Cavaliers 84 @ Rockets 90

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by Glen Infante, Feb 24, 2004.

1. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think you can say Wagner kept us in it. He is such a liability on defense. Yao got that dunk because Wagner let Mobley get wide open so someone had to rotate leaving Yao open.

We choke at 3 wins again. Silas continues to give me doubts. Kapono gets what 5 minutes after carrying the team on his back against the Hornets?

Damn this team is frustrating.

2. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

We could not score tonight, Wagner hit some huge buckets for us late, I'll give him that. He also mode a good decision to get Jeff the ball when he made that 3 point play.

Without Wags, it is not as close as it was.

Anyway, refs stunk in those one, the Rockets aggressive play took us right out of our game.

3. CBBI

CBBI JBB JustBBall Member

LOL no one talking about The Chosen One having an awful night.

McInnis, Boozer, and Battie were all really good tonight.

4. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

Shame Z couldn't hit inside 24 feet!

We played bad, and stayed in the game, so thats one thing I guess!

At least other results cushioned this lost.

3 must win games ahead against struggling non playoff teams!

5. Joesanity

Joesanity JBB JustBBall Member

Does anyone complain more than Cuttino Mobley?

I mean, seriously.

6. CBBI

Its not a total loss.... all the other teams we care about also lost tonight.

We need to go on a nice three game winning streak again.

7. redscoon

You have to take Wags out defensively late in games. We should've brought in Ollie for defensive puproses and worked offense for defense switches. Ollie could've been on Mobley when it was a two point game instead of McInnis whose back was giving him fits.

This was a combination of poor execution and poor coaching. Everyone wants to praise Silas when we win games, but even when we win, we do it extremely ugly the majority of the time.

He frustrates the hell out of me with his roations. Sitting Booz and Lebron for 5 minutes to start the 4th allowing the Rockets to go from down 1 to up 5. Its hard to make up 5 points in 5 minutes late in a game against a team as methodic as the Rockets.

This is a tough one to swallow.

8. Blinger0723

Blinger0723 JBB JustBBall Member

I am begining to dislike silas. He benches lebron a-lot in the 4th quarter, he benched him and boozer the 1st 6 minutes today in the 4th quarter. I would like to see Kedrick in the game a little more. Lebron didnt look like he was in the game.

9. Yes!AndTheFoul!

Yes!AndTheFoul! JBB JustBBall Member

You know the game isn't going well when Z steps out to hit a 3. LOL!

10. redscoon

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CBBI:</div><div class="quote_post">LOL no one talking about The Chosen One having an awful night.

McInnis, Boozer, and Battie were all really good tonight.</div>

Lebron fell into the habit of not taking it strong to the hole again. He hit a few jumpers early in the 3rd and it looked like he was ready to take over, but then he disappeared.

Boozer did a vanishing act on the boards after the 1st. We gave up way too many 2nd and 3rd opportunities in the 2nd half. Even if they don't score, they get to waste 45 seconds or so on one possession, which they did a couple times late in the game.

Shooting in the 60's percentage-wise from the free throw line also isn't going to help you out much.

11. CBBI

Anyone else think Kedrick could have played better defense on Mobley then Wagner or McInnis?

Anyone?

12. tankster

tankster JBB JustBBall Member

Boozers vanishing act, came as a result of sitting out major minutes in the second and fourth quarters. In case no one has noticed, thats happened frequently. Silas has a habit of giving the hook to a player just when he's getting hot. Then when they finally get back in the game, many times they've grown cold and have a difficult time getting back into the flow!! How do you sit your best when the games on the line???

Just the way I see it.............Tank

13. redscoon

Silas just isn't an Xs and Os coach. I don't think we've won a game this year because of his extraordinary coaching abilities. I just think that he is a motivator and a teacher. I really wish we could come up with a better assistant coaching staff.

14. CBBI

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting redscoon:</div><div class="quote_post">Silas just isn't an Xs and Os coach. I don't think we've won a game this year because of his extraordinary coaching abilities. I just think that he is a motivator and a teacher. I really wish we could come up with a better assistant coaching staff.</div>

Jim O'Brien!

15. West Remy

West Remy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CBBI:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyone else think Kedrick could have played better defense on Mobley then Wagner or McInnis?

Anyone?</div>

I think if you wanted defense, Brown would be the best choice because of his superior defense and his height. Even if McInnis or Ollie continued to check Mobley, Mobley could continue to post them both up because he is taller and more athletic than either one of them. The same cannot be said for Brown who is taller and more athletic than Mobley.

----

About Wagner, his one drive at the end wasn't his fault. He was looking for help and all his teammates ran away, forcing him to shoot that scooping shot that missed. He didn't want to shoot it but his teammates assumed he would and backed off.

16. Price for thREE

Price for thREE JBB JustBBall Member

Tough game to watch although I thought we battled well all the way to the end. Tank I was thinking the same thing about Boozer in the 4th. Silas waited a few possessions too long to bring him back in just when the game was getting away from us a little. Kapono didn't do much but I'd still like to see him play more and have some plays specifically run for him.

We played hard and lost fair and square. I'm not too upset. At least we didn't get ripped off like the Nuggets did vs. the Lakers. Did anybody watch the end of that game?

17. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Good game played tonight by both teams. Cavs tried their best to cut the lead but Mobley was just too much for Cleveland to take care of. He dogged the Cavs all night. I agree on Silias' bad rotation tonight. If they want to rest our big dogs, rest them in the end of the 3rd. I feel LeBron and Booz should both be playing the whole fourth quarter in every game.

18. mustafa_shakur

mustafa_shakur JBB JustBBall Member

James was bad, Eric Williams was bad, Battie really wasn't very good. Even with all that, if we had a little bit of spark of the bench we could have pulled that one out.

Most of all Silas was bad.

19. coolhandluke

coolhandluke JBB JustBBall Member

I don't know what happed. We just didn't look like a team out there last night. No one caught fire, and the players that did score would have a short scoring spert, and then loss it again. Hopefully it was just a fluke game.

20. tankster

tankster JBB JustBBall Member

"What Happened" is this!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">With the game still on the line, the Rockets let Mobley go to work on DaJuan Wagner, taken with the sixth pick in the 2002 draft, and found a mismatch.</div>

That was VanGundy, with his take on the difference at the end. It was a combination of Mobley and Weatherspoon that did us in down the stretch. Incidentaly, Weatherspoon did most of his 4th quarter damage while Boozer was on the bench!!

Chalk this one up to Silas' not pulling the right strings when it came crunchtime!!.............Thats how I see it!....

Tank................