Caron Butler Breaks Hand

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by GArenas, Apr 1, 2007.

1. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>MILWAUKEE, April 1 (AP) -- Washington Wizards forward Caron Butler broke his right hand Sunday during a game against the Milwaukee Bucks. There was no immediate word on how long the All-Star will be sidelined.

Butler was hurt during the second half.

He entered the game averaging 19.1 points and 7.5 rebounds.

Copyright 2006 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited</div>
    http://www.nba.com/nba_news/butler_070401.html

If we don't have Caron in the playoffs, wich I seriousely doubt we will with a broken hand I can't see a playoff run happening. Caron Butler is the engine to our offense, his hustle and consistency are what has been the key to the Wizards succes for the pats 2 years. Wizards have been 2-12 when Caron has been out these past two years.

2. teeps11

teeps11 BBW Member

Yeah that really sucks for the Wizards. Their playoff hopes are nearly finished now. I hope Caron can heal as quickly as possible. Funny thing is, at first I thought this was another damn april fool's thing with those fake articles going around.

3. TheAnalyst

TheAnalyst BBW Elite Member

Wow, I thought this was an April fools joke. The playoff future for the Wizards isnt that bright if Caron isnt there. He is quietly their MVP.

4. KCX

KCX BBW VIP

wow wtf this isnt april fools? thats really gay because hes on my fantasy team.

5. Ultimate

Ultimate BBW Member

Dang. I checked the box-score right after the game and I was wondering why CB3 only played for 24 mins. and Jamison 25 mins. I thought we were leading in double figures, and that EJ could just rest them. Figured it was a good game since we had 7 players scored 10 or more..... I don't care if he's out for the rest of the season and postseason, I just hope he gets well soon. I thought the injury bug won't hit this team.....What's worse is that this is happening during a critical part of the season... We need to finish 4th or even 3rd and get that home court advantage. With CB3 out, that's almost out of our reach.

6. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ultimate @ Apr 1 2007, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Dang. I checked the box-score right after the game and I was wondering why CB3 only played for 24 mins. and Jamison 25 mins. I thought we were leading in double figures, and that EJ could just rest them. Figured it was a good game since we had 7 players scored 10 or more.....

I don't care if he's out for the rest of the season and postseason, I just hope he gets well soon. I thought the injury bug won't hit this team.....What's worse is that this is happening during a critical part of the season... We need to finish 4th or even 3rd and get that home court advantage. With CB3 out, that's almost out of our reach.</div>

Going 2-12 all time without Caron really makes our future bleak. This year has been plagued by injuries, we have yet to have our full roster for one game this entire season. Also from what I hear, Andray Blatche isn't getting better, he's getting worse. :thumbdn1:

7. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

Is this a joke right??If not, this is big .. it will really kill the wizards through the playoffs, big time.

8. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Amare320 @ Apr 1 2007, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Is this a joke right??

If not, this is big .. it will really kill the wizards through the playoffs, big time.</div>
    It's not a joke, and it will kill the Wizards in the playoffs, big time.

9. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

People, it isn't a joke.. it's been reported on NBA.com, ESPN, and many other websites.

10. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

I thought it was a joke at first too, but seeing as every major basketball site I visit broke this story, it obviously isn't. This is a HUGE loss for Washington because Butler just adds a whole different dimension to that team. He is a solid low-post presence, solid defender, can score in a variety of ways, and great on the glass.Washington's playoff run is basically over before it began, unless Butler somehow miraculously is able to play in the postseason.

11. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>1st April, 2007 - 9:39 pm
    Houston Chronicle -
    During the third quarter of the Wizards' Sunday game against the Bucks, Caron Butler broke his right hand.

"Second round, third round, a possibility," Butler said after the game. "But right now, I probably won't have a jersey on until next year."

Butler said that the accident happened when he went up to challenge a shot by Ruben Patterson and his right hand hit the backboard. He was playing in his third game back since missing six with a left knee contusion.</div>
    http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/454...aks_right_hand/

There's the realGM article.

This has been the worst weekend for DC area basketball.

