Cavs and Nets offering Blatche $4 million to start

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by og15, Jun 20, 2007.

1. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Meantime, according to a league source, the Nets and Cavaliers are prepared to offer five-year contracts with a first-year salary of around $4 million to Wizards restricted free agent forward Andray Blatche when the free agency period opens July 1.

Should Blatche sign with another team, the Wizards would have seven days to match the offer and sources indicated yesterday that Grunfeld plans on keeping Blatche, who is entering his third season with the team.

Unless the Wizards clear space under the salary cap, they would have to use a chunk of their mid-level exception (a first-year salary starting around $5 million) to retain Blatche and that could hinder their ability to re-sign guard DeShawn Stevenson, who will opt out of his contract on July 1, or be active in the free agent market.</div>
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7062002462.html

Very interesting...The Wizards will not need the MLE to match though, that is wrong, they can use the Early Bird Exception to match the offer.

2. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

The front office is very smart and wise not to match the Knicks' offer to Jared Jeffries last season. Now it's the time to match and give Blatche 4 million a year because this man is definitely worth it. He's shown so much athleticism playing above the rim, showing his range, holding his own in the paint. He's still very young at age 20, could play a big role in the years to come and if we don't get him back, he will be big with the Cavs or Nets, just like Ben, Rasheed Wallace and Chris Webber like when we let them go in the '90s.

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Keep him, this kid is full of talent. You've got another Rashard Lewis, Lamar Odom (better than Lamar) type of player here, the Wiz need to keep him.

4. TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince JBB JustBBall Member

You guys should really match this offer. I think he is gonna be a really good player down the line.

5. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Mamba Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Keep him, this kid is full of talent. You've got another Rashard Lewis, Lamar Odom (better than Lamar) type of player here, the Wiz need to keep him.</div>

Andray Blatche better than Lamar Odom? I realize Andray Blatche gives Wizards fans orgasms the same way Dorrel Wright excites Heat fans, but saying that he's better than Odom is absolutely absurd.

This guy hasn't really proved anything in the league thus far. He is an exceptional athlete, but that's really all I've seen. In his two plus years in the league he's averaged 2.2 PPG and 3.7 PPG. How many players have turned out to grow into all-stars that have produced that little? Jermaine O'Neal is the only one I can think of and that's because he needed a change of environment and got it.

6. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Diesel Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Andray Blatche better than Lamar Odom? I realize Andray Blatche gives Wizards fans orgasms the same way Dorrel Wright excites Heat fans, but saying that he's better than Odom is absolutely absurd.

This guy hasn't really proved anything in the league thus far. He is an exceptional athlete, but that's really all I've seen. In his two plus years in the league he's averaged 2.2 PPG and 3.7 PPG. How many players have turned out to grow into all-stars that have produced that little? Jermaine O'Neal is the only one I can think of and that's because he needed a change of environment and got it.</div>

Don't bother saying something about a player if you haven't gave him real attention. We know that average fans like you wouldn't know the talent of Blatche, but if Blatche had gone to college, he would've been a lottery pick this year, EASY. People still don't realize that this season was really his first after his "rookie" season he spent most of the season sitting out after getting shot during training camp.

Even non-Wizards fans knows the potential talent of this man. He's only averaging 2 and 3 is because he gets no PT. When Jamison went out and Blatche was relied upon to play more minutes, he came through averaging near double-doubles. If you really think you're right about this guy and think he has no future, then why would the Nets and Cavs want a guy like him? They obviously see it from our perspective, every Wizards fan knows that we need to keep him in the offseason. Blatche probably needs a change of enviroment too, because the Wizards are just too perimeter oriented for Blatche to fit in well and produce the type of numbers he should be.

7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Will637 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Don't bother saying something about a player if you haven't gave him real attention. We know that average fans like you wouldn't know the talent of Blatche, but if Blatche had gone to college, he would've been a lottery pick this year, EASY. People still don't realize that this season was really his first after his "rookie" season he spent most of the season sitting out after getting shot during training camp.

Even non-Wizards fans knows the potential talent of this man. He's only averaging 2 and 3 is because he gets no PT. When Jamison went out and Blatche was relied upon to play more minutes, he came through averaging near double-doubles. If you really think you're right about this guy and think he has no future, then why would the Nets and Cavs want a guy like him? They obviously see it from our perspective, every Wizards fan knows that we need to keep him in the offseason. Blatche probably needs a change of enviroment too, because the Wizards are just too perimeter oriented for Blatche to fit in well and produce the type of numbers he should be.</div>

Any insight on what Blatche's work ethic is like? Is he picking things up fast, is he coachable?

8. Mamba

I think you misunderstood my comment, Diesel. I meant that Blatche will be better than Odom, he isn't currently better than Lamar. I don't think there is a single soul on this planet who follows basketball that would even make that statement.

Shape, from what I know, Blatche was stubborn before he got shot, since then he's shown fire, desire, and the will to learn. That was a life changing event for him, it changed him for the better. He rarely goes out late, he rarely parties. He sits at home and chills and plays video games, he also bowls. Arenas and Blatche have a lot in common, I think their friendship is solid.

9. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

To add on to that, here's a video of him and Pecherov working out a few days ago.

Invalid Video Link

10. Mamba

God he reminds me of Stanislav Medvedenko, I hope he doesn't play like him.

It's awesome to see Blatche stepping up and being a leader and taking Oleksiy under his wing and adapt him to the US game. Blatche is going to be a star.

11. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Will637 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Don't bother saying something about a player if you haven't gave him real attention. We know that average fans like you wouldn't know the talent of Blatche, but if Blatche had gone to college, he would've been a lottery pick this year, EASY. People still don't realize that this season was really his first after his "rookie" season he spent most of the season sitting out after getting shot during training camp.

