Canzano: Welcome to summer ... where the Portland Trail Blazers hope for a way out

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    Canzano would fit in well here, except his writing skills aren't quite up to par.

PDXFonz, Chris Craig and SlyPokerDog like this.
  2. Blazer4ever

Blazer4ever Finding a Way BANNED

Agricolture
    I think it's a weak article. Mostly because of what Julius said, the Warriors were going nowhere for years. We have at least 2 if not 3 major players who seem to be happy and if we draft well could add to that.
    I also didn't lose all hope on last summer's signings. I think with a better coach we can get more out of Crabbe, Turner, Leonard. Ezeli would have been great if he wasn't broken and we'd be getting out of his contract anyway.
    I'm hoping we get a good draft. I think there are players who are supposed to be available that would at least give us real contribution and we shouldn't waste these picks. Then I'd rather keep last summer's contracts than go out of our way to trade them when it probably wouldn't get us under the cap anyway. Crabbe isn't useless, I don't think Meyers is either and Turner is being misused as a guard. What would make both Turner and Crabbe much more effective is if they could be used only at forward, and then when their value is up we can trade one of them for real return.
    Anyway, I don't share the doom and gloom. Last season was disappointing but getting Nurkic was a major positive and we're not in such a bad place as a team

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  3. Binx

Binx Well-Known Member

I guess most of you intensely dislike Canzano, but it seems to me he's making an excellent point. Portland is considered a backwater town by most NBA superstars. I wish it weren't the case, but I'm afraid in this era of free-agent hopping and title-chasing, the Blazers are always going to come up short. As Canzano says, it's a narrow chance for us, and it's always going to be. Tough to swallow, but true.

4. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

How dare you sir. We are a free agent destination for all of the biggest stars.

SlyPokerDog and Binx like this.
  5. Binx

Binx Well-Known Member

Really? I don't think any coach is going to get more out of Leonard. He is what he is.

Nurkic was definitely a positive, but we got him through a trade, not free agency--and free agency seems to be the key to success now.

6. Dougnsalem

Dougnsalem not barf

I don't dislike crapzano personally. I just think that because of his, and Quicks reporting methods; they should both be deported to hell. That's all....

Chris Craig and dviss1 like this.
  7. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Another Clownzano article. Thanks Sly. And yet again it's just another moldy rag filled with his pessimistic throw up. Guy has never said a decent thing about the Blazers. We could trade for George on Thursday and he'd still write another of these hit pieces denouncing Olshey and the Blazers. Hell we could win a championship and he'd still hit us with his blasphemous breath. Hey Canzano gargle with some mouthwash, pop a Prozac, and get the stick out of your ass

Magoo, Dougnsalem and dviss1 like this.