Can we please fast forward to LeBron holding the trophy

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by Lostmyluggage, May 31, 2007.

1. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

Maybe Tim Duncan will let LeBron touch it while he's holding it because LeBron isn't going to hold it this year at least.

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Lostmyluggage Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Just stating what will happen if the Spurs win tonight. The purpose of this thread isn't to attain credibility, it's to oppress the critisim that LeBron recieved all year, and all the doubting. It's to prepare those for the inevitable. Everyone talks crap in the media, and then changes their story the next day to fit what they claimed. You want to talk about no credibility, look to those people that are getting paid to have no credibility.</div>

We've seen the inevitable already, and that is LeBrick is going to continue to play great individually, but won't do crap without good players around him. Hell, he has good players...the term should be championship level players around him. Right now, LeBrick looks like he's in Kobe's shoes, years of playing your heart out with nothing to prove for it....well...outside of Kobe's 3 rings, he's in Kobe's shoes.

BTW, I-Miss-MJ....you forgot LeBoring

3. XSV

XSV JBB The Virve Dynasty

The man can't make his teammates better. That alone proves he will never come close to MJ.

4. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">Lostmyluggage Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Just stating what will happen if the Spurs win tonight. The <u>purpose</u> of this thread isn't to attain credibility, it's to oppress the critisim that LeBron recieved all year, and all the doubting. It's to prepare those for the inevitable. Everyone talks crap in the media, and then changes their story the next day to fit what they claimed. You want to talk about no credibility, look to those people that are getting paid to have no credibility.</div>

Really? Because here's what you wrote earlier in this thread:

"But can the spurs contend with somone so thirsty, so hungry, so...so....dominant. Do not relay on the Spurs dirty play that has gotten them this far. It won't work. It works on other soft teams, but not the Cavs. You saw what could have happend to McDy had LeBron not held back. He will NOT tolerate any foul play. Spurs know this, and they know that one punch from LeBron could end someones career as they know it. They are scared. They haven't beaten Cleveland all year, and they do not intend to.

It's over.

LeBron can and will conform to the following if need be:
    Every Point
    Every Time
    No Exceptions
    No Excuses"

Seems like you were expecting the Spurs to actually fear the Cavs, and Lebron, right? Turns out, the series is now 3-0 in Spur's favor

5. TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince JBB JustBBall Member

Lol, how were Jordan's last years in Washington embarrassing? 20.0 ppg, 6.1 rpg, and 3.8 apg all while turning 40. that is actually quite amazing. And he almost led a dreadful wizards team to the playoffs

6. NBA MAN

NBA MAN JBB JustBBall Member

I'm glad to see lost my luggage shut up. Spurs are much better than the Cavs. Get off LeBrons nuts. Don't even compare this to Jordan. LeBron has been pathetic in the Finals. Jordan licked his fingers and ate the Finals

7. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Well then, you guys got this prediction completely wrong. You were confusing the San Antonio Spurs with the Detroit Pistons. The Spurs don't choke and fall apart like the Pistons do, they won't be dominated by James's penetration because Duncan is there waiting for him, and the Spurs certainly don't lose their poise.

These finals were a learning experience for the Cavaliers, nothing more. When the Cavaliers add some proven scorers to this defensive minded squad, then they can talk about a championship.

8. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm glad to see lost my luggage shut up. Spurs are much better than the Cavs. Get off LeBrons nuts. Don't even compare this to Jordan. LeBron has been pathetic in the Finals. Jordan licked his fingers and ate the Finals</div>

lol, don't be so hard on him, he's just a diehard fan that loves to talk smack and I can't blame him, because I love talking smack myself....I'll be honest and say that outside of game 2 the cavs could've beaten the spurs in the other 3 games, but they just didn't have enough talent to do so....even though Lebron didn't play great this series I have a hard time blaming him for the sweep, just like I have a hard time blaming kobe for losing against the suns......in order for the cavs to win this series Bron had to be perfect, and that's just impossible for any one guy to do (even Jordan himself), hopefully the cavs can get him some help so he doesn't go down the KG road.

9. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

So...uh...what happened to LeBron holding the title? Unless Duncan and the Spurs let him touch it, it didn't happen. Whatever happened to the Spurs being scared of LeBron? It doesn't looked like that happened. In fact, it looked like the Spurs made this seem like the easiest Finals in the history of the NBA. The Cavs were completely outmatched, no questions about it. The Cavs really never had a chance in this series. They were completely outplayed the first two games and in the last two, despite being close, they still couldn't do anything. The Spurs defense completely shut them down and made LeBron look like a regular player. I've never seen a superstar play that bad ever. He was flat out horrible. In fact, I'm going to go and say his play was simply pathetic. His jumper didn't exist in this series and if he didn't get to the hoop or the line, he wasn't scoring. He went 4/19 from the arc in the series and, last I knew, didn't even hit a mid range jump shot. And while we're talking about putrid, how about we bring up his shooting percentage in the series. After going 10/30 tonight, that put him at a mind boggling 35.5%. His 5+ turnovers per game was pretty great as well. So, to say the least, LeBron has clearly showed he's not ready for that kind of pressure yet. If he was, he wouldn't have played the worst four game span of his career.

10. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

LeBroom's Finals Winning Percentage as of today:

Michael Jordan's Finals Winning Percentage as of today:

[​IMG]

11. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">THE DREAM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">lol, don't be so hard on him, he's just a diehard fan that loves to talk smack and I can't blame him, because I love talking smack myself....I'll be honest and say that outside of game 2 the cavs could've beaten the spurs in the other 3 games, but they just didn't have enough talent to do so....even though Lebron didn't play great this series I have a hard time blaming him for the sweep, just like I have a hard time blaming kobe for losing against the suns......in order for the cavs to win this series Bron had to be perfect, and that's just impossible for any one guy to do (even Jordan himself), hopefully the cavs can get him some help so he doesn't go down the KG road.</div>

Dude, c'mon. Cleveland played their best basketball in game 3 and the Spurs played down right horrible, and they still didn't stand a chance. The Cavs had no place in these finals, it was an embarrassment. They had no chance in any of the games. Game 4, they made a little run but the Spurs held fort and then came with some heavy counter punches. The Spurs dominated 3 games IMO, and they still won the game that they were dominated in.

As for not being able to blame LeBron ala Kobe vs the Suns, I don't see the similarities, Kobe played well in both PHX series, LeBron wasn't even the best player on his team.

12. I-Miss-MJ

I-Miss-MJ JBB I am so SMRT

<div class="quote_poster">TheFreshPrince Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Lol, how were Jordan's last years in Washington embarrassing? 20.0 ppg, 6.1 rpg, and 3.8 apg all while turning 40. that is actually quite amazing. And he almost led a dreadful wizards team to the playoffs</div>

There comes a point where people are just not rational. Luggage is clearly a substitute for brain in his username.

13. Lostmyluggage

Lostmyluggage JBB JustBBall Member

It's about time one of my predictions proved false. Only 22,000 more predictions unill I match Sheed's faulty claims. I'm still in disbelief that we lost this series dispite our defense being almost flawless. Nothing would drop, at all for Cleveland. Oh well, even the sun shines on a dog once in his life. Time to pick up Marion (AKA LEBRON'S PIPPEN) and be done with it. Congrats to the Spurs, the only possible team that could hope to stand in Clevelands way. The wins were not due to team basketball, but rather from so much individual talent and a deep bench.

14. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

Actually, the top 6 teams in the West could probably tear Cleveland (and any Eastern Conference team) a new asshole, don't get your hopes up for LeBroom having a dynasty.

And how are you gonna get Marion? What makes you think Phoenix wants anyone on your roster other than LeBron?

15. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

<div class="quote_poster">Lostmyluggage Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">It's about time one of my predictions proved false. Only 22,000 more predictions unill I match Sheed's faulty claims. I'm still in disbelief that we lost this series dispite our defense being almost flawless. Nothing would drop, at all for Cleveland. Oh well, even the sun shines on a dog once in his life. Time to pick up Marion (AKA LEBRON'S PIPPEN) and be done with it. Congrats to the Spurs, the only possible team that could hope to stand in Clevelands way. The wins were not due to team basketball, but rather from so much individual talent and a deep bench.</div>Rrrriiiiggghhhtttt. I'm not sure if you realize this, but the Cavs would stand NO CHANCE out West. The Rockets could kill them, the Suns, the Spurs (obviously), the Mavs, etc. I could go on and on, but what's the point? Hell, he shouldn't have even made it through the East. The Bulls are a better team, the Pistons were the better teams, if the Heat were healthy they could have done something. And might I add that two of the three teams they beat en route to the Finals were missing key players as the Wiz were missing BOTH Gilbert Arenas AND Caron Butler while the Nets were missing Nenad Krstic. If you ask me, I don't think a team has EVER had such an easy route to the ECF in recent memory.

One other thing....remind as to what MJs winning percentage in the Finals was? Something like....oh yea, 100%. That means LeBron has already done more losing than MJ ever did in the Finals. I don't care what you say, but until LeBron does something more than choke and get swept in the Finals, he will never touch what MJ did. I don't care how good he is, he will never touch the status of MJ...unless of course he wins more than 6 titles (which he won't do in Cleveland), win 5 league MVPs, 6 Finals MVPs (which typically requires winning and not playing awful), learns how to play defense, etc., etc.

16. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

<div class="quote_poster">Lostmyluggage Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I watched every bulls playoff and Finals game during the following seasons:
    90-91,91-92,92-93, 95-96,96-97,97-98

My favorite moment was the 93 Finals where Jordan tries a pass which Barkley intercepts and flys down court with Jordan on his heels for the DUNK. As he finishes, he give's Jordan some advice on passing. A few other great things happend that game like BJ armstrong throwing KJ to the ground, Jordan elbowing Danny Ainge in the face and then mouthing off to Ainge, and a few others that I can't remember right now.

It wasn't until his 7th season, that Jordan won his first ring. He was 27 years old at the time. How old is LeBron again? How many years has he been in the NBA? He's not playing particularly well in the finals to my surprise, but there are reasons for that. Let's see what happens next year when LeBron can actually concentrate and not have the anxiety of a new son on the way. If you don't think that he will eventually surpass Jordan, then you are in for one hell of a treat.</div>Hmmm....seems like you don't have many GOOD Finals memories of Jordan. So let me refresh. He won three in a row on two straight occasions, single handedly dominating the '90s. He hit the game winner over Byron Russell in game 6 of the '98 Finals. He won 6 Finals MVPs (that's 6 more than LeBron by the way). He never lost a Finals series (oh by the way, LeBron has already beat him to that accomplishment....not that you should want to). Oh, he also didn't too often choke the way LeBron did in the playoff, more often than not he was actually clutch....a word LeBron should figure out how to be. He should also look up what a jumpshot means and potentially add one to his repertoire, cause he doesn't have one and will never be as dominant as Jordan, or hell even Kobe, without one.

And what's your point about Jordan not winning one til his 7th season? LeBrick is going in to season 5 next year and he still doesn't have one. With how good the West is and with some teams out East getting better, it could be a whole lot longer than 7 years before he wins one.

17. Mamba

Please tell me how the hell Cleveland is supposed to get Shawn Marion? I'm dying to know, because if it's easy, I'd love for the Lakers or the Wizards to throw their offers in.

18. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

Lebron is only what? 22, he probably will have more opportunities. I just hope him and his team improve (or another better quality team shows up), so we don't have to watch a similar devastation for 4 games. (although the last two weren't blowouts)

Moo2k, Do you think if a Bulls, Pistons, or Heat (with injured D-Wade) would have done better than the Cavs?

19. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

<div class="quote_poster">Skiptomylue11 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Moo2k, Do you think if a Bulls, Pistons, or Heat (with injured D-Wade) would have done better than the Cavs?</div>I actually do think the Bulls or the Pistons could have done better. They each play as a team. The Cavs first three options are all LeBron James. If the Bulls or the Pistons are having issues, they each have at least three players apiece to go to to score baskets. With LeBron playing awful, who else is there to step up? Daniel Gibson played good in each of the first two games, but when he was in a close game, he disappeared. Larry Hughes shouldn't have even been playing as noted by his dreadful offense and equally poor defense. Neither Gooden nor Z were big factors either. So yes, I do think the Bulls or the Pistons could have done much better than the Cavs, or at the very least win a game.

20. Lostmyluggage

Lostmyluggage JBB JustBBall Member

The Bulls, Heat, and Detroit could not have done any better. Cleveland's defense is better than those teams and they match up better on the Spurs than any of those other teams. The 3-0 record against the Spurs during the regular season confirms this.

If it pisses people off that Cleveland won the ECF, then too bad. That's the way it panned out just like it panned out for Dallas. It sure as hell doesn't piss me off that they didn't win the Finals. They had LeBron, excellent defense, and no other great shooters, yet they got that far. All I see is the begining of a dynasty, LeBron perfecting his jump shot this summer because the refs robbed him of driving to the lane, and him closing in on Jordan. I can play shoulda woulda coulda all day. For example, the Spurs wouldn't have beaten Dallas had Dallas not lost in the first round anyways.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">And might I add that two of the three teams they beat en route to the Finals were missing key players as the Wiz were missing BOTH Gilbert Arenas AND Caron Butler while the Nets were missing Nenad Krstic. If you ask me, I don't think a team has EVER had such an easy route to the ECF in recent memory.</div>

Having an easy route to the ECF is based on your record during the regular season which the Cavs earned. Beating the Pistons was no easy task. And for the record, the Cavs beat the Wiz last year with an injured Hughes, AND the Wiz had Areans, Butler, and Jamison playing. They barely lost to Detroit last year also. Good thing too, because they probably would have beaten the Heat. It's no surprise that they won the ECF this year.