Even non-Wizards fans knows the potential talent of this man. He's only averaging 2 and 3 is because he gets no PT. When Jamison went out and Blatche was relied upon to play more minutes, he came through averaging near double-doubles. If you really think you're right about this guy and think he has no future, then why would the Nets and Cavs want a guy like him? They obviously see it from our perspective, every Wizards fan knows that we need to keep him in the offseason. Blatche probably needs a change of enviroment too, because the Wizards are just too perimeter oriented for Blatche to fit in well and produce the type of numbers he should be.</div>

So I guess that a fan can't portray a player that isn't an all-star unless he's on their favorite team? Yeah alright. Actually when he was shot I remember he recovered succesfully and returned really early in the season. I still doubt that he would be a lottery pick in this deep draft. Maybe late teens/twenties pick. The guys maximum potential IMO is a 6th man/or a weak starter.

Sure the guys got potential, but it's just that we have yet to see these flashes of an all-star. If he does indeed become an all-star it will be because of an environment change. Maybe he could be that inside player the Nets need. The guy has a good body at 6'11 and 250. He has that nice smooth touch around the basket. And the Cavs just need anybody they can get that can give them some points. Or maybe he will be another High School bust. And no he didn't average double doubles. He got 8 PPG and 7 RPG. He got that in about 24 MPG. Those are good numbers, but the team did go 4-8 in that stretch and to me the most important stat at the end of the day is the W. And yes he had two all-stars playing with him as well in Arenas and Butler. And out of those 12 games only 3 were decided by single digits which gives me the idea that a lot of his minutes were garbage time.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I think you misunderstood my comment, Diesel. I meant that Blatche will be better than Odom, he isn't currently better than Lamar. I don't think there is a single soul on this planet who follows basketball that would even make that statement.</div>

What makes you think that? Just curious. I see the comparisons as their both nearly 7 foot and even though their both that big they both would rather be a point guard than a center.

But at the same age Blatche got 3.7 PPG, 3.4 RPG, and 0.7 APG. Lamar Odom got 16.6 PPG, 7.8 RPG, and 4.2 APG. I know Odom got more minutes too, but that's because he was more NBA ready. But if you want to know what their averages would be per 40 MPG here's how they would compare.
    Blatche: 12.1 PPG, 11.2 RPG, 2.3 APG
    Odom: 18.2 PPG 8.6 RPG 4.6 APG

12. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Diesel Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">But at the same age Blatche got 3.7 PPG, 3.4 RPG, and 0.7 APG. Lamar Odom got 16.6 PPG, 7.8 RPG, and 4.2 APG. I know Odom got more minutes too, but that's because he was more NBA ready. But if you want to know what their averages would be per 40 MPG here's how they would compare.
    Blatche: 12.1 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 2.3 APG
    Odom: 18.2 PPG 8.6 RPG 4.6 APG</div>
    I think your Rebounds per 40 minutes for Blatche should be around 11 Rp40m.

13. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Skiptomylue11 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I think your Rebounds per 40 minutes for Blatche should be around 11 Rp40m.</div>

good call, I accidently put down his RPG for this past year. [​IMG]

14. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Diesel Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">So I guess that a fan can't portray a player that isn't an all-star unless he's on their favorite team? Yeah alright. Actually when he was shot I remember he recovered succesfully and returned really early in the season. I still doubt that he would be a lottery pick in this deep draft. Maybe late teens/twenties pick. The guys maximum potential IMO is a 6th man/or a weak starter.</div>

Portray? Exactly how many games have you watched and seen him play? I could bet you just 2. Returned really early in the season? He missed 53 games because of that bullet and the dude would've been a star in college if he had gone. He would have been one of the dominant ones there being 6'11 with all of his athleticism, he would've been hard to stop in college, and he's already dunking and showing great leaps over people here in the NBA, it would be a lot easier for him in college.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Sure the guys got potential, but it's just that we have yet to see these flashes of an all-star. If he does indeed become an all-star it will be because of an environment change. Maybe he could be that inside player the Nets need. The guy has a good body at 6'11 and 250. He has that nice smooth touch around the basket. And the Cavs just need anybody they can get that can give them some points. Or maybe he will be another High School bust. And no he didn't average double doubles. He got 8 PPG and 7 RPG. He got that in about 24 MPG. Those are good numbers, but the team did go 4-8 in that stretch and to me the most important stat at the end of the day is the W. And yes he had two all-stars playing with him as well in Arenas and Butler. And out of those 12 games only 3 were decided by single digits which gives me the idea that a lot of his minutes were garbage time.</div>

What do you mean we? You haven't seen jack yet of this player, so don't judge if you haven't seen him play at least 5 games. He nearly went double double in those minutes, but you don't know how the Wizards play with Eddie Jordan coaching them. The ball goes to the hands of Gilbert Arenas about 50% of the time, Caron Butler 25%, then Antawn Jamison 25% of the time (Not exact of the calculations, but definitely somewhere near it). You don't understand how Jamison went down affected the team. Eddie Jordan is convinced that Blatche or anyone else on the team can step up, so he relied on Arenas and Butler even more to pick up the slack for Jamison. You don't understand how the floor is spread to give more room for Arenas to operate and that he doesn't get double teamed with him in the lineup. Why do you think Arenas' stats went down during that stretch? Why do you think he got the reputation of being a chucker especially like that game against the Blazers were he only scored a 9 of a promised 50. More importantly though, the team is missing a leader when Jamison went down. Everyone knows that with his veteran presence, the team performs a lot better and the team is a lot more composed. Gilbert admits that he himself is too goofy and young to be a leader, he can just make plays that's all. Caron Butler still needs a few more years before he can call himself a leader, he's still young. No one was under the impression that Blatche had to be the leader during that stretch and play his full potential that month. We know he's still young and he's going to average under 5 and 5 a game as long as he's in Washington, but us Wizards fans know his potential, and apparently the Cavs and Nets organizations as well.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What makes you think that? Just curious. I see the comparisons as their both nearly 7 foot and even though their both that big they both would rather be a point guard than a center.

