Cavaliers 84 @ Rockets 90

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by Glen Infante, Feb 24, 2004.

1. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

As an overview, not one player in the Cavaliers lineup played to their ability!!! That generally means a negative result!!!

2. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

I didn't see the game, but it sounded like things didn't bode do well. Don't feel too badly though, you were facing a very powerful defensive team. They are not #2 in points allowed 85.1, for nothing.

Being beaten by 6 is really great, from the sounds of it though, you weren't playing at your best, so maybe had you done so you wouldn't have been robbed. Tough luck, you'll do better next time.

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

This was a very winnable game for the Cavs, but some bad mental mistakes on defense cost them. They struggled with the Rockets pick and roll which left either Yao open for an easy dunk or a wide open jumper

However this game shows Cavs are competing much better now than they were a few months ago. To go into Houston who are battling for the 6th seed in the tough western conference and take them all the way shows how much the Cavs have grown over the course of the season.

4. thajuiceman

thajuiceman JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">

Boxing match indeed, hard fouls, hits, to the face, and pushing.

</div>

I loved it! Ira took out Francis on a breakaway, and Z shoved Yao back after constantly battling. If one thing good came out of this game, we showed some heart out there!

"I didn't closeline Steve Francis, he headbutted my forearm!!"
    -Ira Newble

5. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thajuiceman:</div><div class="quote_post">I loved it! Ira took out Francis on a breakaway, and Z shoved Yao back after constantly battling. If one thing good came out of this game, we showed some heart out there!

"I didn't closeline Steve Francis, he headbutted my forearm!!"
    -Ira Newble</div>

Ira certainly plays hard, and apart from the opening minutes played ok!

I love that quote!

6. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

Its about time the Cavs start fouling players hard rather than giving them a little push, or a tap on the arm that doesn't keep the player from converting the basket. If you are going to waste a foul, you might as well make it a good one.

7. tankster

tankster JBB JustBBall Member

Particularly with our backcourt playing such miserable defense at times, thats something our front line needs to take under consideration. Teams are beginning to drive the lane on us with impunity. If they want the real estate, you need to make em pay!!

I think Boozers game is incredible. And even his D is improving each game!...........But I was thinking the other day, if there was a way to lock him up in the gym for the summer with Brian Grant, he'd learn about interior defense in a hurry!!....Tank