Caron Butler

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by heatfan, Nov 2, 2004.

1. heatfan

heatfan JBB JustBBall Member

Lakers look good so far. You guys have a good, young, athletic team. Much like Miami had last season.

I wish all the best to the new Lakers, especially Caron Butler. <font color="Red">Mark my words:</font> We have not seen the best of Caron yet. This guy went under the radar in the Shaq trade but he is a good player who will only get better. He struggled last season with the Heat, because he forced an early return from knee surgery. I have followed Caron carefully from day 1 with the Heat, and I can tell you he will make the Lakers a much better team.

During the last month of Caron's rookie year he averaged almost 22 ppg when he was the main option (Eddie Jones was injured, and Wade was still at Marquette) with the Heat. In my opinion he should of been rookie of the year. He led all rookies in points, minutes, and steals. Plus he is a solid defender. I was there when he dropped 35 points against the T-Wolves his rookie year. It looks like his legs are back under him, so don't sleep on Caron!

Can't wait for the X-Mas game. <font color="Red">Go HEat !!!</font>

2. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Caron definately looks good. I love his defensive presence. Both Caron and Kobe could be defensive first teams this season. DONT KNOCK IT!!! Good luck to your heat as well man.

3. Zoltar

Zoltar JBB JustBBall Member

Caron had a great rookie season and had a shot at rookie of the year, but Amare took it, then he got injured last year and never was the same for the rest of the season

4. theclown1

theclown1 JBB JustBBall Member

This man will someday one of the best in the league. Just give him a couple of years. Actually this year he will show how great he is.

Love him on offense but D is amazing.

5. Milkboiblue

Milkboiblue JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting theclown1:</div><div class="quote_post">This man will someday one of the best in the league. Just give him a couple of years. Actually this year he will show how great he is.

Love him on offense but D is amazing.</div>

Hmm I guess I really need to watch him more as far as defense goes. His overall defense is very good. I remember him tipping passes and snatching a steal out of the air during the game. And he seems to be very strong think he just needs to work on his footwork before he is considered a stopper but his team d, and transition D seems to be very good. And how is his finger didn't he hurt his finger a while ago?

6. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

In my NBA Live, I traded away both Devean George and Caron Butler for one Corey Maggette. But in real life, I guess it's not worth it. I think Caron has a lot of potential to be a star in this league. He's already as tough as Desmond Mason, but he can also shoot and be the scoring option. First game against the Nuggets was a good start, I'll wait for him to develop.

7. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

Caron Butler has played okay in the first 2 games of the season, his most successfull year was his rookie campaign but got injured and that led him to having a not so great year last year. Do you guys think he will be able to bounce back and be the same Caron Butler he was in his rookie year? Caron is a great player but could be better and his minutes have decreased since his rookie year thats a factor for his averages.

Caron Butlers Career Averages:
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">YEAR TEAM G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
    02-03 MIA 78 78 36.6 .416 .318 .824 1.70 3.40 5.10 2.7 1.76 .40 2.46 2.90 15.4
    03-04 MIA 68 56 29.9 .380 .238 .756 1.40 3.40 4.80 1.9 1.10 .19 1.34 2.40 9.2
    04-05 LAL 3 3 27.0 .391 .500 .875 1.00 2.70 3.70 1.3 1.00 .33 1.33 3.70 8.7
    Career 149 137 33.3 .402 .298 .803 1.50 3.40 4.90 2.3 1.44 .30 1.93 2.70 12.4
    Playoff 13 13 39.3 .386 .182 .825 1.40 7.10 8.50 2.4 2.15 .54 1.77 3.50 12.8
    </div>

8. Billa_Bong

Billa_Bong JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sooch_6:</div><div class="quote_post">Caron Butler has played okay in the first 2 games of the season, his most successfull year was his rookie campaign but got injured and that led him to having a not so great year last year. Do you guys think he will be able to bounce back and be the same Caron Butler he was in his rookie year? Caron is a great player but could be better and his minutes have decreased since his rookie year thats a factor for his averages.

Caron Butlers Career Averages:</div>

http://www.justbball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26628

9. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

Darn someone beat me to making a thread about him. Well could a mod merge these or take out my thread because he beat me to it?

10. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

^^merged^^

11. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

Is this kid for real? Two straight 20 point games and he is looking like he is getting in a groove with the Laker offense. Will he keep this up for the rest of the season? I know he will get more minutes based solely on his defense.

12. jdub

jdub JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting heatfan:</div><div class="quote_post">Lakers look good so far. You guys have a good, young, athletic team. Much like Miami had last season.

I wish all the best to the new Lakers, especially Caron Butler. <font color="Red">Mark my words:</font> We have not seen the best of Caron yet. This guy went under the radar in the Shaq trade but he is a good player who will only get better. He struggled last season with the Heat, because he forced an early return from knee surgery. I have followed Caron carefully from day 1 with the Heat, and I can tell you he will make the Lakers a much better team.

During the last month of Caron's rookie year he averaged almost 22 ppg when he was the main option (Eddie Jones was injured, and Wade was still at Marquette) with the Heat. In my opinion he should of been rookie of the year. He led all rookies in points, minutes, and steals. Plus he is a solid defender. I was there when he dropped 35 points against the T-Wolves his rookie year. It looks like his legs are back under him, so don't sleep on Caron!

Can't wait for the X-Mas game. <font color="Red">Go HEat !!!</font></div>

He did have a pretty good rookie season, but picking him for rookie of the year over Amare Stoudemrie and Yao Ming is just going a bit far.

13. Cody 7k

Cody 7k JBB JustBBall Member

I've always loved this guy, since his rookie season. I was excited when I found out he was a Laker in the trade that sent Shaq to Miami.

14. gubagangsta

gubagangsta JBB JustBBall Member

Caron Butler was the best player you guys got in the Shaq trade. I personally wanted the heat to give up a second 1st round draft pick so we could keep Butler. Mark my words if Kobe and Rudy T continue to let Caron get his shot attempts he'll be a great sidekick for Kobe.

15. Jumpman

Jumpman And Your Nominees Are...

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting gubagangsta:</div><div class="quote_post">Caron Butler was the best player you guys got in the Shaq trade. I personally wanted the heat to give up a second 1st round draft pick so we could keep Butler. Mark my words if Kobe and Rudy T continue to let Caron get his shot attempts he'll be a great sidekick for Kobe.</div>

I wouldn't say the best. Since Lamar is probably the best player they got from the deal. But I'm really liking Caron. SO far he has been the Lakers Xfactor IMO. He had a great game yesterday too, with 23 PTS.

16. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Caron has definitely impressed thus far. He's having a good 04-05 campaign currently, but the big question is, can he keep it up? I'd love to see him do it. Give the Lakers 3 good offensive options (Kobe, Odom, Butler), and then have Mihm to do the dirty work. If they can keep him playing at this level, keep Kobe going, and get Odom to play better, the Lakers will be a tough matchup for any team.

17. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

The more I watch the Lakers play, the more Im feelin a trio of lakers as the stars. Bryant, Butler and Odom. Not two anymore

18. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

I agree he's good but he needs to work on his outside shooting...he's a perfect running mate for Kobe tho, and I'm loving how the Lakers are playing this season...they're one of the most exciting teams to watch although they need to step up defensively to be taken seriously...

19. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

They need to protect the rock. They turnover the ball way to much. Even in their wins

20. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Caron is one of my favorite players and I do think that he was the best player we got in the Shaq deal or it was a tie between Caron and Lamar. I hope Caron can bounce back and be the Caron Butler he was in his rookie campaign.