But at the same age Blatche got 3.7 PPG, 3.4 RPG, and 0.7 APG. Lamar Odom got 16.6 PPG, 7.8 RPG, and 4.2 APG. I know Odom got more minutes too, but that's because he was more NBA ready. But if you want to know what their averages would be per 40 MPG here's how they would compare.
    Blatche: 12.1 PPG, 11.2 RPG, 2.3 APG
    Odom: 18.2 PPG 8.6 RPG 4.6 APG</div>

Don't try to compare these two players in their second years, it's two completely different cases. The Clippers have been trash ever since the 93-94 season up until two years ago. Anyone could've gotten those numbers in their second year as the team, but the true stat is the W right? I'm sure the 15 wins in that 99-00 season would make him a star according to you.

Why do you even bother to compare players' stats at all? There's so many things that would make them mis-leading. In Lamar's second year, what scoring option was he? 2nd? What was Blatche's? 12th? How many points did Lamar average when he got shot in the first season of his career? Oh I forgot, he didn't. How old was Lamar in his first in the NBA? 19? Blatche was around 18 in his first season, without any college experience, but then again he got shot.

No one wants to compare stats because it's no use with so many things making them misleading. If you really think that way of Blatche that he won't be that good, why are the Cavs, Nets and Wizards still paying attention to him? If he does decide to leave for the Cavs or Nets, he will definitely reach up to his full potential as a star, because the way it looks around in here in DC, is that he'll keep averaging under 5 and 5 a game as long as Eddie, and the big 3 are around.

15. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Portray? Exactly how many games have you watched and seen him play? I could bet you just 2. Returned really early in the season? He missed 53 games because of that bullet and the dude would've been a star in college if he had gone. He would have been one of the dominant ones there being 6'11 with all of his athleticism, he would've been hard to stop in college, and he's already dunking and showing great leaps over people here in the NBA, it would be a lot easier for him in college.</div>

I watched about 85% of all Sixers and Heat games this past year. So I'm sure I've seen him play more than two times. I've seen him get a few impressive plays from his athletic ability, but he relies on that a bit too much. He did have a nice dunk against the Heat though where he ran to the middle for a tip in dunk over either Walker or Posey though if I remember right.

As for Andray Blatches returning early. Last season his first game was against the Seattle Sonics on November 11th. He was shot on September 25th. You should know that since your a Wizzards fan and all.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What do you mean we? You haven't seen jack yet of this player, so don't judge if you haven't seen him play at least 5 games. He nearly went double double in those minutes, but you don't know how the Wizards play with Eddie Jordan coaching them. The ball goes to the hands of Gilbert Arenas about 50% of the time, Caron Butler 25%, then Antawn Jamison 25% of the time (Not exact of the calculations, but definitely somewhere near it). You don't understand how Jamison went down affected the team. Eddie Jordan is convinced that Blatche or anyone else on the team can step up, so he relied on Arenas and Butler even more to pick up the slack for Jamison. You don't understand how the floor is spread to give more room for Arenas to operate and that he doesn't get double teamed with him in the lineup. Why do you think Arenas' stats went down during that stretch? Why do you think he got the reputation of being a chucker especially like that game against the Blazers were he only scored a 9 of a promised 50. More importantly though, the team is missing a leader when Jamison went down. Everyone knows that with his veteran presence, the team performs a lot better and the team is a lot more composed. Gilbert admits that he himself is too goofy and young to be a leader, he can just make plays that's all. Caron Butler still needs a few more years before he can call himself a leader, he's still young. No one was under the impression that Blatche had to be the leader during that stretch and play his full potential that month. We know he's still young and he's going to average under 5 and 5 a game as long as he's in Washington, but us Wizards fans know his potential, and apparently the Cavs and Nets organizations as well. </div>

Alright dude, I'm pretty sure Eddie Jordan knows more about the Washington Wizards team than you do. That's why he gets paid millions of dollars to coach and you get paid jack to watch him. IF Andray Blatche was truly as good as you make him out to be, then Eddie would run some plays for him and such. As a coach normalle your going to rely on two proven all-stars to carry your team for a stretch. Not no Andray Blatche who has yet to average over 4 PPG in the league.

Noone is arguing Blatche doesn't have potential. He just hasn't really proven anything yet to anyone that he will be able to maximize that potential. What is holding him back exactly? Playing time? If Andray Blatche was the second coming of Kevin Garnett I'm sure he would've gotten plenty of minutes last season.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Don't try to compare these two players in their second years, it's two completely different cases. The Clippers have been trash ever since the 93-94 season up until two years ago. Anyone could've gotten those numbers in their second year as the team, but the true stat is the W right? I'm sure the 15 wins in that 99-00 season would make him a star according to you.</div>

Lamar Odom was a player that was compared to Blatche earlier in the thread. During the Wizards little 4-8 strretch where Blatche got 8 and 7 he still wasn't putting up big numbers. Odom was however. 16-8-4 > 8-7-1 by a lot.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Why do you even bother to compare players' stats at all? There's so many things that would make them mis-leading. In Lamar's second year, what scoring option was he? 2nd? What was Blatche's? 12th? How many points did Lamar average when he got shot in the first season of his career? Oh I forgot, he didn't. How old was Lamar in his first in the NBA? 19? Blatche was around 18 in his first season, without any college experience, but then again he got shot. </div>

In this case the stats are not misleading. This comparison is like comparing Steve Nash to Antonio Daniels. Obvious who wins, but the stats just put the stomp on it.

