Cavs Fans Roll Call!

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by jbbKing James, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Joesanity

Joesanity JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a fan?

--Since I can remember...first real memories go back to about 88 when I was around 7 years old. Great memories of listening to Joe Tait call games on the radio.

List your favorite past Cavaliers.

--The late Bobby Phills, Terrell Brandon, Ron Harper, and John Crotty (kind of a little joke with friends since I wore his #11 on my 8th grade basketball team when he was in Cleveland)

List your favorite current Cavaliers.

--LeBron and Big Z

Do you have a favorite Cavs moment?

--A couple. The mid-90s Cavalier teams with Mills-Hill-Phills-Brandon and Michael Cage. They weren't the best of teams and they usually lost in the first round of the playoffs but I had the most fun watching Mike Fratello get the most out of that group.

Another was a couple of years ago, the 2000 season when Dallas was in town in December for a game. The team had gotten off to a fast start that year thanks to Z and were near the top of the division and had a great game at home against Dallas where I really thought that team would be special...and then Z broke his foot. But I still remember that game.

2. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

How long a fan?

Hard to put a year to it off the top of my head. 88/89 I think. Didn't catch much NBA down here in Australia back in those days. I just remember a highlights show that featured the Cavaliers as a team on the rise and stuck with them.

Former Favourite Player

Brad Daugherty, seen very little of him, but damn he was smoothe. But Mark Price of course was a favourite!

Favourite Current Player

Big Z and Ollie (dont like his contract though)

Favourite Moments

Watching any Cavaliers game. Like I said, it was tough catching games from the Cavaliers here down under! So any game was a bonus. I enjoyed watching Terrell Brandon in his last seasons, and Kemps first season with Z, Knight, Anderson and Henderson all rookies. Fun team.[quote name='King James']Welcome Cavs fans! This is where you list your details about being a Cavaliers fan, so come on and open up!

3. West Remy

West Remy JBB JustBBall Member

On and off for a long time but an die hard fan for the last 4 years.

Favorite past player?

Ron Harper.

Favorite current player?

Dajuan Wagner first and Bron Bron second.

Favorite moment.

With the number one pick, the Cleveland Cavaliers select LeBron James! Let the city riots begin!

4. CBBI

CBBI JBB JustBBall Member

About 15 years. Since I was a wee little one and my dad took me to the games.

My favorite all-time Cavalier was Larry Nance

LeBron by far and away. I like Boozer a bunch too.

My favorite moment had to be when LeBron had the wide open break away against Sacramento in the season opener and he turned and gave the ball up to Ricky for the slam.

I mean, I hate Ricky but that moment pretty much summed up what LeBron is all about.

5. Yes!AndTheFoul!

Yes!AndTheFoul! JBB JustBBall Member

All my life I guess. In Dawg years that would be 280 years.

Austin Carr, Campy Russell, Bingo Smith, Foots Walker, Nate Thurmond, Jim Chones, Lloyd Free AKA World B. Free, Mark Price, Larry Nance, Brad Daugherty, Ron Harper (why the hell did we trade him for Danny F'in Ferry ugh!), the late Bobby Phills, Craig Ehlo.

LeBron, Booz, that's about it.

Still working on it.

6. worldbfree

worldbfree JBB JustBBall Member

Fan since 1972.
    Fav All-time:Price,Free, Bingo!!
    Fav now:Booz, LJ,JMac
    Fav moment: Laying in bed as a kid with the transistor radio listening to Joe Tate call games.

7. Shimmy

Shimmy JBB JustBBall Member

All my life, well as long as I can remember watching. I am a fan of all Cleveland teams.

Mark Price, Larry Nance, John "Hot Rod" Williams and Terrell Brandon.

LeBron, Booz, DeJuanny

Dont think I have a favorite moment for the Cavs, Indians, or Browns. But thank god for the Buckeyes! lol

8. wags2lebron_wam

wags2lebron_wam JBB JustBBall Member

been a fan? all my life

favorite past players? ron harper, andre miller, larry nance, mike sanders, mark price

favorite current players? wagner, lebron, e-will

favorite moment? cavs getting no.1 pick adn drafting lebron

9. MirORich

MirORich JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a fan? Since 1987

List your favorite past Cavaliers. Ron Harper, Larry Nance

List your favorite current Cavaliers. Boozer

Do you have a favorite Cavs moment? I think it was 89-90, the cavs were playing the Bulls in a seven game series. Game 1 we were totally outplayed and outmuscled and the headlines in Chicago were referring to us as "Creampuffs" and that the series was going to be 4 or 5 games max. Game two we came out in the first quarter and proceeded to outscore them something like 27-6 in the first 9 minutes and Joe Tait was going nuts.

