Politics Can our Republican friends here please explain something...

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Stevenson, Feb 28, 2018.

1. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Utter hilarity.

2. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Still don’t understand but oh well. Who cares

3. riverman

riverman Writing Team

So back when you could buy a new car for 1000 bucks and rent a house for 80 bucks a month...I remember those days......cost 25 cents to go to a movie...people got 3 bucks an hour...gas 19 cents a gallon..cup of coffee...a thin dime..doctors made house calls

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    DaLincolnJones likes this.
  4. Nate

Nate #itsokaytobewhite #wakandaforever BANNED

Certainly not you, I’m sure.

5. Nate

Nate #itsokaytobewhite #wakandaforever BANNED

Your favorite era! The good ol days. Pre-1965

The current era is the saddest state youve seen America in right?

6. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

Uhhh.....what I said in a more condensed form.......bottom line is, either way we screwed ourselves.

riverman likes this.
  7. riverman

riverman Writing Team

US Steel manufacturing here in the homeland is not just owned by American Corporations...Germany owns steel plants here as do India, Taiwan, Japan, Mexico, Brazil, etc.....made in USA isn't necessarily owned by USA......

8. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

So, awesome?

Don't care how much people made an hour in gross dollars. That's much better actual spending power than people have now if your numbers are right.

9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

cost of living does not match wages ....hasn't for a long time..my point is you can't compare industrial age stats with this era of global technology...also WW2 helped the economy by unfortunately killing off a whole lot of soldiers not returning to compete in the job market....I was born in the 1950s...some things were better ...some ..not so much. Women just entered the workforce during the war en masse...these eras of history will never duplicate each other...the world is way more complex now. Industrial age prosperity was started in England and imported here after the war in many cases. England was a complete mess in the 1950s.....we didn't have rubble to deal with but Japan and Germany surged with modernization while we were oiling rusty gears stateside. There were also just a handful of JP Morgans and Andrew Carnegies and Rockefellers who owned pretty much all the energy and transportation monopolies without competition...JP Morgan even bought a president....I doubt many americans from rural or poor urban neighborhoods would want to revisit those days anytime soon...native americans were in horrible conditions in the 1950s ..

10. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I should add that we did have a great migration of European and Asian immigrants after WW2 as well....lot of scientists, craftsmen, composers, writers, engineers, teachers ...after the war people who could made their way here and we benefited from their brilliance....still do.

UncleCliffy'sDaddy likes this.
  11. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Let me put it this way. If you want to find a cliff and jump, I won't stop you. No reach out and touch from me.

Take barfo with you.

12. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Doesnt matter. Its still melted and manufactured in the USA And thats all that matters.
    When it comes to restrictions of types of materials, i see and review these documents every day for companies building large structural projects like stadiums and skyscrapers.
    Mtrs. Material test reports.
    More and more im seeing companies require m&m, (melted and manufactured in the USA). It doesn't matter whether it comes from an American Mill, An Arabic Mill or an Asian Mill (some of the largest steel producers) as long as it is created in the states it will pass.
    However we dont have the surplus of raw metals some other countries do, plus our wages are more, so m&m material costs more.

If the rise in costs of m&m continue over the course of the next two quarters, it could have a very real impact on large construction projects. Many many jobs are impacted when large construction comes to a hault. Has much more of an impact than just those on the job sites. Concrete companies, longhaul trucking. Etc.

So i have mixed feelings about how we are making america great again. I agree with trying to keep the work here but it is much easier said han done without causing some potentially large economic ripples.

13. riverman

riverman Writing Team

nah..OB...Asian manufacturers don't have resources for steel....they buy scrap metal and recycle it...every use Taiwanese nails? They're useless....we have way more resources than most countries with manufacturing bases do.

14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

It doesn't if we spout nationalistic business tariffs behind the buy American slogan....it's completely misleading...the economy is global...no denying that

15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

That's not what americans are being told by the president.....#fakenationalism

16. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Congrats. You seem to have moved past blind hatred to actual policy. Maybe there's some hope for you after all :)

17. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I don't have mixed feelings....I think Trump is making a really dumb move here.

18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Not liking Trump is not blind hatred...it's standing behind one's value systems...as I've said...mine are not for sale. Blind hatred would be hating him because of his hairdo if you've never seen him....I've seen and heard this guy lie for decades....he hasn't changed either...being an asshole in his case comes from decades of practice. Blind support would be cheering for him because he made you money short term

19. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    I basically stopped reading there. You continued your blind hatred screed from that point on.

Just sayin'

20. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

Nah, you basically stopped reading because @riverman was making sense. And being honest. Just sayin’......

calvin natt and riverman like this.