What is the big **** about getting shot? Does getting shot make Blatche get more credibility or something? If anything being shot helped him. He got his **** together after getting shot. It was a wake-up call. He knows he isn't going to get 27 PPG, 16 RPG, and 8 BPG like he did in high school.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">No one wants to compare stats because it's no use with so many things making them misleading. If you really think that way of Blatche that he won't be that good, why are the Cavs, Nets and Wizards still paying attention to him? If he does decide to leave for the Cavs or Nets, he will definitely reach up to his full potential as a star, because the way it looks around in here in DC, is that he'll keep averaging under 5 and 5 a game as long as Eddie, and the big 3 are around.</div>

Blatche is an attractive asset because he is a young guy with potential. Teams get orgasms over that. My point is that right now and at the way he's going so far he won't be an all-star in the league. However if Andray Blatche really wanted to be a force in this league he could definetly become a guy who can make an impact. Don't expect him to ever average 20-10 though.

16. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Diesel Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I watched about 85% of all Sixers and Heat games this past year. So I'm sure I've seen him play more than two times. I've seen him get a few impressive plays from his athletic ability, but he relies on that a bit too much. He did have a nice dunk against the Heat though where he ran to the middle for a tip in dunk over either Walker or Posey though if I remember right.</div>

Relies on that a bit too much? Hello? Do you know how many plays Eddie Jordan runs for Andray Blatche? 0, that's what he's there for, to clean up after a shot, make that hustle play and get big in the paint. He needs a bit of work on his range, but we've seen that he can knock it down a few times and once it's increased, he will be pretty damn good as long as he plays for another team where they know he will become part of their team's future.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">As for Andray Blatches returning early. Last season his first game was against the Seattle Sonics on November 11th. He was shot on September 25th. You should know that since your a Wizzards fan and all.</div>

He shouldn't have even returned in that game. The Wizards won by more than 40 points to the Sonics, he only played 7 minutes then too. But more importantly, he missed the next 52 games because he still needed to rest and came back after the all-star break and played insignificant minutes.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Alright dude, I'm pretty sure Eddie Jordan knows more about the Washington Wizards team than you do. That's why he gets paid millions of dollars to coach and you get paid jack to watch him.</div>

Obviously, you do not know how truly bad of a coach Eddie Jordan is. No one in DC like him (Check the Wizards board on Realgm).

Look at the west coast road trip during March 20-26. We played against Utah, Portland, Seattle, Golden State, and the Clippers and we only went 1-4 during that stretch. We blew games games against the Clippers and Golden State easily because of the coaching. You have Brendan Haywood and Andray Blatche scoring over 50% and grabbing tons of rebounds in the first half in those games and they end up only playing about 15-17 minutes that half before they only got to play about 3 minutes in the second half. Eddie decides to play Songalia basically about the entire second half who made his shots, but he is terrible bad grabbing rebounds, Andris Biedrins and Elton Brand completely trashed on him, Gilbert and Caron sat out nearly the entire 3rd quarter, until they were checked back in the 4th quarter around the 7 minute mark. They came back, but it was too little to late, because Eddie relied on a lineup of AD, Etan, Jarvis, Roger Mason and Songalia to lead the Wizards in the 3rd Quarter...[​IMG] . The Clippers and Warriors took advantage of our "big man" Songalia inside, grabbed like 1037 offensive rebounds during those second halves.

Don't try to make him look good saying that the he was the coach of the East all-stars because Flip Saunders was ineligible, since he coached the last 2 years, the Wizards only had a 1 game lead during the stretch they chose the coach. The Wizards only led the East for about a week or a little less than that if I can remember.

Eddie Jordan is probably the worst coach to rely on to teach a team to play defense. What's holding Gilbert back is really his laziness on defense on the other end to play positional defense and not let his man get past by or shoot over him. Gilbert gets his steals from sneaking up behind centers and knocking the ball away trying to be all slick. The Wizards were top 5 in the season in most points allowed and a lot of our games were cost because we couldn't play defense.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"><font color="red">IF Andray Blatche was truly as good as you make him out to be, then Eddie would run some plays for him and such.</font><font color="blue"> As a coach normalle your going to rely on two proven all-stars to carry your team for a stretch. Not no Andray Blatche who has yet to average over 4 PPG in the league.</font></div>

That made no sense. Are you trying to say to say that Blatche should be killing the league and averaging 20 and 10 a game, or just playing his full potential at the moment? How are you supposed to say that Blatche isn't going to excel in the NBA just because of his developmental early 2 seasons as a Wizard? There are TONS of players in the league that had nothing to rely on except hard work and practice to rise them to the top. But you're doing it again, you're making it seem like I'm the only one saying he's going to be big in the future when you have the entire DC-metro area, agreeing with me.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Noone is arguing Blatche doesn't have potential. He just hasn't really proven anything yet to anyone that he will be able to maximize that potential.</div>

Really, if you don't want to listen to me why he deserves that money or shown's that he's done it, put that up with Mamba, og15, the Wizards board at Realgm, the Cavaliers or Nets front office.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What is holding him back exactly? Playing time? If Andray Blatche was the second coming of Kevin Garnett I'm sure he would've gotten plenty of minutes last season.</div>

Yeah, it has been playing time and the princeton offense that's being ran here in Washington that revolves around Gilbert Arenas and basically the big three. That was pretty stupid saying he would've had plenty of minutes last year if we thought he was the second coming of KG. He's still 20, no one is saying he's in his prime right now, obviously he needs work, development and a new a team. But if he does play for that right team, he'll develop into a better player.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Lamar Odom was a player that was compared to Blatche earlier in the thread. During the Wizards little 4-8 strretch where Blatche got 8 and 7 he still wasn't putting up big numbers. Odom was however. 16-8-4 > 8-7-1 by a lot.

