Cavaliers Trading Thread

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by jbbKing James, Jan 5, 2004.

1. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Cavaliers insiders insist Zydrunas Ilgauskas is staying put for the rest of the season, despite trade rumors. He is making more of an effort on defense, and Silas might want to consider playing him more at the end of games, when the Cavaliers' offense bogs down and they need someone to score inside, or even make a jumper from the foul line.</div>

Full Story

2. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Denver seems to have some interest in Z.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">With the NBA trading deadline less than a month away, the Nuggets could be thinking about getting bigger.

While nothing is imminent, the Nuggets are in need of bulk and have some interest in making a move to get it. Among the big men reportedly being shopped are Atlanta forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Chicago center Eddy Curry, Los Angeles Clippers forward-center Melvin Ely, Orlando forward Juwan Howard, Cleveland center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Dallas forward Antawn Jamison, Atlanta center Theo Ratliff, New York forward-center Kurt Thomas and Portland forward Rasheed Wallace
    .</div>

source:http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,3...1917192,00.html

3. ShakeAndBake23

ShakeAndBake23 JBB JustBBall Member

I would liek to see either Stromile, Rasheed. Vanhorn, or Jamison.

I would liek either Stro, Rasheed, Van horn. or Jamison heck i would take Marion to if there lookinh to trade him. But we need a Center to contend with west.

4. Gameday77

Gameday77 JBB JustBBall Member

well I am the first to admit I was a front runner for the get rid of Z mob, but lately u can see a change in his posture and play. ever since the ostertag fight/gurl hand swipe.... Z has been much more aggressive on the court Especially defensively as evidenced of how he laid out t-mac the other night, flagrant foul called but it made a point to t-mac about coming in the paint etc. If he continues this type of intensity and defensive play I see no need in getting rid of him this year, he can help us make a run at the playoff's playing like this.

5. ShakeAndBake23

Yea Z is playing well. He has picked up his defensive intensity and he's actually getting rebounds. I have to give him credit he's willing to work, and the only way we'll be able to contend with the west is with size and toughness and right now Z has that. Keep him and like gameday said let him help us make a playoff run this year.

6. jbbKing James

Long as Z keeps this up we don't have to trade him. He does have 1 more year on his contract.

7. ShakeAndBake23

Yea but he has a clause.

8. Burn

Burn JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ShakeAndBake23:</div><div class="quote_post">Yea but he has a clause.</div>

EXACTLY!!

I think at the end of this season, SOMEBODY will pick him up for the 14 million that his clause states. Then I see us signing someone like Rasheed Wallace. That just makes the most sense to me.

Burn

9. thajuiceman

thajuiceman JBB JustBBall Member

Steven A. Smith suggested Dajuan Wagner and Kevin Ollie for Rueben Patterson tonite on NBA Shootaround.

What do you think?

I think it sucks.....I know we need another forward/big man who is athletic and aggressive. But Wagner is gonna be a key component to our team in the future.

10. coolhandluke

coolhandluke JBB JustBBall Member

THe cav's could use Wally on the team and the T-wolves are looking for a big guy, but i'm not sure that the T-wolves are willing to trade Wally at this time

11. Glen Infante

Wag for Smith? I wouldn't do it. Smith is a great shooter, but Wag is a rising star.

12. jbbKing James

I would like to allow Patterson a chance to play for his home team, but not for Wagner.

Sure we could come up with something more even, because we could use him with the way he attacks the basket and is aggressive.

13. Glen Infante

If they threw in another younger player and we throw in Boom-Boom, then mabey I will consider it.

14. Burn

Burn JBB JustBBall Member

Why do so many people want to get rid of Wagner? It confuses me...

I don't want Patterson personally. I mean, he's what...29 now? He hasn't proven to be anything special at all...and wasn't he like..tried for rape or something? Bottom line is that Patterson is averaging 8 points per game...and he can't shoot the three (thrown in with his age). Wagner is averaging the same amount of points..in 5 less minutes per game. We're also not going to forget that Wagner is now, what...20?

Not a good trade...not for Patterson. If you want Patterson...

Give them Brown, Bremer, and Boom Boom for Patterson, and Qyntel Woods.

That's the only trade I could see that might be worth something for both teams.

Burn

15. Glen Infante

Boom back to Portland....bahah. More basketballs to be thrown at him.

16. jbbKing James

OK, I have had enough.

This teams needs a 3 point threat ASAP. We can't win unless the other team has 2 guys injured or more or unless Bron or Boozer go off. It is just too easy for teams to defend us not having to spread the floor. If Iw as LeBron I would be sick of having to drive to the basket every single time too just to get something started. He has been taking a beating and we can't really afford for him to get injured again.

I also want someone who is a defensive fanatic. if I am Jim Paxon I attack Chris Andersen and try to keep him here.

I like what McInnis can do, but Jason Terry would be a much better fit.

GRR, ok, I'm done.

17. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

I agree with you, it would been great with Jason Terry here to shoot!
    I want to get rid of Z! Maybe trade him for Olowokandi or Dampier, we would get a much better center then!

18. Glen Infante

I want an unstoppable transition team like New Jersey. When Battie is healthy I would like him to start and help run breaks. Trade away Z for someone to fill in the SF spot.

19. jbbKing James

^NO!

Trade him for someone who could fill the 2 spot, a deadly shooter, and move James to the SF [​IMG]

20. Glen Infante

^That would work too. But I like LeBron in the backcourt.