First Mo' Pete's shot on Friday.
    Then Georgetown loses on Saturday.
    Caron breaks his hand, out for season on Sunday.
    _______

BigMo, Caron isn't really an accomplished defender simply becuase he is much smaller than opposing 3's. Although he is one of the few guys on this squad who actually try on the defensive end of the court.

Not really a low post threat. But I do agree that he can score in a vareiety of ways and is great on the glass.

What he brings to the Wizards are his consistency, hustle, and slashing.

I agree that we have no chance of a playoff run now.

12. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Apr 1 2007, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>BigMo, Caron isn't really an accomplished defender simply becuase he is much smaller than opposing 3's. Although he is one of the few guys on this squad who actually try on the defensive end of the court.Not really a low post threat. But I do agree that he can score in a vareiety of ways and is great on the glass.What he brings to the Wizards are his consistency, hustle, and slashing.I agree that we have no chance of a playoff run now.</div>He is a solid defender though, and like you said he gives effort, and that's all you can ask for. He might not be a great low-post presence, but he's still probably the best one that Washington has outside of maybe Antawn Jamison (not sure, haven't watched him play recently, but the majority of the time I see Jamison he's hanging on the perimeter or gets most of his points on putbacks).

13. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Apr 1 2007, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He is a solid defender though, and like you said he gives effort, and that's all you can ask for. He might not be a great low-post presence, but he's still probably the best one that Washington has outside of maybe Antawn Jamison (not sure, haven't watched him play recently, but the majority of the time I see Jamison he's hanging on the perimeter or gets most of his points on putbacks).</div>
    Antawn uses the perimeter to score his points most of the time. When he is in the post he uses his athletecism and body control not his prescence. Loves the floater. I'd actually say Brendan is the best low-post prescence the Wizards have, however I think we will be seeing very little of him for the weeks to come.

14. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Well, there goes our season.

15. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Wow, this is a huge blow to your team. Your defense will be absolutely sh*t now without Caron. He does alot of things. He rebounds, he can shoot, drive, play defense, and flat out score too. This is a huge hit to your team...

16. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>2nd April, 2007 - 12:30 pm
    Press Release -
    Washington Wizards President of Basketball Operations Ernie Grunfeld announced today that forward Caron Butler has sustained a second metacarpal fracture in his right hand and will miss six weeks. Butler suffered the injury in the third quarter of Washington?s 121-107 win over the Milwaukee Bucks on Sunday afternoon.

"I banged my right hand on the backboard, and I immediately felt a great deal of pain," Butler said. "I am really disappointed because we finally had everyone back from injuries for the playoff run. I am going to stay positive and continue to support my teammates, and hope to get back as soon as possible."</div>
    http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/454...miss_six_weeks/

There's the official word. Caron Butler is out for 6 weeks, it looks like he's not gonna be back this year.

17. GhettoDogAllStars

GhettoDogAllStars BBW Member

I agree this hurts our team in just about the worst way. But, I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.It's always possible that somebody else steps up, or the rest of the team gets on a roll. I'm skeptical, but not quite in panic mode -- yet.

18. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GhettoDogAllStars @ Apr 2 2007, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I agree this hurts our team in just about the worst way. But, I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.

It's always possible that somebody else steps up, or the rest of the team gets on a roll. I'm skeptical, but not quite in panic mode -- yet.</div>
    Over the past two years the Wizards have gone 2-12 without Caron. Caron brings consistency to the table which not alot of other studs on the Wizards have. It also leaves us very shallow at the three spot. This was a huge hit to the Wizards and unless DeShawn Stevenson can somehow start playing all-star ball we really don't have the consistent scoring and it will leave us shattered, especially in the playoffs. I still have a slight bit of hope becuase of how Miami reacted to Wade going down but it doesn't seem like Washington has the same motivation.

19. Ultimate

Ultimate BBW Member

Even if we manage to get to the second round, and Butler's ready to go back and play, I'd rather not allow him to until next season. This season's pretty much done for, if he's back he won't be at 100%. Shelve him for the rest of this season and postseason. I don't want him trying to go back asap and make his injury worse.

20. TheAnalyst

TheAnalyst BBW Elite Member

Wizards could sign another wingman in free agency. Maybee Pippen, or Luke Jackson if the Raptors reject him.