In this case the stats are not misleading. This comparison is like comparing Steve Nash to Antonio Daniels. Obvious who wins, but the stats just put the stomp on it.</div>

Put that up to my Eddie Jordan/West coast trip/bad coaching argument I said up about 6 paragraphs ago. I'll summerize it again though, Blatche gets his his points off rebounds and a few shots he gets when he's open. Odom was a huge part of the offense in the Clippers who went no where that year going 15-67, anyone could've gotten those points Odom put up during that pathetic year. And those stats you pointed out, he's only down by 1 rebound, what's the problem with that when he's played half the minutes Odom did back then.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What is the big **** about getting shot? Does getting shot make Blatche get more credibility or something? If anything being shot helped him. He got his **** together after getting shot.

It was a wake-up call. He knows he isn't going to get 27 PPG, 16 RPG, and 8 BPG like he did in high school.</div>

Who the hell said he was gunning for 27, 16 and 8 in the NBA? He was a hard-worker and knew what he needed to do since day 1. The part about getting shot made him humble and better mentally, OBVIOUSLY not physically though. Why do you think he only played 29 games that season?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Blatche is an attractive asset because he is a young guy with potential. Teams get orgasms over that. My point is that right now and at the way he's going so far he won't be an all-star in the league. However if Andray Blatche really wanted to be a force in this league he could definetly become a guy who can make an impact. Don't expect him to ever average 20-10 though.</div>

I don't see why teams wouldn't get orgasms over guys with athletic ability, potential and youth. Obviously as long as he stays a Wizards, he won't get anywhere. Once he does leave this off-season, in a few years, he'll be averaging those 17 and 10 points that he's capable of averaging. You're relying on those few games you've seen where Blatche didn't even play a whole lot against, so why should I bother listening to you? If you have seen all of the Sixers and Heat games playing against the Wizards and Andray Blatche, why don't you look at this.

<u>Wizards Schedule against Heat and Sixers</u>

December 8th against Sixers: 0 minutes.
    December 15th against Heat: 6 minutes.
    February 14th against Sixers: 23 minutes, 11 points, 10 rebounds, 4 blocks.
    February 28th against Heat: 21 minutes, 6 points, 6 rebounds and 2 assists.
    March 11th against Heat: 3 minutes, 2 points.
    March 28th against Sixers: 0 minutes.
    April 11th against Heat: 23 minutes, 9 points and 5 rebounds.

4 out of those 7 games you've claimed to watch, he barely played out all, so you can't even count those games. In the games he has played significant minutes, he has done well. 11 points, 10 rebounds and 4 blocks in 23 minutes? Those are pretty good numbers. I'll say it again though, no one is saying he's earning his contract because we think he's playing like an all-star this season, we are saying he has great potential to be that all-star if he decides to leave DC.

17. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Andray Blatche has shown tons of potential through the entire season. I remember him lighting up after the Wizards - Suns game in December. The fire didn't go out until the playoffs when Eddie Jordan opted not to play him much due to the belief that in the playoffs Blatche would 'try to do too much'.

There were certain games that Blatche showed that he will be a solid 15-17 PPG, 6-8 RPG player in this league.

Feb. 5 vs. Seattle Supersonics: 16 Minutes, 14 Points 7 Rebounds 1 Block
    March 17 vs. New Orleans Hornets: 10 Points, 7 Rebounds

Don't forget that this season is Blatche's true rookie year. I expect him to put up a solid 5-9 points and 3-5 rebounds next season.

Ming put up some nice numbers for 'Bulletproof' as RealGM posters call him. He is a must sign for the Wizards, especially with the 'Arenas rule' on our side.

18. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">GArenas Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    Don't forget that this season is Blatche's true rookie year. I expect him to put up a solid 5-9 points and 3-5 rebounds next season.

Ming put up some nice numbers for 'Bulletproof' as RealGM posters call him. He is a must sign for the Wizards, especially with the 'Arenas rule' on our side.</div>

I wouldn't mind Blatche leaving Washington, so he can become big.

19. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Relies on that a bit too much? Hello? Do you know how many plays Eddie Jordan runs for Andray Blatche? 0, that's what he's there for, to clean up after a shot, make that hustle play and get big in the paint. He needs a bit of work on his range, but we've seen that he can knock it down a few times and once it's increased, he will be pretty damn good as long as he plays for another team where they know he will become part of their team's future. </div>

I'm sure there is a reason that Eddie Jordan gets 0 plays run a game. Right now the guy is nothing more than a bench player. As for that bolded part he is being held back by the Wizards? Washington has one of worst Centers in the league. Are you telling me a guy like Brendan Haywood and Etan Thomas are stopping him from being an all-star?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> He shouldn't have even returned in that game. The Wizards won by more than 40 points to the Sonics, he only played 7 minutes then too. But more importantly, he missed the next 52 games because he still needed to rest and came back after the all-star break and played insignificant minutes.
    </div>

Well he did return in that game. The doctors cleared him to play. I'm going to trust the doctors words more than yours.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> Obviously, you do not know how truly bad of a coach Eddie Jordan is. No one in DC like him (Check the Wizards board on Realgm). </div>

