Cavaliers 106 @ Raptors 92

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by redscoon, Mar 9, 2004.

1. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

106/92 Cavs win!

Box Score

Z was the player of the game going for 30, 6, and 4

Our bench gave us 36, 18, and 9, just massive

2. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

106-92. Good guys win.

30+ points off the bench. Nailon shows again that he can be a spark when on his game. Wagner showed some signs, while Battie kept firing them up. Brief Diop and Kapono sighting.

But the star of the day on limited minutes was Ilgauskas. Dominating his mismatches of late, which is turning the Cavs into more than just a contender. James struggled yet we dominated. Thats something too.

3. coolhandluke

coolhandluke JBB JustBBall Member

Great game by the Cav's, putting another win under their belt.
    Z had a great game with 30 points, but the guy who suprised me the most was Lee Nailon. He came out strong leading the bench scoring with 15 points, he also had 4 rebounds.

Cav's looking very good lately, but they need to make sure they finish the season strong.

4. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

Cavs bench came up huge tonight. Nailon stepping up big giving us some valuable points from the small forward position.

Z was great, being aggressive and taking smart shots.

Lakers are up on the Celts in the 4th, Heat are beating the Hornets at halftime.

McGrady has 57 in the 4th for the Magic.

5. NarlCavs

NarlCavs JBB JustBBall Member

Great team wide performance. Z was huge. Toronto had no one to stop him. Even Nailon and Ollie hit key shots. The bench did a solid job so Silas could for once rest his starters.
    It's kind of scary how well this team is playing right now.

6. KarmaCav

We are now equal with the Knicks in 6th. But ahead because of our matchup advantage. True???

Boston are going down, so we are now a game ahead of them.

Miami up narrowly over the Hornets. C'mon New Orleans, you are playing for home court over Milwaukee!

7. jbbKing James

Yes, we would be tied with the Knicks record wise but have the 6th spot because we hold the tie breaker.

[​IMG]

8. KarmaCav

6th spot and the Pistons in round 1. Damn Detroit are hot. Up on the Bulls by 34. Tight one in New Orleans with Miami up 1 with 3 to go in the 3rd.

How this season has turned around!

9. jbbKing James

Cleveland 106, Toronto 92

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> Zydrunas Ilgauskas scored 30 points as the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Toronto Raptors 106-92 Wednesday night for their fifth straight victory -- their longest winning streak in four years.

Carlos Boozer added 11 points and 13 rebounds for the Cavaliers, who hadn't won five in a row since December, 2000.

Cleveland won its 11th road game, its most since 1997-98 -- the last time the Cavs made the playoffs.

LeBron James added 14 points as Cleveland moved two games ahead of Toronto in the Eastern Conference playoff race. The Cavaliers have won 14 of their past 18 games against Eastern opponents.
    </div>

Full Story

10. thajuiceman

thajuiceman JBB JustBBall Member

HUGE WIN! Great game by the bench! They, along with Z, won this game for us. The difference maker. Lee Nailon. I sure hope he's eligible for the playoffs. It would be a shame if he couldn't share in what he helped to accomplish.

11. CBBI

CBBI JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thajuiceman:</div><div class="quote_post">HUGE WIN! Great game by the bench! They, along with Z, won this game for us. The difference maker. Lee Nailon. I sure hope he's eligible for the playoffs. It would be a shame if he couldn't share in what he helped to accomplish.</div>

Don't worry.

He is.

12. Amherstcavsfan

Amherstcavsfan JBB JustBBall Member

I actually want Miami to win that game against N.O. because the cavs aren't too far behind the 5th spot. Just saying, Mil or Det, it's your choice, I think *and know* we can beat both teams. I am looking at the worst, Cavs win first round and get swept in the second.

13. KarmaCav

New Orleans with the win. We are 6th officially with NY 7th tied at the same record while Boston sit behind in 8th. Good to have the Heat a little further back as they are a threat! Toronto continue to slide back while Phili are off pace.

Fro now on, destiny is only in our hands. We win the games, we are in 6th. No longer are we dependant on other results.

14. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Z is totally unstoppable right now. He is on a streak and the main reason we are winning games.

15. KarmaCav

Another recap

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">TORONTO (AP) -- LeBron James didn't think he'd able to turn around the Cleveland Cavaliers this quickly.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas scored 30 points as the Cavaliers beat the Toronto Raptors 106-92 Wednesday night for their fifth straight victory -- their longest winning streak in four years.

Carlos Boozer added 11 points and 13 rebounds for the Cavaliers, who hadn't won five in a row since December, 2000.

``I didn't know if I was going to help us win more games than last year. I just wanted to make an impact,'' said James, whose team is 29-36 after going 17-65 last season. ``I've been able to do that even more than I thought I could.'' </div>

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylc=X3o...4031028&prov=ap

16. DJRaz

DJRaz JBB JustBBall Member

bosh on boozer's poster?

did anyone else see that first quarter dunk by boozer over bosh? boozer went with the left and hammered right over bosh who went for a weak dunk.

nice dunk, hopefully it gets some props on nba fastbreak here in 2 minutes.

17. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Moved the Cavaliers forum. Please try and utlilise the team forums.

18. CBBI

We control our own destiny.

Hopefully we can win 10 more games or so and finish 6th.

19. CBBI

That dunk-fest in the first quarter was a thing of beauty.

Boozer's dunk over Bosh was sick, Z's slam was ferocious and LeBron's catch and touch pass to Boozer was jaw dropping.

It was really really nice to watch.

20. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

Great game! And thanx Cavs, my bestfriend is a Raptors fan, and you should seen I said to him that Cavs was the best of them, thorugh the whole schoolday :P
    T-Mac with 62 points? Unbelivable :P