Cavaliers vs Pistons Game 5 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by MrBigShot_23, May 17, 2006.

1. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

Hamilton should have actually took that three or atempted a freakin shot. Pistons better start scoring or their going to lose this series.

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I forgot who inbounded the pass, but Sheed had a wide open look from the top of the key. Rip definitely should have made an attempt to shoot it. Still, the Cavs lead this game the entire way through they deserved to win it.

3. Lostmyluggage

Lostmyluggage JBB JustBBall Member

As long as I sport my "I am witness" shirt, the cavs should win the next game also. Good effort by McDy though. The foul call on Sheed was bs, he didn't mean to hit anderson in the face. He was just trying to get the rebound.

4. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

Its funny how Piston fans lose 3 games in a row and are in risk of losing the series and suddlenly the spirit is raised out of them and pounded to the ground.

It is understandable since you haven't had a losing streak over 2 until now...but I would like to remind you that you are the best team in the league this year and this is just a set back. If you lose then you didn't live up to potential...If you win, well its just another week for the pistons.

5. Lostmyluggage

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TmacGarnett:</div><div class="quote_post">Its funny how Piston fans lose 3 games in a row and are in risk of losing the series and suddlenly the spirit is raised out of them and pounded to the ground.

It is understandable since you haven't had a losing streak over 2 until now...but I would like to remind you that you are the best team in the league this year and this is just a set back. If you lose then you didn't live up to potential...If you win, well its just another week for the pistons.</div>

It's not that they didn't live up to the potential. As great as they are they are playing against a 21 year old phenom. The losses are understandable.

6. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Lostmyluggage:</div><div class="quote_post">It's not that they didn't live up to the potential. As great as they are they are playing against a 21 year old phenom. The losses are understandable.</div>

No they are just playing like crap. Most of it is due to the Cavs, but they are missing an uncharacteristic amount of wide open shots.

To say that they are playing good basketball, but just losing is just ignorant.

7. thekinglbj23

thekinglbj23 JBB JustBBall Member

All You Piston Fans Are So Scared Its Funny. Lol.
    Theres Always Next Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. NTC

NTC Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thekinglbj23:</div><div class="quote_post">All You Piston Fans Are So Scared Its Funny. Lol.
    Theres Always Next Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</div>

Scared of what? We've made 2 consecutive finals appearances, won a championship and had a league best record of 64-18 all in the past 3 seasons. So what if we dont advance? We cant win forever, our downfall is going to come at some stage, if its now, well then so be it.

Even if the Cavaliers do beat us, theres no chance in hell they're winning the finals, so Cavs fans dont get too ahead of yourselves.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">It's not that they didn't live up to the potential. As great as they are they are playing against a 21 year old phenom. The losses are understandable.</div>

Oh please, get over yourself. If LeBron was as great as you ignorant fools are saying, he would've been in this situation back in 2003-2004, but he wasnt.

9. Leonardo

Leonardo JBB Banned Member

Dumbest way to end your post right there.

LeBron didn't make it because of lack of role players. How the heck is the cavs going to make the playoffs with out any help?

i just smell another salty piston fan.

10. NTC

NTC Active Member

And you just proved my point, without a decent supporting cast, LeBron cant get anywhere.

He is a great player, dont get me wrong, I'm just sick of people talking about LeBron like he is the second coming of jesus. Such garbage as this:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">It's not that they didn't live up to the potential. As great as they are they are playing against a 21 year old phenom. The losses are understandable.</div>

I'm not "salty" at all.

11. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    ^^well duh. Every player needs a decent supporting cast.

12. NTC

NTC Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting authentiq:</div><div class="quote_post">^^well duh. Every player needs a decent supporting cast.</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Lostmyluggage:</div><div class="quote_post">As great as they are they are playing against a 21 year old phenom. The losses are understandable.</div>

Thats the kind of comments (the above one) I'm talking about, people acting like LeBron single handedly wins every game for the Cavs.

13. NBA MAN

NBA MAN JBB JustBBall Member

Detroit is pathetic right now

14. Smoke

Smoke JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NBA MAN:</div><div class="quote_post">Detroit is pathetic right now</div>
    lol its the Flip Saunders treatment.

It all boils down to defense and how it is coached. Larry Brown could make plays to defend the Cavs but Flip Saunders is not accustomed to forcing defense. He never forced it in Minny.

Of course Flip can coach the Pistons to play D, but he's more of a offensive oriented coach. Thats why the Psitons are struggling, as are the Spurs for that matter, both of these teams have switched to a more offensive style. And both teams are a hurting mightily because of that.

15. Lostmyluggage

Put a fork in detroit. They're done. I'm so tired of people not giving enough credit to LeBron for the cavs wins. These people keep trying to make statements like "its his role players doing all the work" in a feeble attempt to take the spotlight away from bron.

16. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Lostmyluggage:</div><div class="quote_post">Put a fork in detroit. They're done. I'm so tired of people not giving enough credit to LeBron for the cavs wins. These people keep trying to make statements like "its his role players doing all the work" in a feeble attempt to take the spotlight away from bron.</div>

What are you talking about... lol Everyone is giving all the credit to Lebron.

I havent heard Drew Gooden's name or big z's in a week and a half.
    Wow...you see light at the end of the tunnel and suddenly you talk like your the almight cavs who have won multiple championships

Let me bring you back down to earth and tell you that the chances of you beating the Pistons are high. You also have 2 different match ups with two different styled teams ahead of you. Lebron can score 50+ in each of those games but the other teams will prevail just because they have the extra push that the cavs don't have. Miami is very capable of taking teams away, but cav games are always close (even though thats what makes them great). That can end up hurting hem in the end.

17. briang8818

briang8818 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TmacGarnett:</div><div class="quote_post">What are you talking about... lol Everyone is giving all the credit to Lebron.

I havent heard Drew Gooden's name or big z's in a week and a half.
    Wow...you see light at the end of the tunnel and suddenly you talk like your the almight cavs who have won multiple championships</div>

First of all, LML is always going to give all the credit to LeBron and horribly overrate him, we all know that.

You haven't heard Gooden's and Ilgauskas' names for a week and a half for a reason, they didn't do anything. Everyone on this board (besides LML) was talking about the contributions of players like Flip, Eric, and especially, my guy, Andy. Yes there are too many "LeBron just beat Jesus in a basketball game" threads, but there are people talking about the other players.

18. RipCity

RipCity JBB JustBBall Member

So the series is 3-2...Big deal, maybe Cavs fans are getting a little ahead of themselves, we've been here before and beat the Heat in the same situation, who are a WAY better team than Cleveland at this point..

19. Brasco

Brasco JBB JustBBall Member

Hey don't count out detroit yet, i'm a cavs fan but we know what happens when you make predictions (rasheed...) the cavs have to take it one game at a time its far from over.

20. MrBigShot_23

MrBigShot_23 BBW Member

Watch the haters come out now, and start saying Detroit was overrated from the beginning...