I'm sure they don't like him. I wouldn't want Eddie Jordan to coach my favorite team either. The guy is still good enough to get an NBA coaching gig nonetheless.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Look at the west coast road trip during March 20-26. We played against Utah, Portland, Seattle, Golden State, and the Clippers and we only went 1-4 during that stretch. We blew games games against the Clippers and Golden State easily because of the coaching. You have Brendan Haywood and Andray Blatche scoring over 50% and grabbing tons of rebounds in the first half in those games and they end up only playing about 15-17 minutes that half before they only got to play about 3 minutes in the second half. Eddie decides to play Songalia basically about the entire second half who made his shots, but he is terrible bad grabbing rebounds, Andris Biedrins and Elton Brand completely trashed on him, Gilbert and Caron sat out nearly the entire 3rd quarter, until they were checked back in the 4th quarter around the 7 minute mark. They came back, but it was too little to late, because Eddie relied on a lineup of AD, Etan, Jarvis, Roger Mason and Songalia to lead the Wizards in the 3rd Quarter...[​IMG] . The Clippers and Warriors took advantage of our "big man" Songalia inside, grabbed like 1037 offensive rebounds during those second halves.
    </div>

Once again no one is saying Eddie Jordan is a coach of the year candidate, but a coach in the NBA nonetheless. I don't get why your ripping on his choice of Darius Songalia though. I didn't watch the game, but from the box score Songalia got 17 points, 6 rebounds(3 offensive), 5 assists, and 8 for 12 shooting. That isn't too bad.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Don't try to make him look good saying that the he was the coach of the East all-stars because Flip Saunders was ineligible, since he coached the last 2 years, the Wizards only had a 1 game lead during the stretch they chose the coach. The Wizards only led the East for about a week or a little less than that if I can remember. </div>

Never said that. I don't classify EJ as one of the better coaches in the NBA. But still. He did coach a top team in the conference. That has to count for something.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Eddie Jordan is probably the worst coach to rely on to teach a team to play defense. What's holding Gilbert back is really his laziness on defense on the other end to play positional defense and not let his man get past by or shoot over him. Gilbert gets his steals from sneaking up behind centers and knocking the ball away trying to be all slick. The Wizards were top 5 in the season in most points allowed and a lot of our games were cost because we couldn't play defense.</div>

So EJ is to blame for the lack of defensive players on the team? The team is full of players who only play on the offensive side of the ball. Gilbert is just the most well known.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">

That made no sense. Are you trying to say to say that Blatche should be killing the league and averaging 20 and 10 a game, or just playing his full potential at the moment? How are you supposed to say that Blatche isn't going to excel in the NBA just because of his developmental early 2 seasons as a Wizard? There are TONS of players in the league that had nothing to rely on except hard work and practice to rise them to the top. But you're doing it again, you're making it seem like I'm the only one saying he's going to be big in the future when you have the entire DC-metro area, agreeing with m</div>e.

If Blatche is as good as you say he is then he should be killing the league. Or getting 20 MPG at least. I can count the number of players on one hand that haver avergaed less than 4.0 PPG in their first two years in the league and went on to be an all-star. Jermaine, Ben Wallace(even though he isn't an offensive player), ughhhhhhhhhhh. Blatches maximum potential IMO is a weak starter or solid 6th man. He won't be any first, second, or third scoring options on a dominant team. There are tons more players that had nothing to rely on except hard work and practice that have not risen them to the top.

I'm not arguing that the guy doesn't have the potential. He definetly does. Kwame Brown had potential too. HE didn't end up so good now did he?
    Really, if you don't want to listen to me why he deserves that money or shown's that he's done it, put that up with Mamba, og15, the Wizards board at Realgm, the Cavaliers or Nets front office.</div>

To me 4 million seems reasonable at max. A penny more would be unreasonable though.

lol shown that he's done what? Score 3 PPG on a first round and out team?

Yeah, it has been playing time and the princeton offense that's being ran here in Washington that revolves around Gilbert Arenas and basically the big three. That was pretty stupid saying he would've had plenty of minutes last year if we thought he was the second coming of KG. He's still 20, no one is saying he's in his prime right now, obviously he needs work, development and a new a team. But if he does play for that right team, he'll develop into a better player.</div>

You know why the offense revolves around Gilbert Areans and the big three? Because their the best offensive players on the team. All teams run the offense through their best player or top player.

You act as if Blatche is the second coming of KG. He can become a quality 13-15 PPG along with 8 RPG player in the league. To me though that's his ceiling. And that really isn't a bad thing. To get a player that can eventually get you 13 a game along with 8 rebounds a game in the second round would be considered a good thing.
    Put that up to my Eddie Jordan/West coast trip/bad coaching argument I said up about 6 paragraphs ago. I'll summerize it again though, Blatche gets his his points off rebounds and a few shots he gets when he's open. Odom was a huge part of the offense in the Clippers who went no where that year going 15-67, anyone could've gotten those points Odom put up during that pathetic year. And those stats you pointed out, he's only down by 1 rebound, what's the problem with that when he's played half the minutes Odom did back then.</div>

That's because Blatche is nothing more than a role player right now. He isn't polished enough to have an offense run through him. But he is an extremely athletic guy that can jump over guys in order to get those balls. And nearly all NBA players can hit an open shot.

lol @ anyone could've got those points Odom put up. So your telling me Odom is just an average or scrub in the league? I mean if anyone could've gotten them he must have. Odom put up those numbers as the third option on the team.

And I never knew 23 or 24 MPG were half of 36 MPG.<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">

Who the hell said he was gunning for 27, 16 and 8 in the NBA? He was a hard-worker and knew what he needed to do since day 1. The part about getting shot made him humble and better mentally, OBVIOUSLY not physically though. Why do you think he only played 29 games that season?</div>

27-16-8 is what he averaged in high school. Most likely physically dominating the oppenents. He can't do that in the NBA and it's shown. Where did I say that he got better physically from it? The shot woke him up from wonderland and now he has to work to stay in the league which is entirely different than his early years.
    I don't see why teams wouldn't get orgasms over guys with athletic ability, potential and youth. Obviously as long as he stays a Wizards, he won't get anywhere. Once he does leave this off-season, in a few years, he'll be averaging those 17 and 10 points that he's capable of averaging. You're relying on those few games you've seen where Blatche didn't even play a whole lot against, so why should I bother listening to you? If you have seen all of the Sixers and Heat games playing against the Wizards and Andray Blatche, why don't you look at this.</div>

Why won't he get anywhere as a Wizard. As long as he works hard and develops he should be that claimed 17-10 player right? I mean whose in his way? Brandon Haywood? Who would you rather have. Brandon Haywood or a 17-10 player?

