Cavaliers' Korver enjoying life on team that often ended his playoffs

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by truebluefan, Jan 20, 2017.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Since joining the Cleveland Cavaliers during their longest road trip of the season, Kyle Korver has encountered plenty of firsts.

He played his first game with the Cavaliers Tuesday in Utah. He went through his first shootaround on Friday morning in Sacramento and buried his first 3-pointer later that night. He had his first official practice on Sunday afternoon at the Olympic Club in San Francisco. One day later, he got his first taste of the Cavs-Warriors rivalry.

On Wednesday, there was another first for Cleveland's midseason addition, as Korver walked into Cleveland Clinic Courts, the team's practice facility, for the first time.

"I was talking to my wife last night and I finally got to see my family in Cleveland yesterday," Korver said. "It's like, "OK, I think we are Cavs now.' Made it to the city. We're all here. Until some things kind of fall into place off the court, too, things don't really feel like it's all the way real and settled. It's good to have my family here. That makes it feel more settling. Good to be here at this amazing practice facility. This place is nice."

It's the second time Korver has been dealt during the season. It happened in late December during the 2007-08 campaign when he was sent from Philadelphia to Utah. That trade worked out well. Korver ended up meeting his wife in Utah. He also made the playoffs three straight years before moving on to Chicago.

- See more at: http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2017/01/kyle_korver_says_hes_getting_b.html