical toll he pays is heavy and 3 months is a pretty short time between the grinds of seasons

5. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Well how many does he average a season?

6. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

For his career 3 per game, last year 4.1 and this year 3.8