<u>Wizards Schedule against Heat and Sixers</u>
    December 8th against Sixers: 0 minutes.
    December 15th against Heat: 6 minutes.
    February 14th against Sixers: 23 minutes, 11 points, 10 rebounds, 4 blocks.
    February 28th against Heat: 21 minutes, 6 points, 6 rebounds and 2 assists.
    March 11th against Heat: 3 minutes, 2 points.
    March 28th against Sixers: 0 minutes.
    April 11th against Heat: 23 minutes, 9 points and 5 rebounds.
    </div>

lmao dude if the guy was clearly such a beast he would have more than a top game of 23 minutes. That one game against the Sixers is the only real impressive game in there as well.
    4 out of those 7 games you've claimed to watch, he barely played out all, so you can't even count those games. In the games he has played significant minutes, he has done well. 11 points, 10 rebounds and 4 blocks in 23 minutes? Those are pretty good numbers. I'll say it again though, no one is saying he's earning his contract because we think he's playing like an all-star this season, we are saying he has great potential to be that all-star if he decides to leave DC
    </div>

lol the 11-10-4 game is the only real impressive game. Every guy in the NBA is capable of having a good game. It's only for the best.

Well we both agree that he has potential. WHat we disagree on is that you think he will end up being an all-star. I don't see that happening.

20. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Diesel Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'm sure there is a reason that Eddie Jordan gets 0 plays run a game.</div>

I told you to look over your post before you finalized it, [​IMG] .

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Right now the guy is nothing more than a bench player. As for that bolded part he is being held back by the Wizards? Washington has one of worst Centers in the league. Are you telling me a guy like Brendan Haywood and Etan Thomas are stopping him from being an all-star?</div>

What the hell? HAVE YOU COMPLETELY MISSED THE ESSAY I JUST WROTE ON HOW EDDIE JORDAN IS HOLDING BLATCHE BACK? Guys like Haywood and Thomas aren't stopping from doing anything because Blatche plays forward and Eddie Jordan doesn't get any plays run for the centers we have either, so we know the only thing holding Blatche back is the coach himself.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Well he did return in that game. The doctors cleared him to play. I'm going to trust the doctors words more than yours. </div>

Why didn't the doctors clear Blatche for the next 52 games, in that case?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm sure they don't like him. I wouldn't want Eddie Jordan to coach my favorite team either. The guy is still good enough to get an NBA coaching gig nonetheless.</div>

That's not the point, you're dodging everything I say on how Eddie Jordan is holding Andray Blatche back.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Once again no one is saying Eddie Jordan is a coach of the year candidate, but a coach in the NBA nonetheless.</div>

Just because you have a job, you automatically aren't obligated to work the fullest to it? That's the problem in the NBA today, like igotask8board said, people in the NBA don't have that passion after they signed that contract, because they know they are set.

http://www.justbball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71700

Check it out, post 7.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't get why your ripping on his choice of Darius Songalia though. I didn't watch the game, but from the box score Songalia got 17 points, 6 rebounds(3 offensive), 5 assists, and 8 for 12 shooting. That isn't too bad.</div>

That's your problem, you've only read the boxscore. Did you not read how I said Elton Brand and Andris Biedrins raped in the paint during that second half? Go stare at your boxscores once again and see how many offensive rebounds the Warriors and Clippers (specifically Brand and Biedrins) in that second half. No one's denying that jumpshot he has, but if you've actually watched the Wizards games, that's all he has. He has NO HOPS, he cannot rebound, he's too short to play center, he's too weak compared to other centers which was why Biedrins and Brand were able to score and rebound over him. I'm ripping on his choice of Songalia because Haywood and Blatche did a GREAT job on those two in the first half of play, until they barely played in those second halves.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Never said that. I don't classify EJ as one of the better coaches in the NBA. But still. He did coach a top team in the conference. That has to count for something.</div>

Not in our books. Look at it whatever way you want, but there is no way that you'll convince us that Eddie Jordan is a good coach at all.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">So EJ is to blame for the lack of defensive players on the team? The team is full of players who only play on the offensive side of the ball. Gilbert is just the most well known.</div>

Eddie Jordan doesn't emphasize it well enough. We know before training camp last year that the Wizards tried to work on it, but he just can't coach it. Deshawn Stevenson was brought in mainly to replace Jared Jeffries and bring in a perimeter defensive presence. Caron Butler has worked hard himself doing everything you can ask a player to do, make plays, play defense, get rebounds, etc. Haywood and Thomas shown that they are capable with their size to play defense against some of the better centers in the league. Last year's 2006 series against the Cavs is one I can truly remember off the top of my head.

In game 1: Ilgauskas was held to 10 points, 6 rebounds and 3 fouls.
    In game 2: Ilgauskas was held to 9 points, 3-13 shooting, 7 rebounds
    In game 3: Ilgauskas was held to 15 points, 4-12 shooting, 8 rebounds and 6 fouls.
    In game 4: Ilgauskas was held to 13 points, 6 rebounds, 5 turnovers and 4 fouls.
    In game 5: Ilgauskas was held to 6 points, 5 rebounds, 3 turnovers and 4 fouls.
    In game 6: Ilgauskas was held to 6 points, 5 rebounds, 4 fouls and 2 turnovers.

