Carlos Boozer

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by nextCAVSowner, Feb 4, 2004.

1. coolhandluke

coolhandluke JBB JustBBall Member

Boozer is improving, and I believe he will be great in the near future. I don't think he should have made the All-Star game this year because of the Cavs record, but next year I predict that he will be there. There are others who deserve it over him this year that have winning records.

2. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">Reef never wins and Boozer has had a better 2 years than Randolph IMO.</div>

Unfair call considering Boozer still hasn't been on a winning team for consistent periods either. Reef is a 20/10 guy and has been to the Olympics, Boozer isn't at his level yet. As for Randolph, this is his first year getting consistent minutes, and you can't argue with 22 and 11.

3. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">Unfair call considering Boozer still hasn't been on a winning team for consistent periods either. Reef is a 20/10 guy and has been to the Olympics, Boozer isn't at his level yet. As for Randolph, this is his first year getting consistent minutes, and you can't argue with 22 and 11.</div>

Well you ask me as a Cavs fan which one I take if I I have that selection. It is Carlos Boozer every time, any day, any matchup of the week.

So if he is my selection, why would he not be better to me?

4. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">Well you ask me as a Cavs fan which one I take if I I have that selection. It is Carlos Boozer every time, any day, any matchup of the week.

So if he is my selection, why would he not be better to me?</div>

No problems at all with that, I'd expect you to choose him, but the arguments you used to put him above Reef and Randolph were not very valid.

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

SAR and Randolph are on a level above Boozer right now, Carlos is an improving player but it is crazy to put him ahead of those two guys along with Brand until he proves he can be consistant and not be great for a month

Infact It's disrespectful towards guys like SAR who have been a consistant 20 and 9 guy his whole career.

Martin, AK, Odom are all better as well.

6. jbbKing James

AK and Odom have been better? Sounds to me like they are having their best seasons now like Boozer (and Randolph). And Odom is no PF.

Reef I can see, but what does he have to show for it aside of the stats? He only shows up for big tiome games and is just a paycheck player in my opinion.

(I'm lovin this)

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">AK and Odom have been better? Sounds to me like they are having their best seasons now like Boozer (and Randolph). And Odom is no PF.

Reef I can see, but what does he have to show for it aside of the stats? He only shows up for big tiome games and is just a paycheck player in my opinion.

(I'm lovin this)</div>

AK and Odom have been better this season yes, they have the stats to back up their play the WHOLE SEASON but just a span of a month.Odom may not be a PF in your eyes but he plays the position well and has led his team to some big wins.

As for Reef

What does he have to show for his stats? Not much more than Boozer does. Both on losing losing teams. So really that point is not valid.

Given the right situation, You would see Reef backing up his numbers with wins. Sadly for him, he has just been on the wrong teams at the wrong time.

8. jbbKing James

You guys can say what you want, you guys were backing up Boozer more before he started this 9 game streak still putting up 14 and 11, now the numbers just keep going up and up. Boozer has owned AK47, Big Ben, Odom, along with other PF's head to head.

But it does not matter as the focus was lost. I said I would takle Boozer over those players, it does not matter what you guys nor the majority says. They can be better in the past, I don't care.

9. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">You guys can say what you want, you guys were backing up Boozer more before he started this 9 game streak still putting up 14 and 11, now the numbers just keep going up and up. Boozer has owned AK47, Big Ben, Odom, along with other PF's head to head.
    </div>

I still back Boozer, he has a great future in this league, can score inside and rebound the ball very well for his size. However It's too quick to make a statement that he is suddenly better than proven NBA power forwards.

10. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">I still back Boozer, he has a great future in this league, can score inside and rebound the ball very well for his size. However It's too quick to make a statement that he is suddenly better than proven NBA power forwards.</div>

I never made that statement, all I did was provide reasons why the argument could be made...which is great at getting responses [​IMG]

I still take Boozer over them [​IMG] haha (which is 100% ok for me to say)

Cavs had the chance to get Odom, we passed over him for Miles, funny eh?

11. nextCAVSowner

nextCAVSowner JBB JustBBall Member

boozer has the potential to be a weaker karl malone. he will not score or come near the scoring numbers of a malone. but boozer has a chance to be a 18/13 man in this league. he can spot up and shoot like karl and can rebound as good as karl, maybe a lil better. he just wont have as many shots as malone. lebron said a couple days ago he wants booze to be his pf his whole career, and he coinsiders him one of the best pf. i cant wait to see garnett vs booze tomorrow. tune into that match up!

12. CANT STOP ME

CANT STOP ME JBB Probationary User

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">Reef never wins and Boozer has had a better 2 years than Randolph IMO.</div>

Come on KJ, spit some truth to this man!!

13. TMac_OwNz

TMac_OwNz JBB JustBBall Member

Boozer is the man..and actually I wont put him on the same level as Marshall ..Marshall can shoot the 3's everything else is the same.

there is more than 6 pf better than boozer..he will defenetly be an All Star soon..

14. CANT STOP ME

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac_OwNz:</div><div class="quote_post">Boozer is the man..and actually I wont put him on the same level as Marshall ..Marshall can shoot the 3's everything else is the same.

there is more than 6 pf better than boozer..he will defenetly be an All Star soon..</div>

Boozer doesnt need to shoot 3s. LeBron, Jeff, Ira and Dajuan are supposed to shoot the 3s. Making 3 pointers doesnt define a Power Forward as a overall player

15. TMac_OwNz

Never said any of them needed I said its a plus for marshall last time I checked Jalen Rose Vince Carter Alvin Williams Mo Pete Curry and others can also shoot the 3's for the raptors.

16. CANT STOP ME

Like i said a Power Forward is not determined by his 3 point range

17. TMac_OwNz

Like I said..I never said they were determined by their 3 point range..but is sure a hell A Plus.

18. CANT STOP ME

i guess you could say that...

19. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

Boozer has been tremendous this season, especially over the last month or so. However, he still needs a couple years to get into the upper echelon of NBA PF's.
    Right now his D is holding him back, but good defense can be learned if he gets the right kind of coaching.

As far as SAR is concerned, I'd take Boozer over him. SAR has always been a good player on a bad team (Ricky Davis). I don't really see a lot of hustle and heart in his game. He puts up good numbers, but I question his drive. If there is one thing you know about Boozer, its that he is going to bring it hard each and every night.

Randolph on the other hand, is better than Boozer at this point. He has become the number one option on a talented offensive Portland team. He has a bunch of moves in the low post and has a very nice outside shot. Boozer still needs to develop some moves. He gets a lot of his points off of rebounds and getting out on the break. His midrange shot is getting better, but he's not quite to the point where when we need a score we can clear out and give him the ball and let him go to work. He's not too far away, but he's not there yet.

20. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac_OwNz:</div><div class="quote_post">Boozer is the man..and actually I wont put him on the same level as Marshall ..Marshall can shoot the 3's everything else is the same.</div>

That is officially the stupidest thing you have ever said, and that says a lot.