10. polarbear

polarbear JBB JustBBall Member

List your Favorite past Cavaliers: Mark Price, Terrell Brandon, Andre Miller, Craig Ehlo

List your favorite current Cavaliers: Lebron, Jason Kapono, Boozer, Diop

I have a favorite past moment and favorite recent moment. Favorite past moment goes a little something like this: "Ehlo swings it to price. 3 in the air........ GOOD." in the voice of joe tait, how important joe tait has been to cavs bball. Favorite recent moment of course is winning the draft lottery, and seeing lebron pan out the way he has thus far.

worst cavs moment from the past needs no elaboration, though probably the most recognizable play in his airness's legendary career. worst recent cavs moment is when the trade was announced sending andre miller to the clippers for darius miles. to this day im furious about that trade lebron and andre miller would be 10 times as good as andre and carmelo out in denver.

11. calicleveland

calicleveland JBB JustBBall Member

Since 1986 - Between Jordan and Elway, I stated being a Cleveland fan right, Losing when it counts most! Ahh, the heartbreak...hehe

Price, Big Bad Brad, Nance, Paul mokeski (J/K)

Boozer, Brown, 'Bron, Williams

Early 90's game against Utah, where ehlo inbounded the ball to Brad with 2 seconds left in the game. It was passed back to Ehlo as he stedded in bounds, and he banked in a three ath the Buzzer to win the game. That 68 point win over Miami was pretty fun, too.

-------------------------

12. Price for thREE

Price for thREE JBB JustBBall Member

A long time. Not long enough to remember the Miracle, but long enough to remember World B Free!

Mark Price, Terrell Brandon, Ron Harper (I still think that trade cost us at least one or two championships).

LeBron, Booz

In '92 I got to see in person Game 7 vs. the Celtics (Larry Bird's last game), probably the most amped I've ever seen a Cavs crowd.

Calicleveland did you go to that Utah game? I went with a bunch of friends but we started late and the kid who was driving missed the exit on the Turnpike! We would've missed most of the first half so we blew it off and the rest is history. We're still pissed at the driver to this day.

13. NarlCavs

NarlCavs JBB JustBBall Member

Long time. I can remember back to the late 70's a little.

Austin Carr, Mark Price, Terrell Brandon, Andre Miller.

Big Z, Boozer, LeBron

Of the games I saw in person it would have to be game 4 of the 1992 Eastern Conf. Finals against the Bulls because of the importance of the game. I remember Danny Ferry and Jordan getting into a fight. Of course, Ferry gets tossed but Jordan stays in the game. He was booed mercilessly whenever he touched the rest of the game. The Cavs won easily to tie the series at 2-2.
    I had tickets through a partial ticket plan to that Utah game where Ehlo hit the buzzer beater. I went with my dad to the games but that game fell near Christmas so we had to go visit relatives and had to give away the tickets. It still bugs me to see that highlight today.

14. Mark Price

Mark Price JBB JustBBall Member

re: Roll Call

How long have you been a fan? Longer than most of you have been alive, let's leave it at that : )

List your favorite past Cavaliers: Mark Price, Craig EEEEEEHHHHHLLLLLLOOOOO, and Andre Miller

List your favorite current Cavaliers: Boozer

Do you have a favorite Cavs moment: The entire 87-91 seasons were pretty great.

15. HardCore_BOozer

HardCore_BOozer JBB JustBBall Member

[quote name='CBBI']How long have you been a fan?

I was born in May of 83 so probably right at the end of 82.....

Mark Prrrrrice for thaareeeee!!!!!!!!!

Boozer is my fav but where would we be without LeBron?????

I was pretty jacked up when we got Shawn Kemp, which we all know how that turned out. But in turn, my favorite moment was having 5th row seats in the 98 playoffs when we beat Indiana in game 3. The Gund was rockin'!

Trading Ricky Davis ranks pretty high as well.