Now I say Ilguaskas was held to in all 6 games, because that season he averaged 15 points and 7 rebounds. His series average against Haywood and Thomas were:

9 points, 6 rebounds and quite a bit of fouls and and turnovers during that series.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">If Blatche is as good as you say he is then he should be killing the league. </div>

CAN YOU READ? No one said that he will be good in two days, more like two effing years or so if he changes to another team. You obviously mistaken that thought that we think he is playing like Kevin Garnett RIGHT NOW, you're so idiotic. I've said it millions of times, if he does decide to leave the Wizards, he WILL reach his full potential in a few years.

Or getting 20 MPG at least. I can count the number of players on one hand that haver avergaed less than 4.0 PPG in their first two years in the league and went on to be an all-star. Jermaine, Ben Wallace(even though he isn't an offensive player), ughhhhhhhhhhh. Blatches maximum potential IMO is a weak starter or solid 6th man.He won't be any first, second, or third scoring options on a dominant team. There are tons more players that had nothing to rely on except hard work and practice that have not risen them to the top.[/quote]

What makes you think of that potential? From the 0 games you've seen of Andray Blatche? You still haven't responded to like 85% of my **** that I've posted in my previous post, so why should I bother listening to you when you're just going to half-ass your responses on a topic you know nothing about?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm not arguing that the guy doesn't have the potential. He definetly does. Kwame Brown had potential too. HE didn't end up so good now did he?</div>

Two very different cases. You see, Kwame Brown was the first pick, Andray Blatche was 46th. Mamba a while ago talked about a story that explained the struggles of Brown mentally on and off the court that had showed why he didn't play so good. From what I can remember was:

Kwame Brown came from a big family, with not a lot in a bad community. Only had 1 mother, so he had no father figure to grow up and look upon to. He had brothers going in and out of jail in his lifetime and basically all he had was basketball to rely on. When he came into Washington, he knew that he wanted to look up to MJ as a father figure and what not, but he got discouraged in his first couple of years as a Wizard when MJ didn't turn out the way Kwame wanted him to. They didn't have good connections with each other, Doug Collins didn't like to play him, Kwame Brown was easily discouraged coming straight out of high school as well.

I'm gonna need Mamba to verify this because I don't remember the full story.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">To me 4 million seems reasonable at max. A penny more would be unreasonable though.</div>

Why should I listen to you again? Just answer that.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">lol shown that he's done what? Score 3 PPG on a first round and out team?</div>

Wow...[​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">You know why the offense revolves around Gilbert Areans and the big three? Because their the best offensive players on the team. All teams run the offense through their best player or top player.</div>

The offense revolves around the big three because it is the princeton offense. Do you know what the princeton offense is? Hopefully I'll assume you know what it is because if you do, you know that ANDRAY BLATCHE DOESN'T FIT IN WITH IT. He's got range, but he won't rain it from downtown everyday. That's why I keep telling that if he decides to leave, he will excel in another team.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">You act as if Blatche is the second coming of KG. He can become a quality 13-15 PPG along with 8 RPG player in the league. To me though that's his ceiling. And that really isn't a bad thing. To get a player that can eventually get you 13 a game along with 8 rebounds a game in the second round would be considered a good thing.</div>

I think he's the closest coming to KG, who do you have your eyes on that's the second coming? Shaq? [​IMG] .

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">That's because Blatche is nothing more than a role player right now. He isn't polished enough to have an offense run through him. But he is an extremely athletic guy that can jump over guys in order to get those balls. And nearly all NBA players can hit an open shot.</div>

No effing ****, you idiot. But the thing is, you're acting like he's playing his prime and wondering why he even deserves a 20 year contract in the first place. Damn, get your weight up and get on with 2007, we all know that his offense needs polishing, but it will be worked on. He's already working on his shot in the gym with Oleksiy Pecherov with the video above in this thread. But then again, you obviously duck like 80 percent of this thread, so why should I even bother responding to you.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">lol @ anyone could've got those points Odom put up. So your telling me Odom is just an average or scrub in the league? I mean if anyone could've gotten them he must have. Odom put up those numbers as the third option on the team.</div>

Hello, where did the team go again? 67-15? Oh my bad, 15-67. In your words, Lamar Odom shouldn't even be alive on this planet since the W is the only important thing at the end right? Odom put those numbers as the third option on that team...what option was Blatche again for the Wizards right now?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">And I never knew 23 or 24 MPG were half of 36 MPG.</div>

You know what I mean. Blatche doesn't get the same treatment on the court that Odom did with the 15-67 Clippers.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">27-16-8 is what he averaged in high school. Most likely physically dominating the oppenents. He can't do that in the NBA and it's shown. Where did I say that he got better physically from it? The shot woke him up from wonderland and now he has to work to stay in the league which is entirely different than his early years.</div>

It's shown where? Obviously you haven't seen it because you don't watch any of the damn games. How the hell are you going to say "It's shown" if you haven't watched him play or even bother to respond my examples of his top performances of the season me and Garenas showed above?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Why won't he get anywhere as a Wizard. As long as he works hard and develops he should be that claimed 17-10 player right? I mean whose in his way? Brandon Haywood? Who would you rather have. Brandon Haywood or a 17-10 player?</div>

Go back to OTR. I can't believe you even try to respond with statements like that, when you know you can't respond to mine.I'm not gonna bother to repeat what I said about 50 times.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">lmao dude if the guy was clearly such a beast he would have more than a top game of 23 minutes. That one game against the Sixers is the only real impressive game in there as well.</div>

Lmao, if you know any better, you would know to stop talking right now on a subject you obviously don't know about, go back to a place where you think you make members "below" your level look bad because you're just making yourself look like an idiot right now.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Well we both agree that he has potential. WHat we disagree on is that you think he will end up being an all-star. I don't see that happening.</div>

Yeah whatever, don't you have a boxscore you need to be masterbating off to right now?