Cavaliers Trading Thread

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by jbbKing James, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Actually, we need someone to help LeBron score.

2. Amherstcavsfan

Amherstcavsfan JBB JustBBall Member

We just need a player who can come off the bench and score, LeBron has enough scorers in the starting lineup, it's time to get him someone who will play D and not act to "pretty" like everyone in the starting line-up.

3. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Amherstcavsfan:</div><div class="quote_post">We just need a player who can come off the bench and score, LeBron has enough scorers in the starting lineup, it's time to get him someone who will play D and not act to "pretty" like everyone in the starting line-up.</div>

We have that guy, his name is Eric Williams, we need a starting small forward that can shoot.

4. Amherstcavsfan

Amherstcavsfan JBB JustBBall Member

See I was thinking in terms that Eric is starting at small foreward, plus if we made a trade for a pg, then this guy by the name of LeBron James will be the small forward, I've heard he is pretty good :P [​IMG]

5. Glen Infante

no one on our starting line up has a pure jump shot. and thats what we need to trade for. we dont need swift, we dont need ratliff, we dont need rasheed, we a shooter!

6. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr_Infante:</div><div class="quote_post">no one on our starting line up has a pure jump shot. and thats what we need to trade for. we dont need swift, we dont need ratliff, we dont need rasheed, we a shooter!</div>

Bingo! Slam Dunk! Hole In One! Dude, I just got Laid!

Ok, maybe I went too far with that last one, but you hit the nail right on the....head.

7. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

If we need a good shooter, I'd take Jason Terry! But I would like a good smallforward that can shoot, so I would trade Jiri Welsh from Boston![​IMG]
    He's a great shooter at that posistion!

8. jbbKing James

I would not reject Jason Terry, I feel he wants out badly, and it has shown in his lack of effort on the court.

If he would give us at the very least 15 points a game it would be golden for this franchise to have that consistent outside threat.

9. Glen Infante

Terry would be a definatly be the ideal person to get. Along with Ratliff to help out on the post. If we got Terry it would be smooth sailing the rest of the way. well mabey not that smooth. but a huge improvement in turnoevers, steals, and more fast break opportunities, which is the cavs game. note: (they are a transition team.) [​IMG]

10. jbbKing James

I just heard that many GM's thought that the Cavaliers were close to getting Keith Van Horn last week for Ilgauskas.

Opinions on that people?

He can shoot, run the floor, and finish, that helps the Cavs.

I don't like his D and inconsistency however.

11. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Kieth Van Horn wouldnt work well with LBJ and Dajuan i dont think that the cavs should get him for z, they should get a center or a power forward.

12. Blinger0723

Blinger0723 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">I just heard that many GM's thought that the Cavaliers were close to getting Keith Van Horn last week for Ilgauskas.

Opinions on that people?

He can shoot, run the floor, and finish, that helps the Cavs.

I don't like his D and inconsistency however.</div>

NOOOOOOO. Not him his contract is way to much and for to many years i rather have jamison and make them throw in delk.

13. Glen Infante

I'd take Van Horn. He's tall, and he can shoot, he can run, rebound, and finish. He plays great during crunch time. He is capable of 20 a night. As for defense, it would come. A player just can't be good at defense, they have to "want" to play defense. And currently the Cavs just don't want to.

14. Glen Infante

Shareef???

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"A source close to Shareef Abdur-Rahim reports last week's 46-point thrashing by the Lakers was just about ``the last straw'' and he wants out of Atlanta. Abdur-Rahim would look good in wine and gold because he can score inside and out and is a power rebounder. The Cavaliers want another star to play with LeBron James and need more scoring. They could make a deal for Abdur-Rahim work because he has an identical contract to Zydrunas Ilgauskas. They'd even throw in a No. 1 draft pick. But it would take a third team to get involved because the Hawks don't want ``Z'' -- even though a lot of teams do. Atlanta would rather get some young players and draft picks. The problem is, Abdur-Rahim plays Carlos Boozer's position and Boozer is considered a cornerstone right now." Akron Beacon-Journal </div>

source: http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Comments?

15. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr_Infante:</div><div class="quote_post">source: http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Comments?</div>

I love 'Reef's game..but in my mind the Cavs should keep Carlos and let him and 'Bron and the rest of those guys gel and develop together. I wouldn't bring in 'Reef...not because I don't think he's good because he is...I just think Booz will be awesome and hard to contain in a couple seasons.

16. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

He provides a solid 2nd scoring option that the Cavs desperately need. However he is also knocked for his lack of defensive ability. Of course, this could be said about the entire Cavs roster already. I wouldn't mind acquiring him since his contract is up at the same time Z's is, so we wouldn't be adding any long term, hand tieing contracts.

The obvious concern is that he and Boozer play the same position. Boozer has been playing too well to warrant a spot on the bench, so we would almost need Shareef to play the small forward spot, but I'm not sure if he can handle opposing 3s at the defensive end.

17. Glen Infante

If he was aquired i would believe they would make him a 3. He has played that postion plenty of times to be able to start there. With the deduction of Z. It would be: Battie, Boozer and Abdur-Rahim. Not bad front line.

18. jbbKing James

I too would play Reef at the SF and go with a big lineup. I would love to have him here because he can score by himself in the half court set, I can't tell you how much we need that.

Only knack is he has been in the league a little while now, and has always been on some bad teams. I just hope that is some bad luck (with Grizz and Hawks you get a lot of that)

19. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

If you guys need a shooter, you guys got a great one in Kapono. You'll just have to sacrifice D, a lot of it....

20. nextCAVSowner

nextCAVSowner JBB JustBBall Member

id take jamison for z any day and throw in a draft pick. jamison will cost some money though. i wanna get rid of z, he really makes the cavs frustrating to watch, because he cant fight through double teams. when he does then he makes a turnover. and he has atleast 1 travel a game. also he is late on defense. he will get shot blocks, but he is 7'3 what guy thats 7'3 wouldnt get a shot block. he is to slow and clumsy and expensive. get rid of him for some tater tots for all i care