16. Streetball2k5

Streetball2k5 JBB JustBBall Member

Been a fan since 2000.
    Favourite Past Cav: Andre Miller
    Favourtite Present Cav: LeBron James
    Favourite Cavs Moment: Bron Bron's First Game.

17. Paul Silas

Paul Silas JBB JustBBall Member

been a fan since i was about 7 or 8, the '91 season when they went 33-49 due to price being injured. he came back the next year to lead the 2nd best team in the nba, damn you jordan.

i like every player on the cavs, but my fave would have to be booz. he's just so consistent, reliable, tough, hard-working, coachable, etc etc etc. the kind of player that you'd want your kids to model their game after.

out of the price-daughtery-nance trio, i'd have to say price. the team could not survive without him. his quickness, his ball-handling, the way he'd nail those pull-up 3's on a fast break...he was beautiful to watch play.

watching the lottery selection show was RIDICULOUSLY exciting.

in the '92 finals, the bulls came out and kicked our ass in game 1. a jack-ass chicago sun times columnist mocked the cavs, derisively calling them "cream-puffs". in game 2 we came out and destroyed them 107-85, i was only 8 but i've never been prouder to be a cavs fan than that night.

i pretty much went into hibernation after the strike, when the oh so promising team of '98 showed up unmotivated, especially santa kemp, who gained about 60 lbs. the guy was supposed to be the leader of an up and coming group, instead he just flat out stopped giving a shit. i became disgusted with the nba and with the cavs. they just seemed like a lazy, selfish collection of marginal talent, not a team like the current squad is. as a result i barely watched any games between 1999 and this year. but watching silas mold this group into a TEAM this year has been absolutely exhilirating. this is a very likeable team. no ricky davis and darius miles (i didn't hate those guys, but they'll never be on a winning team. plus there was something about d-miles face that just made me want to destroy things. god is his face ugly and nauseating. i can't believe he's in a movie)

18. DJRaz

DJRaz JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a fan? saw my first game live around 1980 at the coliseum. this was before world b. free and i was pretty young, but i do remember the original wine and gold. i remembering cherishing a poster of scott wedman when i was in like 3rd grade because it was a free giveaway to one of the early games i went to. plus my uncle had a line on loge tickets, so we saw the games in style! when world be free arrived i was like 8-9 and became a huge fan. i've been a die hard cavs fan since 1983. and i've almost died several times in those years.

List your favorite past Cavaliers: carr (by word of mouth), world, nance, hinson, ehlo, rookie harper, phills, bad brad, rookie andre, ricky d in a jester sort of way, boozer, bron of course.

List your favorite current Cavaliers: gotta go with bron. if there's ever been a phenom on and off the court he's it.

Do you have a favorite Cavs moment: i've been lucky enough to see some big games over the years without buying a ton of tickets. my most memorable moment isn't my favorite, but i was watching the bulls game with my brother and uncle at my uncle's house and when jordan hit that shot we all jumped up and freaked out - me accidentally punching the ceiling and practically breaking my hand. i suppose my favorite moments as a cavs fan has been every day the last 2 months. almost everyone in the nba is envious of what we are up to here in rusty old cleveland.

19. bunk040

bunk040 JBB JustBBall Member

I became a Cavs fan last year when I watched Ricky Davis jam on Yao Ming.

Ricky D

Dajuan Wagner

When Rick jammed on Steve Nash!

20. Jigo_oi

Jigo_oi JBB JustBBall Member

Born in Cleveland in '83, so as soon as I was capable of rational thought I was a Cavs fan. (The argument could certainly be made at some points that remaining a Cavs fan was irrational, but I'm proud to say I did it. Damn you, Jordan.)

I loved Price's game the most. So fun to watch and a better shooter than most guys in the league today.
    Also Andre Miller, Tyrone Hill, Hot Rod, Daugherty (good passer for a big man)
    I also had a lot of hope for Bob Sura and still like watching him play.

LeBron, Boozer, McInnis (sorry Z), Stephen Jackson?? Make it so Pax!!

Not so original at this point, but being a lifelong Cleveland fan, the hope- filled moments are my faves... so getting LeBron is my favorite moment.

"1989. Jordan get buzzer winning shot in first round of PO."

Carter #15, this is your favorite Cavs moment? LOL. That has to be my least favorite!