Cavaliers 108 @ Hawks 102

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by KarmaCav, Mar 7, 2004.

1. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

Another game we have 3 20 point scorers!!!

Hold onto it!!!

Make the free throws!!!

Just keep making the free throws and that 4 game streak is ours!!!!

2. Skywzrd

Skywzrd JBB JustBBall Member

Good guys win. Game over. [​IMG]

3. KarmaCav

Thank god for that!!!

Too close for comfort!!

4 game win streak!!! Finally

The big 3 big again!!!!

4. polarbear

polarbear JBB JustBBall Member

a win is a win, we were lookin ahead to toronto after the 1st quarter it looks like, but now we can focus on them. great job to get it together, atlanta is no pushover at home.

5. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

It looks like our small forward woes are back after Nailon's momentary help.

EWill with 3, Nailon with 1, and Newble with 2. Thats not going to cut it.

Outrebounded and 12 missed free throws? Luckily we were playing the Hawks.

6. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

This one would have been a huge heartbreaker if we failed to win. Good to see Z getting the job done.

7. CBBI

CBBI JBB JustBBall Member

Whew!!!

It was awful watching them blow that 20 point lead but a win is a win!!

8. KarmaCav

Our thread numbers are back up!!!

With our four small forwards on the active roster, you would like to think one can step it up each game. Williams was disappointing!!!

James and Z were big time down the stretch!

I cant believe that team had us in major foul trouble!!!

SJax played 48 minutes! Toiled hard with Crawford, Terry and Collier in his his first NBA game of the year!

We are now =7th with Boston with Toronto and Miami 1/2 game behind!

1 game away from 6th (NY)

Sorry bout the double posts!

9. Amherstcavsfan

Amherstcavsfan JBB JustBBall Member

Did anyone see the almost fight between Jackson and Boozer? I wish Jackson would have attacked, Boozer would have body slamed him or something crazy. Plus the Hawks wouldn't have given us the, well, game. But like a good playoff team, overcome adversity and beat teams that might have caught you off guard. Good Win for the Cavs, and stay tied for the 7th spot and 1 game behind the Knickerbockers for the 6th seed.

10. KarmaCav

I'm out peoples!!!

Talk Cavs soon!

11. coolhandluke

coolhandluke JBB JustBBall Member

Not a pretty win, (espically after being up by 20) but I'll take a win.
    Cav's are looking good they just need to keep it up, and they should find a place in the playoffs.

12. cavaliersfan25

cavaliersfan25 JBB JustBBall Member

I swear these kind of games take 5 years off of my life. However, I think it was good for them to experience that kind of adversity....it should help them out in the long run. But I can't take these every night. The bench has turned into just 5 other guys giving rests to the starters, while providing no offense or stability on the court...that will be this teams biggest issue down the stretch. Hopefully somebody *coughWAGNERcough* can step up to provide that spark off the bench.

13. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

Actually, we are tied with the Celtics for 7th, 1/2 game ahead of the Heat and Ratptors, 1 game behind the Knicks.

The Knicks and Celts play tomorrow, so thats a win/win situation for us. Preferably, the Celts win so that we even up the losses with the Knicks.

The Sixers beat the Bucks tonight to remain 2 behind us. Its too bad the Cavs couldn't have got hot a week earlier or we'd be right on the Hornets and Bucks who each have 30 losses.

14. PG2

PG2 JBB JustBBall Member

The cavs won??? wow, with the way they were playing that game i woulda expected them to lose by like 20.

15. polarbear

polarbear JBB JustBBall Member

wednesday is our biggest game of the year to date. i know i know, we'll say that about every game from here on out, but this 1 really is, especially for tie breaker purposes at the end of the year. i didnt catch any of the game live tonight, only the gamecast from espn. from what i saw in numbers, lebron is a superstar, z picked it up at the end, e will stunk, and stephen jackson is our new best friend when the season is over, but he best learn to get along with booz, i think thats just a little competetive fire fight that happens to just about any 2 players at some pt.

16. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Great win by the Cavs, I told you guys it would be a test though, and I was right.

James, Boozer, and Z were just amazing again, what more can you say about those 3?

On some side notes, please don't think I'm an ass, but try and cut out the double posting, you can add more to your post (if you are the last one to have posted) by clicking on the "Edit" tab to the right. I would like to see some more depth to the posts as well.

Thanks for all the posts though fellas.

17. NarlCavs

NarlCavs JBB JustBBall Member

There's no way they should have let this Atlanta team get back in the game but at least they were able to hold on to pull it out. There's no excuse for letting a player like Collier be able to score the way he did tonight.
    Not much help for the big 3 tonight. The bench has to step it up consistently.
    I think we saw after a terrible 2 minute stint tonight that Wagner is not and never will be a PG.

I like the idea of possibly adding Stephen Jackson in the offseason. He was one of the few Hawks giving an effort in the early going and the fire he showed, although a little stupid, would help the Cavs. The guy is a versatile player and his 3 point shooting would be a huge addition. I don't think the Cavs will be able to add that "big timer" this offseason so Jackson would be a solid consolation.

18. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

This is a great win for the Cavs... they gotta hold on to their rhytm and play their remaining games this way... this is a big win, don't forget the Raptors on Wednesday too... we got to get that win!

19. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Cleveland 108, Atlanta 102

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> LeBron James slumped in a chair in front of his locker, wearing only a pair of boxer shorts and a run-down expression.

``I'm so tired I can't get dressed,'' he said to no one in particular.

Imagine how the Atlanta Hawks felt?

James had 34 points -- his 10th game this season with more than 30 -- and made three free throws in the final minute to help the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Hawks 108-102 Monday night.

The Cavaliers won their fourth in a row to take a half-game lead over idle Miami and Toronto for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. After a trip to Toronto on Wednesday night to play the Raptors, Cleveland returns home for five straight.

``We needed this win,'' James said. ``We've been doing everything the last two weeks.''
    </div>

Full Story Box Score

20. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I wish Jackson would have attacked, Boozer would have body slamed him or something crazy.</div>

I wouldn't have wanted to see that at all. We don't need our starting PF to get suspended during our playoff race. That would have been so stupid if it had happend.